Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-01-2009, 07:35 PM
No charge for awesomeness

Yeah, that was an excellent game. I'd be pretty pissed about the last few seconds if I was a diehard Arizona fan though. That last play looked like an incomplete pass to me, they ruled it a fumble, game over with no review. I was shocked the replay booth didn't call for a closer look on it. Warner's arm was clearly moving forward and the way the ball projected out of there seemed a lot more like a pass than a fumble. As it is though, I was pretty impartial to who won so I didn't really get too worked up.... But if that were the Vikings or I was an Arizona fan, I'd be fuckin' fuming right now.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:44 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Leprucky Cougar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwind22 View Post
Vikings are out so I wouldn't say I'm excited about it, but I'll be watching it while not really caring who wins.

On second thought, Larry Fitzgerald is a Minnesota boy so I suppose that gives me slight reason to root for Arizona over Pittsburgh.
Good point. ....Today I was contemplating rooting for the cardinals instead...not for my obvious hatred for the steelers, but because both Ravens linebacker Terell Suggs (55) and tightend Todd Heap (86) were teammates at Arizona State when they were in college. So I see what you're saying...and also because both ravens and cardinals are birds...and birds of a feather, flock together, right? lol:p

Don't run away from me;
I'm Sorry if I was a little too brash.
Now hand over me Shilling;
Or I'll kill your Ass ! :D
Old 02-01-2009, 07:57 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Yeah, that was an excellent game. I'd be pretty pissed about the last few seconds if I was a diehard Arizona fan though. That last play looked like an incomplete pass to me, they ruled it a fumble, game over with no review. I was shocked the replay booth didn't call for a closer look on it. Warner's arm was clearly moving forward and the way the ball projected out of there seemed a lot more like a pass than a fumble. As it is though, I was pretty impartial to who won so I didn't really get too worked up.... But if that were the Vikings or I was an Arizona fan, I'd be fuckin' fuming right now.
Yeah I was disappointed too....I was glad that it wasn't a blowout, because nearly everyone and their mom thought the steelers were the favorites to win. And Arizona deserves respect, because even though they were coming in with a not so impressive record, not to mention the home nfc championship game despite their record, for the most part they hung in there. They comittted lots of penalties in the 2nd half that I thought would take them out for good.

But then when all else fails Warner sees Fitzgerald and 9 times out of 10 its magic. The only thing is, because of their high power offense, when Fitzgerald and Boldin have people beat deep, they score quickly. Perhaps after they scored, they should've went for two--to pressure the steelers to get a quick score and hope the pressure gets to them-so they make a mistake. Or, they could've went for the onside kick after they scored, so they could get the ball back, melt some clock down- so even if Pittsburgh forced a three and out, time wouldn't be on there side. With 2:37 left, even though the onside kick option might've been a gutsy call: It's the Superbowl. It's the only time when you're suppose to lay it all on the line--even if it's a gutsy decision.

Regardless of the fact though, the Steelers earned this one--clearly. There were some rather sketchy calls in the 2006 superbowl-and Pittsburgh nearly lost that one. Last year, in my view, the better team (NE) didn't win the Superbowl. I think they were robbed. I know, I know--the Tyree catch counted. I'm still not over it though. But this year, although I hate to see another terrible towel waved in my face: Pittsburgh was the best team in 2008.

Don't run away from me;
Old 02-01-2009, 07:59 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Didn't you hear the news? Brady went down fo the season in week 1 and that was all she wrote for the Patriots.

Sadly...that's my second favorite team. Brady's receovered though. And will be back in '09...I wonder if Bill will keep Cassel. Probably not. Detroit will probably try to grab him...they'll need all the help they can get. :p

Sorry if you're a lions fan on here.

Don't run away from me;
Old 02-01-2009, 08:03 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick Usher

Superbowl is always lame

That's what I thought about the half-time show. Since the 2004 Janet Jackson incident-it seems they're afraid to get younger, hipper, musicians to perform; I haven't enjoyed any superbowl halftime show since. The halftime show for the thanksgiving game -lions vs. titans I enjoyed though.

Don't run away from me;

Last edited by Leprucky Cougar; 02-01-2009 at 08:50 PM. Reason: grammar issue
Old 02-01-2009, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leprucky Cougar View Post
Sadly...that's my second favorite team. Brady's receovered though. And will be back in '09...I wonder if Bill will keep Cassel. Probably not. Detroit will probably try to grab him...they'll need all the help they can get. :p

Sorry if you're a lions fan on here.
Cassel will almost certainly be traded. The Vikings will (hopefully) be looking for a QB this offseason too, but then again our coach is a fucktard so even though they need one, they may not end up getting one. If the Vikes had a better QB (instead of 2 chumps that would probbaly be 2nd string at best on most teams) and a coach that knew how to manage the clock and when to challenge plays, they'd be a legit contender because we've got the best RB tandem in the league and a top 5 defense. Our WRs are decent, but our QBs can't getthem the ball. Our Special teams needs some work, but that could be rectified with a better ST coach. Until they make those changes, they're doomed to hang out in the upper eschilon of the mediocre teams, occassionally making the playoffs but never doing anything once they're in.

I had hoped McNabb would hit the market this offseason, but he seems to have rebounded very nicely from his benching in Philly and now I'm guessing he'll stay there, especially after their deep run in to the playoffs.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:47 PM
Evil Dead

There were rumors going around last year that McNabb was talking about heading there and if not he, then Chad Pennington would. But the Dolphins eliminated that option.

Don't run away from me;
Old 02-01-2009, 09:53 PM
The Dork Knight

Quote:
Cassel will almost certainly be traded. The Vikings will (hopefully) be looking for a QB this offseason too, but then again our coach is a fucktard so even though they need one, they may not end up getting one. If the Vikes had a better QB (instead of 2 chumps that would probbaly be 2nd string at best on most teams) and a coach that knew how to manage the clock and when to challenge plays, they'd be a legit contender because we've got the best RB tandem in the league and a top 5 defense. Our WRs are decent, but our QBs can't getthem the ball. Our Special teams needs some work, but that could be rectified with a better ST coach. Until they make those changes, they're doomed to hang out in the upper eschilon of the mediocre teams, occassionally making the playoffs but never doing anything once they're in.

I had hoped McNabb would hit the market this offseason, but he seems to have rebounded very nicely from his benching in Philly and now I'm guessing he'll stay there, especially after their deep run in to the playoffs.
I agree. Look at what happened with White and Jenkins, once Matt Ryan showed up. But Jackson did finish up pretty well, and might be worth taking another look at. I think they should pick up someone a few rungs up from Gus Frerotte, to plug in if it doesn't work out, though.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:58 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSTIN316426808 View Post
I agree. Look at what happened with White and Jenkins, once Matt Ryan showed up. But Jackson did finish up pretty well, and might be worth taking another look at. I think they should pick up someone a few rungs up from Gus Frerotte, to plug in if it doesn't work out, though.
Hey !!! You guys want our Kyle Boller? We Ravens can not stand him. [I actually supported never drafting him in ;03 and stay with the possibility of Byron Leftwich and this defensive guy that plays with NE-I forget his name at the moment. But no, we trade up to get Boller from Cal]

We're cool with the Rookie of the Year Joe Flacco and Heisman trophy winner Troy Smith. Boller has a hell of a arm...but needs to work on accuracy in terms getting in good positions for his receivers instead of those SS and DB down the field.

Detroit might wind up with him, if they can't get Cassel.

Don't run away from me;
Old 02-01-2009, 10:06 PM

Boller is on par with what I would expect the Vikings to go after, which doesn't speak well of him. I'd take Flacco in a heartbeat though. He came out of nowhere this year and turned out to be excellent.

TJax would be okay as a backup if we traded for Cassel and dicthed Frerotte. I'm not comfortable with him at all in the starting spot though. He's still making too many mistakes.