Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Horror Filmmakers
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-15-2006, 07:01 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Agreed with most of you: Cant write with lyrics. Just doesnt happen.

I use Danny Elfman's scores quite a bit...even though it might not be one of his best, I find his Spiderman 2 score great writing music. Doc Ock Suite is awesome.

Ive been known to put on some Ennio Morricone stuff aswell.
Old 12-16-2006, 09:15 AM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Been listening to a lot of Naked City while writing (John Zorn's thrash jazz ensenble fromted by a madman who screams in Japanese)

it's so apoplectic that it keeps me off rhythm...which is something I've been craving lately, don't want to get too comfortable and lazy.

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 12-28-2006, 09:44 AM
Evil Dead

I'm working on a script now, just for fun... might go somewhere but I ain't really counting on it. While writing I prefer to listen to very strong lyrical pieces, that drive emotion. It just puts the images right into my head, and I write what I see.