Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-02-2006, 06:56 AM
Banned

Re: ...

Quote:
Originally posted by Angelakillsluts
The Omen is such a good movie. They'll screw it up, don't worry. :) :(

yep .. they'll do the usual and replace the mature actors with a bunch of chisel faced 22 year olds.

its the same thing every fucking time because the vast majority of people who can afford to go - or are willing to go to the theatres - are in their teens and early 20's and they dont want to go to a movie and see old fogeys.

no point even complaining anymore - it's what our culture has come to.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:01 AM
Therapy?

Re: Re: ...

Quote:
Originally posted by urgeok
yep .. they'll do the usual and replace the mature actors with a bunch of chisel faced 22 year olds.

its the same thing every fucking time because the vast majority of people who can afford to go - or are willing to go to the theatres - are in their teens and early 20's and they dont want to go to a movie and see old fogeys.

no point even complaining anymore - it's what our culture has come to.
yup, I'll waste my money to watch it too. Because like I've mentioned before, I'm a sucker for the theater.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:07 AM
Banned

I totally agree there. the majority ov the cast were middle aged i guess ( except sweet little damian) they do tend to put more youthful actors/actresses in remakes.....and completley fuck a perfectly descent film up!

for me, the actin' in texas chainsaw (orig) <for e.g.> was crap but its still way better than the remake i feel....
Old 05-02-2006, 07:20 AM
Banned

Re: Re: Re: ...

Quote:
yup, I'll waste my money to watch it too. Because like I've mentioned before, I'm a sucker for the theater.
i love the theatre too ... but i'm a prime example of someone who doesnt get to go often because of needing a babysitter - and the expenses and logistics that come with that.
the only movies we see are kids movies because we can all go together.

good for my kid because he's seen more movies now at 5 than i did until i was 16.

its hard to pinpoint where the shift came - but i think it was with home video.
before that you saw more adults in the theatres. they had no choice. there were less films being produced and the target audience were the ones that could afford to go.
It was also no big deal to get the 14 year old kid next door to babysit for a couple of bucks an hour.

but since video .. adults prefer to be at home (i dont - but many loath the thought of the theatre)

kids also have more disposable money these days ..
its the age of the single parent .. people are throwing money at kids in lieu of parenting.

anyway - for several various reasons - some being a socio-economical shift, cultural shifts, and home video ... the movies being made today are still mostly catering to the youth market.

i know that home video sales will still bring in a lot of money - and adults will see them at that point - but for a filmmaker/studio .. its the box office that really matters.

Last edited by urgeok; 05-02-2006 at 07:57 AM.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:44 AM
Can you dig it ?

Except for the shot with the kid saying "they're afraid of me" and one with guys with guns , everything in the trailer looks like it was lifted directly from the original film (ala the 'Psycho' re-make). Besides "money" being the obvious answer, what's the point ? :mad:
CK
Old 05-02-2006, 07:55 PM
Therapy?

Psycho being one of my all time favorite movies, the remake really bugged me. They were actually proud that the re-shot the original movie frame by frame. :mad:
Old 05-02-2006, 08:11 PM
Can you dig it ?

It's like participating in 'The Rocky Horror Picture Show'- same scenes, same music, but different people and no fun LOL
CK
Old 05-02-2006, 08:57 PM
Therapy?

Quote:
Originally posted by MisterSadistro
It's like participating in 'The Rocky Horror Picture Show'- same scenes, same music, but different people and no fun LOL
CK
That's another thing, there isn't enough movies with Tim Curry. I'm not going to sit through Congo for him, why no good movies without tim curry (without the muppets or damon brothers :p ). What about horror movies??? I think he has a total horror look, he's a great actor (and his voice, I mean come on!)

Will hollywood ever stop wronging us? :(
Old 05-02-2006, 09:36 PM
Can you dig it ?

<sigh> I guess not. Charge your camera's batteries since it looks like it's you and me against the world ;)
CK
Old 05-03-2006, 02:45 AM
Banned

Re: ...

Quote:
That's another thing, there isn't enough movies with Tim Curry. I'm not going to sit through Congo for him, why no good movies without tim curry (without the muppets or damon brothers :p ). What about horror movies??? I think he has a total horror look, he's a great actor (and his voice, I mean come on!)

Will hollywood ever stop wronging us? :(

he was pretty good in Legend

but yeah Congo was horrible