Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-26-2005, 12:22 PM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally posted by ZombiexDoll
Remake, Sequel regadless... The only thing i thought was good about this move was the gore. There were TONS of it and that was great. I do LOVE Zombie flicks.. Obviously, look at my username. I was really hyped for this movie because i am a fan of the Living Dead series, etc. This one just didn't have what i was hoping for.

And "House of the dead" I thought was a joke at first, Oh wait, that was the acting! Quite humorous.
Actually, there really wasn't that much gore at all.

Dissapointing, dull, too much CGI, over-excited crap characters, and I will reFUSE to think of it as part of the old 'Dead' series.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:27 PM
Evil Dead

Compared to the likes of resi or dawn it was a bloodbath! at least the zombies actually ate people.
Do you know who i am? I'm the ANTICHRIST. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood, tell the ANGELS in Heaven you never saw EVIL so singularly personified than in the face of the man who KILLED you........

I ask you again Captain, where will you go?
You can destroy my specimens but what about the millions that wait to greet you outside?
Do you really think you can blow the piss out of them?
All of them?
Old 10-26-2005, 04:00 PM
No charge for awesomeness

Zombie evolution I can deal with. They started it with Bub and it seems only logical that after an extended period of time, they would eventually figure out how to use basic tools and such.

What I had a problem with the zombie emotion. Big Daddy feeling pissed every time he saw another zombie suffering just bothered the shit out of me for some reason. It was so damn stupid it lowered my whole opinion of the movie.

I hate to say it, but Romero needs this franchise right now before he does any more damage to it's credibility.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:34 PM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally posted by alkytrio666
Actually, there really wasn't that much gore at all.

Dissapointing, dull, too much CGI, over-excited crap characters, and I will reFUSE to think of it as part of the old 'Dead' series.
Actually..There was. Compared to the movies out nowadays and in theaters.. I'd say this one was pretty gory. Alot of eating involved this go-around.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:45 PM
Evil Dead

When I hear the phrase "old school" when it comes to referring to zombies eating people, I just can't stand zombies on top of someone and it's like they're just on top of someone, moving all around. I wanna see organs getting ripped out and consumed like the original "Dawn" and "Day". One of the coolest gore scenes in "Day Of The Dead" has to be the guy's head getting ripped off and the Gereral's guts getting ripped out. I laughed my ass off when I read the article on how the pig intestines were frozen and left to thaw and they forgot about it. It went something like "after the scene, everybody ran away gagging." That's classic. :D
Old 10-26-2005, 07:45 PM
..its only a movie...

I really enjoyed the movie, although it is the weakest in the series. 4/5. I just didnt like big daddy too much, or the way zombies comunicated and the end line "there only looking for a place" or whatever, that was super lame. but other then those set backs it was really enjoyable. one of the better horror movies in years.

As I was going up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish I wish he'd go away .
Old 10-26-2005, 08:13 PM
my opinion counts dammit

Send a message via MSN to stubbornforgey Send a message via Yahoo to stubbornforgey
for some reason

I couldnt get into this movie...
was like when i was dragged along to see LOTR..I was jittery and just wanted to get the hell out of there.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:30 AM
Evil Dead

Even if a movie is crappy and it's filled with non-stop headpounding gore to make up for the quality of the storyline, that's fine with me. :)
Old 10-27-2005, 06:56 AM
Evil Dead

You & me are in the same ball park mate,
only two rules in a zombi movie: they eat people & you have to shoot them in the head to kill them. something RESI & the rest of those shite movies forget so they can get there crappy PG13...
Do you know who i am? I'm the ANTICHRIST. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood, tell the ANGELS in Heaven you never saw EVIL so singularly personified than in the face of the man who KILLED you........

I ask you again Captain, where will you go?
You can destroy my specimens but what about the millions that wait to greet you outside?
Do you really think you can blow the piss out of them?
All of them?
Old 10-27-2005, 09:27 AM
Evil Dead

Don't forget burning and shocked with gobs of electricity so you can watch their eyes shoot out of their skulls. :D Just once, I would love to see a fresh zombie come after an intended victim and see em take an axe and hack the zombie into 20 or more pieces, up close and personal! ;)