Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-26-2005, 03:46 AM
Evil Dead

Have you seen Alien 3? It is identical to Se7en in its brooding, heavy, depressing atmosphere. It's pregnant with dread throughout and what I really love about the film is not so much the murders -- although they are well executed and truly grotesque (just seeing the "Lust" murder tool makes me cringe) -- but the interaction between the detectives that fleshed out their personal views about the case, understanding the killer's motivations, and where they're each coming from in terms of their own perspectives about living in general, all the while they're moving through the film and trying to put the pieces together.

Of Fincher's films, this is one of the best.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:20 AM
Foxhole Atheist

Morgan Freeman turns this film from a very good movie to a great one. Its his understated performance, especially when played against Brad Pitt's energetic one, which i really like.

I assume most people know that Kevin Spacey's name wasn't on the opening credits so they wouldn't give away the identity of the killer?

Battle Royalty, 2009
@Wolf_Scousemac
Old 10-26-2005, 04:43 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
Ive only seen the begining with the fat dude. but I wanna finish it real bad.

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 10-26-2005, 05:54 AM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally posted by scouse mac

I assume most people know that Kevin Spacey's name wasn't on the opening credits so they wouldn't give away the identity of the killer?

I did not know that

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch...
Old 10-26-2005, 07:48 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by The STE
Best horror movie ever
Not really in a horror movie in that it was more of a murder suspense. I'll go even with thriller, but not horror.

This movie was really good though. Morgan Freeman does good work. Kiss the Girls, Along Came a Spider (prequal to Kiss the Girls) etc...
Old 10-26-2005, 05:13 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally posted by no mulier
Have you seen Alien 3? It is identical to Se7en in its brooding, heavy, depressing atmosphere. It's pregnant with dread throughout and what I really love about the film is not so much the murders -- although they are well executed and truly grotesque (just seeing the "Lust" murder tool makes me cringe) -- but the interaction between the detectives that fleshed out their personal views about the case, understanding the killer's motivations, and where they're each coming from in terms of their own perspectives about living in general, all the while they're moving through the film and trying to put the pieces together.

Of Fincher's films, this is one of the best.
Well put :)

Alien 3 is a great film. I really liked The Game when that come out too.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:46 AM

Send a message via ICQ to AmericanManiac Send a message via AIM to AmericanManiac Send a message via Skype™ to AmericanManiac
Kevin Spacey is probley one of the best actors anyone seen the Usual Suspects??
Old 10-27-2005, 04:21 AM
Hellraiser

It was a good movie. Better than I was expecting. I loved the ending. :-) I'm a hardened gorehound but the sloth dude made me wince a bit. That would so suck. :-p
Old 10-27-2005, 04:34 AM
Evil Dead

The more I hear about this movie, the more I need to rent it. :) Is there an extra gory unrated version?
Old 10-28-2005, 03:06 PM
Hellraiser

Dont think so. I only know of the platinum series (2 disc set) which was the latest released in I believe 2000. The first release was in '97.

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch...