Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-04-2009, 09:12 PM
Cranky

I don't think you have to be paranoid of weak-minded to enjoy a conspiracy theory book. I find it interesting to see how people link things from history together, even if they make half of it up.

Robert Anton Wilson & Robert Shea's Illuminatus Trilogy are fascinating, scary, hilarious reads as is Another Roadside Attraction by Tom Robbins.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 06-05-2009, 07:51 AM
Evil Dead

Agreed. But there is a big difference between enjoying them as fiction and believing them. It's the people who read them and then babble for hours about this horrible conspiracy that is going on under our noses that make me go batshit.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:02 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

it wasnt the conspiracy - enjoying or believing i even cared about - it was just how horribly written it was (angels and demons - i never bothered to read da vinci code because A and D was so bad)
Old 06-05-2009, 05:50 PM
Foxhole Atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgeok2 View Post
it wasnt the conspiracy - enjoying or believing i even cared about - it was just how horribly written it was (angels and demons - i never bothered to read da vinci code because A and D was so bad)

Thats funny as I never bothered with any more of his after reading Da Vinci code purely because it was so poorly written. The ideas he had were good, some quite clever, but he hasnt got a clue how to portray them.

I made it to about minute forty of the film before turning it off. Ive never attempted to give it another go.

Battle Royalty, 2009
@Wolf_Scousemac
Old 06-06-2009, 01:46 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

I was shocked how bad and 'by the numbers' Angels and Demons was - i didn't expect much after seeing the DeVinci Code.

I wish some one would make a film of FLICKER - Darren Aronofsky was meant to do it but its dropped from his IMDB page. Of cours ppl will call it a DEVinci code rip off but there are some people who aren't aware of books at all.

Has any one else read t his Novel?