Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-30-2007, 11:33 AM
(sw) Fake Shemp (sw)

well i watched it on my computer and got bored, so i watched south park to break it up got a cup of coffee and a bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes to perk me up... i like josh hartnett and mellisa george, and i like them in it but it just didnt feel like the comic to me...and obviously they released it for this time of year... like it seems most horrors are, cause they cant compete with summer blockbusters or the christmas family films

"It's a DISASTER...a DISASTER! Spelt with two 'O's... like 'DOOM'!!"
Old 10-30-2007, 12:50 PM
Evil Dead

I personally thought it was great, though my expectations weren't too high.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:09 PM
arviladze

thankssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Old 11-08-2007, 07:48 AM
a bloody mess

finally got enough free time to catch it and i have to say i was not impressed... although it wasn't crap either. good cinematography/fx, but the pacing was a bit off. still a fun ride, decent adaptation of the graphic novel.

1) Candyman
2) American Werewolf In London
3) Evil Dead 2
4) Hellraiser
5) Night Of The Living Dead
6) Jaws
7) Ginger Snaps 2
8) Dead Alive
9) Halloween
10) The Omen

t-pot
Old 11-08-2007, 03:53 PM
Evil Dead

Repost:

Having read the original limited series/graphic novel I was apprehensive, however good the trailers looked.
One thing about this film, is that the acting is not brilliant...but that makes for little issue in a film of this type - it wasn't appalling, just not award winning stuff.
The rest of the movie however, was pretty well done I thought.
Of course, it seems that having someone on board with first hand experience in the creative process of the original comic series served well again, as per sin city, the atmosphere of the comic story came alive.
The vampires were a different breed than what we're used to seeing, similar to the comic, and the events, while somewhat altered in parts actually fit together into what I'd call a pretty good adaptation.

I've just recently seen Daywatch, and where I love it for it's differences and weirdness, I think that out of the two vampire films I've seen lately, 30D.O.N I enjoyed more
Old 11-08-2007, 08:04 PM
HDC Idol

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who found 30 Days slightly boring... It took me a while to actually get into the film (then again, I have a difficult time standing still anyway)... And the scenes that should have been nail-biting... well... just fell short. Not to mention the final showdown/payoff was so incredibly disappointingly lame... I can barely express myself.

HOWEVER...

The depiction of the vampires themselves was pretty damn impressive. I feel as though vampires have been too anthropomorphized over the years (Buffy, Angel, Moonlight) that they've lost sight of the original monster (Nosferatu). The vampires in 30 Days of Night were the most horrifying vampires that I have ever seen... The vision of these shark-like creatures hulking over their prey, blood unabashedly dribbling down their fronts... That is definitely more threatening than a clean-cut sharp-toothed Tom Cruise (though I do concede that Rice's purpose was to explore sex and vampires, so it might not be an apt comparison).

The vampire scenes were spectacular. The monsters were horrifying.

But I wouldn't necessarily recommend the flick to horror fans, let alone vampire movie buffs.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:26 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_real_linda View Post
well i watched it on my computer and got bored
please stop stealing films

it is theft that you're doing

justify it however you wish, but you are stealing

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 11-08-2007, 09:16 PM
HDC Resident Serial Killa

Send a message via Yahoo to Freak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick Usher View Post

I agree that it's stealing but it beats paying 12 bucks to go see it a theater with a bunch on idiots talking on thier cellphones the whole time giving there friends a play by play of the movie as it's going on.I mean we've all downloaded music illegal before haven't we?
Old 11-08-2007, 09:32 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:

I download/steal (whichever) films occasionally, more often if I've missed them at the cinema...usually if I like those that I DO obtain for free, I'll buy them when they become available.
Hell, sometimes I just download films, full stop.
But...I have to admit it bothers me when people do nothing BUT download films, huge collections of movies on burnt dvds...the ones that get ever film they can just to have it. Those people annoy me (not saying that of anyone here, I don't know or care about each individuals downloading patterns).

I can see where you're coming from Rod, you especially...but...you know any request of this nature won't really change anything right? Beyond any excuses made, people know what they're doing.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:57 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak View Post
.I mean we've all downloaded music illegal before haven't we?
No not all of us

It is easy to say "everyone is doing it", but that doesn't make it right.

It is the lesson I reinforce to my kids constantly. Do the right thing BECAUSE it is right, not because it's convenient or easy or someone is watching.

Please stop this practice. You aren't "sticking it to the man" you're stealing from the pockets of my friends and associates. You are damaging the system that creates the art you love.

It is a symptom of our selfish age to not care from whom we steal. But I wouldn't be serving my conscience if I didn't at least state the truth and try to force all of you illegal down-loaders into a crisis of conscience. Please stop.

Do what's right BECAUSE it's right.

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon