Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-13-2007, 05:06 PM
Tonight's the nght.

Bad ass! .
Old 05-19-2007, 03:56 PM
Evil Dead

Spoilers*****didn't Like It

SPOILERS below
Here are some things I didn't like about it:

*The wife somehow walks back to her London flat from the cabin (WTF?). Fake...

*She would have had to use the key under the rock to get in, so why was it still there? And don't tell me she had her own key b/c broads carry keys in a purse and she had no purse...

*The jostled camera look was too much. The infected and fast and crazy, the camera work doesn't need to be.

*The only time there is a sense of "domain" is at the beginning when we feel trapped in the cabin like the people are. I like to know where places are in relation to each other in a film. When people walk down a hallway I like to think "that's the hallway over the living quarters" or some such thing. This film just cuts from rooftop soldiers to a bedroom, to a medical room, etc...

*The "military = bad" statement is beaten into the ground...again like in the 1st film...

*The infected Dad is everwhere...somehow...

*They don't show us how France (and presumably the rest of the continent) get infected at the end. We see the chopter flying over the ocean, so are we to assume that the kid infects people like his Mom did? If so, doesn't that just prove the military was right? The morals here are half baked.

*Everyone agreed that the worst part of 28 Days was the military ending. So why did they give the sequel the exact same feel?

*What happens to the folks at the beginning who make it up into the hayloft and close the trap door? They would have made a much more interesting film...
Old 05-19-2007, 08:16 PM
Token Black Guy

It is truly one of the better zombie documentaries of recent years.
Old 05-20-2007, 05:15 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemal View Post
It is truly one of the better zombie documentaries of recent years.
It hasn't had much competition. At least not much shot on actual film anyway... Can't really count all those DV cheesers...
Old 05-21-2007, 06:09 AM
Scares Little Kids

Had to login for the first time in forever just to note some flaws in your dislikes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATHH DREAMS author View Post
SPOILERS below
*The wife somehow walks back to her London flat from the cabin (WTF?). Fake...
A virus that makes people act like zombies and bite peopel! PFFT! FAKE! This is a movie, not real life.

Quote:
*She would have had to use the key under the rock to get in, so why was it still there? And don't tell me she had her own key b/c broads carry keys in a purse and she had no purse...
How incredibly sexist of you. Good job. A "broad" can just as well carry a key in a pocket. Especially if that's the only thing she took with her from the cabin.

Quote:
*The "military = bad" statement is beaten into the ground...again like in the 1st film...
How about "people=bad" since we're talking about the people in the military taking these actions, not to mention one non-military character who commited a very cowardly act within the first 10 minutes of the movie. This perceived notion that just because the military did bad things that the movie is trying to claim the military is EVVVIILLLL is so lame.

Quote:
*They don't show us how France (and presumably the rest of the continent) get infected at the end. We see the chopter flying over the ocean, so are we to assume that the kid infects people like his Mom did? If so, doesn't that just prove the military was right? The morals here are half baked.
The kid did infect people and yes because he was flown there. It had nothing to do with morals. This film wasn't about "morals" it was about survival. The main thing here is that the whole thing was FUBAR and nobody would listen to the MEDICAL EXPERT which was really stupid considering this is a disease. If they had listened to her they could have contained the Mother more properly, and eventually the son if he still got infected, and studied them in order to prevent or vaccinate against further spread of the virus. Either way, you yourself just proved that they did show up how France got infected: because of the kid. Obvious to anyone with a functioning eyeball or two.

Quote:
*Everyone agreed that the worst part of 28 Days was the military ending. So why did they give the sequel the exact same feel?
Everyone? That's some pretty big numbers, hope you have statistics to back up that absolutely everyone who ever watched the movie thinks that is the worst part of the movie.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:11 PM
Eye Catching

Death Dreams was there anything you liked about the film?

I would agree that some parts of the film had me tilting my head and questioning the film like, the mother returning to the house, and the father continually showing up. However I did not dwell on such minor incidents. I still don't see how the military aspect in both films ruined the film. I liked the introduction of the military in both films. Over all I don't think there was many things that could take away just how great this film was.

Linda I laughed too. I received some strange looks from the rest of the audience lol.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:35 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Death Dreams was there anything you liked about the film?.
Sure, I liked the whole beginning. That scene where he is running from dozens of the infected freaked me out. It made me think about if I had my daughter with me and was in the same situation, how absolutely horrible it would be.

I also liked the way the safe zone reminded me of Day of the Dead (sort of). The helicopter scene ruled also.

I guess I just wanted more "walking the apocalyptic streets of London and trying to survive" kind of thing. I wanted the focus to be more about the infected and less about humans. I can turn on CNN and view the horror that humans are capable of, but I can't see zombies there...
Old 05-21-2007, 03:39 PM
(sw) Fake Shemp (sw)

Quote:
I can turn on CNN and view the horror that humans are capable of, but I can't see zombies there...
:D true :D and i agree.......it felt like i had seen it before.......but it was still interesting......anyone else read the comic...???

i dont recommend the comic as it dosent give any more insight.......just follows another family.

"It's a DISASTER...a DISASTER! Spelt with two 'O's... like 'DOOM'!!"
Old 05-21-2007, 03:41 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidgardDragon View Post
can just as well carry a key in a pocket. Especially if that's the only thing she took with her from the cabin.
Midgard, there is a difference between possible and plausible. And these are just my opinions...
Old 05-22-2007, 02:41 AM
Eye Catching

Quote:
Sure, I liked the whole beginning. That scene where he is running from dozens of the infected freaked me out. It made me think about if I had my daughter with me and was in the same situation, how absolutely horrible it would be.

I also liked the way the safe zone reminded me of Day of the Dead (sort of). The helicopter scene ruled also.

I guess I just wanted more "walking the apocalyptic streets of London and trying to survive" kind of thing. I wanted the focus to be more about the infected and less about humans. I can turn on CNN and view the horror that humans are capable of, but I can't see zombies there...
The scene at the start was brilliant, then again you would have thought one of the infected might have been faster than him lol.

The helicopter scene was just what the film needed lol blood, gore and severed body parts. Loved it.

Why would you turn your attention to the infected? If you always knew where the infected where I think it would be boring, I liked the suspence. Also there was more to fear than just the infected in this film. They where basically being hunted by the infected and the military. Its bad enough that the infected are your own kind but to have those who are still of a sane mind turn against you. The focus is on all humans IMO, infected or not, it was how different humans reacted in the situation.