Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Foreign Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-10-2006, 09:10 PM
Evil Dead

i would never pay money to watch the shining, we all have our little quirks. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR3SSUR3 View Post
We need something to masturbate to, often in time to the knife incisions. The "money shot" - such as final decapitation, extreme blood spurting etc - often coincides with orgasm.
Muh shit.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:26 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec7ral View Post
i would never pay money to watch the shining, we all have our little quirks. :D
That's fine, but we both know that isn't exactly what I'm getting at.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:34 AM
Mighty HDC Drunken Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer666 View Post
The following is a quote from a review of this box set I found at http://www.dvdmaniacs.net/Reviews/E-...g_box_set.html

My question is how anyone could read this and think, "Man I gotta get this." I just don't get this subgenre at all. Are there really that many sadists out there?
Who wouldn't want to watch after that:D

It's all about the feeling. Lots of hardcore horror fans go through their stages. Once you reach a certain point, you just don't get scared anymore. Many people go out of their way to get some part of that feeling back. If we can't be scared, maybe we can be sickened and disturbed. Being shocked becomes the ultimate goal instead of being terrified. To some people it's just a phase, I went through it big time about 10 years ago. I still enjoy a good exploitation flick.

It's also an adventure about setting your own personal boundaries. Man is a natural explorer, and one of the greatest quests of all is discovering who we are. How far can I go; where's my breaking point? Can I take torture? Child murder, rape, dismemberment? The quest to find something to push you so far you have to turn away or even turn off the tape.

Or, it could just be some people like tits and blood. Who's to say?

Last edited by The Flayed One; 12-11-2006 at 11:30 AM.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:06 PM
Evil Dead

i cant get the picutre to work :(

Quote:
We need something to masturbate to, often in time to the knife incisions. The "money shot" - such as final decapitation, extreme blood spurting etc - often coincides with orgasm.
Muh shit.

Last edited by Spec7ral; 12-11-2006 at 01:11 PM.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:08 PM
Evil Dead

HARUMPH!!!

Quote:
Muh shit.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:24 PM
What now?

Send a message via AIM to The New Barbarian
I saw a copy at FYE for $15.00.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:52 PM
Smack My Titties

Quote:
My question is how anyone could read this and think, "Man I gotta get this." I just don't get this subgenre at all. Are there really that many sadists out there?

I'm not sure that you are seperating artwork from desire here.

If you cannot accept the depiction of torture and murder as art, and must have morals and retribution in all of your entertainment, it is understandable that the Guinea Pig films might not be for you.

However to call me a sadist for seeking out The Flower, The Flesh & The Blood is not correct - I get no pleasure from inflicting pain on others (except omcdave).

As a suggestion, perhaps you could watch the short featurette which is the Making of Guinea Pig - I'm sure when you observe the film set between takes the undeniably strong effect of the finished product won't seem quite so disturbing.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:47 PM
Evil Dead

Thanks for explaining, Flayed. That made a lot of sense.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:06 AM
Prince-Of-Horror

I saw Guinea Pig : Flower of the Flesh and I enjoy this movies but this very mad .
Old 01-26-2007, 01:14 AM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
The Japanese GUINEA PIG horror series first rose to infamy when actor Charlie Sheen saw FLOWER OF FLESH AND BLOOD and reported it to the authorities as a snuff film. Both that film and the previous in the series, DEVIL'S EXPERIMENT, were conceived as simulations of precisely what Sheen mistook FLOWER for: snuff films. Even as the series grew more ambitious, it still stuck to its formula of grotesque, over-the-top gore effects. In ANDROID OF NOTRE DAME, a dwarven scientist experiments on people in order to restore his dying sister to full health. MERMAID IN A MANHOLE, directed by notorious hentai manga artist Hideshi Hino (who also had a hand in the first two films and conceiving the series as a whole), concerns a depressed artist who finds a wounded mermaid and brings her home, only to have the magical creature rapidly succumb to a rotting disease. HE NEVER DIES and DEVIL DOCTOR WOMAN round out the series with a bizarre combination of gore effects and blacker-than-black humor. Horror fans with a taste for the extreme have been seeking out the GUINEA PIG films for years.

I can get this box set for $60...Is that a decent deal?...Is it worth it?...Or should I wait until I can find it cheaper?

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be