Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-05-2009, 10:47 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
Some people want to think they killed and hurt a bunch of animals .
I was in my local supermarket and it was like some sorta morgue - dead animals every where. Who gives a shit if the animals are killed for a movie or to be stuck in a freezer in Walmart.......
Old 10-05-2009, 12:56 PM
HDC Resident Serial Killa

Send a message via Yahoo to Freak
Given the fact that the Japanese will eat anything that moves.And there teams that roam the cities kill dogs and cats in the most brutal ways I wouldn't be suprised if they did kill a bunch of animals.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:26 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post
I was in my local supermarket and it was like some sorta morgue - dead animals every where. Who gives a shit if the animals are killed for a movie or to be stuck in a freezer in Walmart.......
It's the difference we created by domesticating certain animals. I love animals, some as pets and some as dinner. MMmmm mmmm. Some Japanese regard animals as property and others (like the director) are huge animal lovers.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:16 PM
Misanthrope

Animals don't deserve to be property, dinner or domesticated.
It's not our fuckin' right either.
Exploiting the weak and voiceless is typical of humanity's selfishness.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:14 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
It's the difference we created by domesticating certain animals. I love animals, some as pets and some as dinner. MMmmm mmmm. Some Japanese regard animals as property and others (like the director) are huge animal lovers.
But certain asian countries eat the animals that we domesticate as pets - i don't see it it as a huge difference that animal is killed on screen or for dinner. I'm sure there has been 100's of threads on 100's of boards discussing how deplorable the turtle scene is in Cannibal Holocaust and these same people sit down to roast beef every Sunday.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:15 AM
Foxhole Atheist

Ive no wish to see animals killed for real on screen, it just seems to be unnecessary.

The water buffalo which is killed in Apocalypse Now or the rabbit in Necromantik are in the films for symbolism but would it really matter if they had used fakes or altered the manner in which the scene was shot?

Battle Royalty, 2009
@Wolf_Scousemac
Old 10-06-2009, 08:02 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
Quote:
Who gives a shit if the animals are killed for a movie or to be stuck in a freezer in Walmart.......
I do..........

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 10-06-2009, 08:30 AM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
Some Japanese regard animals as property and others (like the director) are huge animal lovers.
Yeah, that's bigger than just asian countries...seriously, there's a lot of folks in the Western world that consider their "pets" as little more than roaming property, keep them outside all the time regardless of weather, speak to them only to bark orders, use violence to enforce, don't feed or care for them properly etc, won't even take them to the vet when they have an obvious condition, and often employ the "just an animal" routine to justify a lot of this kind of treatment.

You can't really blame the Japanese for their choice of diet any more than you or I are cow killers, veal and lamb are really "wrong" in the grand scheme of things but consumption of these products is at an all time high.
As for other asian countries where animals considered by us as pets are eaten, it's not like an all of a sudden kind of thing where they just say "I'm going to eat someones pet dog, it's about availability, finance, and what one is bought up to perceive as normal.

Sustenance vs Entertainment, is the real issue at hand here.
I have heard the facts and/or rumours about this particular film though have never been too inclined to look into it - I'm not much of a fan of animal performance either so films like this aren't really my thing generally.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:45 AM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
Animals don't deserve to be property, dinner or domesticated.
It's not our fuckin' right either.
Exploiting the weak and voiceless is typical of humanity's selfishness.
So you don't swat mosquitoes if they land on you or trap a mouse that might wander into your home I hope. I love my dog, yay for domestication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scouse mac View Post
Ive no wish to see animals killed for real on screen, it just seems to be unnecessary.

The water buffalo which is killed in Apocalypse Now or the rabbit in Necromantik are in the films for symbolism but would it really matter if they had used fakes or altered the manner in which the scene was shot?

Wasn't the buffalo used as food though? I don't know, I remember an ex-girlfriend going to Africa and to thank her group they brought in and slaughtered a goat for their "feast". It would have insulted the people had they not ate it. I have no problem eating dead animals, I do have a problem with people killing for entertainment or "sport" (hunting is fine to me, but to not eat the animal and hunt for "trophies" is disgusting).

Last edited by Despare; 10-06-2009 at 10:48 AM.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:37 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
I'm sure there has been 100's of threads on 100's of boards discussing how deplorable the turtle scene is in Cannibal Holocaust and these same people sit down to roast beef every Sunday.
Yeh shit like that has me shaking my head. How fuckin' blind to reality can you be.

Its like the "humanly slaughtered" thing. There's no such thing no matter how people sugarcoat it.

Quote:
So you don't swat mosquitoes if they land on you or trap a mouse that might wander into your home I hope. I love my dog, yay for domestication.
Ok Mr Facetious...

Killed a mouse in a trap awhile back and felt like a real prick so I don't do that anymore. I shoo bugs away without killing them or put them outside.