Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-24-2007, 08:06 PM
We ride with death tonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante'sInferno View Post
Dante's better.
Oooooh, that is a bold statement. I'm a big Devil May Cry fan but I honestly can't decide who i think would win in a fight (to the death.... of course) between Kratos and Dante.
Both of these characters are hard-asses, and both of them have kicked the shit out of countless demons. Dante has the advantage of modern-day weapons (shotguns, grenade launchers, etc) and has a cool (and often very cheesey) attitude, but Kratos has magic bestowed onto him by both god and titans. Mix Kratos' magic with his unearthly rage and infinite anger and you are in for one hell of a fucking fight!

I really can't decide........
Old 05-24-2007, 08:15 PM
Tonight's the nght.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrider View Post
Oooooh, that is a bold statement. I'm a big Devil May Cry fan but I honestly can't decide who i think would win in a fight (to the death.... of course) between Kratos and Dante.
Both of these characters are hard-asses, and both of them have kicked the shit out of countless demons. Dante has the advantage of modern-day weapons (shotguns, grenade launchers, etc) and has a cool (and often very cheesey) attitude, but Kratos has magic bestowed onto him by both god and titans. Mix Kratos' magic with his unearthly rage and infinite anger and you are in for one hell of a fucking fight!

I really can't decide........
I think this will help you decide.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=65s3dMKzMqc
Old 05-24-2007, 08:51 PM

It's nothing that I havnt seen before (taken from level 2 or 3 of the original DMC if my memory serves me correctly). Dante may have harnessed the power of Alister(and Ifrit later in the game), but Kratos did kick the shit out of the Aries (aka the god of war).

Sorry dude, but this video doesn't narrow down the fight between Dante and Kratos at all.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:54 PM
Tonight's the nght.

Quote:
It's nothing that I havnt seen before (taken from level 2 or 3 of the original DMC if my memory serves me correctly). Dante may have harnessed the power of Alister(and Ifrit later in the game), but Kratos did kick the shit out of the Aries (aka the god of war).

Sorry dude, but this video doesn't narrow down the fight between Dante and Kratos at all.
You do realize he schooled mundas(satan) ass 3 times right?So their pretty equal i guess.I don't know,that would be a good fight.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:06 PM

True, Dante did knock seven shades of satanic goodness out of Mundas' sorry ass. One way or another it would be a hell of a fucking fight!
Old 05-24-2007, 09:15 PM
Tonight's the nght.

This is cool.http://youtube.com/watch?v=oskw8aGIFk0
Old 05-24-2007, 09:36 PM

Nevan could be the most cheesy weapon in video game history (if not then it is certainly in the running for second place), but it was mighty cool.
My favourite weapon from DMC3 was the 3-handed knunchucks that you accuire from the ice-cerburres in the early stages of the game.
Devil May Cry 3 was the best in the trilogy, by far.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:38 PM
Tonight's the nght.

Quote:
Nevan could be the most cheesy weapon in video game history (if not then it is certainly in the running for second place), but it was mighty cool.
My favourite weapon from DMC3 was the 3-handed knunchucks that you accuire from the ice-cerburres in the early stages of the game.
Devil May Cry 3 was the best in the trilogy, by far.
I agree.Devil may cry 4 can only get better.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:51 PM

I've heard that you don't get to play as Dante in DMC4, instead you play as Vergil. If this is true then it will put a major downer on the game, because Dante has been the lifeblood of this series since DMC1.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:54 PM
Tonight's the nght.

Quote:
I've heard that you don't get to play as Dante in DMC4, instead you play as Vergil. If this is true then it will put a major downer on the game, because Dante has been the lifeblood of this series since DMC1.
No,you play as Nero.Dante is playable in the game though.I think he's the main villian.