Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

View Poll Results: Who wins in the end?
Zombies 4 30.77%
Werewolves 5 38.46%
Vampires 4 30.77%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-04-2013, 03:14 PM
ventricle

Vampires. Mind over brawn every time.

Just because vampires can't go into the sunlight, doesn't mean they can't protect themselves during the day in their own defensive bunkers. Assuming vamps have to sleep, they just setup shifts. Any defenses humans have today, the vampires would have. Defensive positions usually have the advantage over the attacker.

As far as 'human blood' goes, depends on what "rules" you want to setup. If the vampires are alive now, you have to assume they have a supply -- it's either synthesized blood producing machines, or they slowly drain blood from captured werewolves. Of course bodies produce new blood cells, and vamps only drain enough to keep everyone alive.

Zombies vs vampires - vampires have all kinds of guns.

Werewolves vs vampires - vampires have silver tipped bullets in their semi-automatic weapons. Plus when human werewolves change into werewolves, it's generally accepted their intelligence is greatly diminished. Vampires with body amour, nightvision, silver-bullet semi-automatic weapons combined with human intelligence would have a huge advantage.

Vamps wouldn't even need it, but V also accepts vamps have the power to turn into fog. A weaponless vamp could be surrounded by 20 werewolves, and simple turn into fog and escape.

Last edited by Sculpt; 09-06-2013 at 11:50 AM.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:41 PM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdealblues View Post
I think you gave the vamps an unfair advantage there.
Not taking any sides here. I am being completely impartial. Notice that I pointed out more vulnerabilities for vampires than for the other two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Vamps wouldn't even need it, but V also gives vamps the power to turn into fog. A weaponless vamp could be surrounded by 20 werewolves, and simple turn into fog and escape.
I am not giving anyone anything - just going by the folklore and the facts established by fiction and celluloid.

--------------------------------------------------------

Consider a few scenarios -

A huge crowd of zombies, like for example in millions, can definitely overwhelm even a pack of werewolves. The werewolves will simply keep fighting (they are mindless killing machines, much like the Aliens) until they are overwhelmed, but they have nowhere to go. They have no means to escape (do they want to escape from a fight anyway?)
The werewolf (or werewolves) can fight hundreds, maybe thousands of zombies, but millions? Eventually they will be overwhelmed.

But the vampire can turn into mist, a swarm of rats, a bat, plus it has the power of mass hypnosis as well. Thing is, does hypnosis work on zombies? They are brain dead, after all.
So, in the end, if nothing works, the vampire will transform into a bat and simply fly away. +1 to the vampire here.

One more thing. Anyone who has read the Dracula novel will know this - vampires don't keep their bodies in easy-to-reach crypts for people to simply walk in with stakes or swords (like they incorrectly showed in many films, specially the Hammer ones). The Count himself had to traverse the walls of his castle to reach the hitherto (unreachable) place. Jonathan Harker nearly died going through the same route to reach the vampire's lair.

The werewolf could be equally cunning/smart when out of transformation, but vulnerable as hell in it's human form. The vampire isn't human at any part of it's undead cycle (it's vulnerable in it's napping time in it's tomb but not human), something which the werewolves and zombies can't shake off. But yes, it is susceptible to being decapitated by a werewolf (or a super-strong zombie) but unless you pour garlic into it's severed head, it won't die.

I guess the argument here would be this - who will be the first in figuring out the other's vulnerability? Will the werewolves know that staking a vampire will stop it? Will the vampires know that werewolves are susceptible to silver bullets?

Taking nothing away from the zombies here. A million zombies are more than a handful any day - even over a pack of werewolves or a coven of vampires.

So many points to ponder here.

Last edited by _____V_____; 09-04-2013 at 10:44 PM.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:30 AM
For Vendetta

What would happen if a werewolf bit a zombie?

Will the bite affect the putrified blood in the dry veins of the undead abomination? If yes, will the zombie turn into a zombwolf during full moon?
Old 09-06-2013, 06:17 AM
HDC's old chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post

Will the bite affect the putrified blood in the dry veins of the undead abomination? If yes, will the zombie turn into a zombwolf during full moon?
I don't think a werewolf WOULD bite a zombie, it's not fresh blood.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:30 AM
Horror Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerfan View Post
I don't want to live in a world where werewolves are made to hunt zombies.

Old 09-06-2013, 08:35 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post

Now that's something I'd like to see. (From a safe distance...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerfan View Post
Does it have to be fresh blood for werewolves..? Just thinking that in the wild, wolves are scavengers as well as hunters.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:35 AM
Sometimes dead is better

I voted for vampires because I figure one they are likely to have a lot of experience because they have probably lived a long while and they also have the "brains" so to speak.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:37 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by metternich1815 View Post
I voted for vampires because I figure one they are likely to have a lot of experience because they have probably lived a long while and they also have the "brains" so to speak.
And we all know what zombies love to eat :-D
Old 09-06-2013, 11:02 AM
Evil Dead

I think zombies would eventually win, but it would take a long time.

1. Zombies vs. werewolves:

Werewolves don't hunt and kill for self defense, they do so for carnal reasons, and I can't see them hunting zombies. Zombies, on the other hand are just looking to kill the living, and werewolves are living. Werewolf brain might be just as good as human brain to a zombie. I believe a zombie bite on a werewolf would infect the werewolf and cause it to become a zombie. However, werewolves are essentially humans for most of the time, so they will be aware of the need for self-defense and survive a long time. It's actually when they become werewolves that they would be most susceptible due to their lack of lucidity. They are also susceptible while in human form, just like any other human.

So, zombies beat werewolves.

3. Zombies vs. vampires:

Vampires would also be aware of the need for self-defense, and would survive a long time. It's questionable whether zombies would hunt vampires because vampires are already dead, however, I believe a vampire brain would be edible, if not delicious, to a zombie. Even if it isn't edible, I believe a zombie would be attracted to blindly killing vampires because vampires appear to be living humans. I know that a vampire is supposed to get a stake through the heart to be killed, but wouldn't cracking their head open and eating their brains also do the trick?

The vampires' Achilles heel is that they can't go out in the daylight, and need to sleep during the day. This would leave them susceptible to both zombies and werewolves. Vampires would have success against the zombies at night, but would slowly be killed in their own coffins during the day.

So, zombies beat vampires.

2. Vampires vs. werewolves:

Werewolves might hunt vampires, depending on whether or not killing a vampire would satisfy their carnal desire, however I'd be surprised if biting an undead vampire would turn the vampire into a werewolf. On the other hand, I would vote that a vampire could turn a werewolf into a vampire since it involves essentially killing the living being and turning them into the undead. A vampire would be attracted to the werewolf's blood, since it's a living being, especially when the werewolf is in human form. So, I believe the vampire "monster" has an edge over the werewolf "monster." However, the key in this fight is that both vampires and werewolves have human minds (at least most of the time) and would understand that they are at war with each other. I think it's a wash -- essentially human vs. human.

So, vampires vs werewolves is a toss-up, and simply deplete each other's numbers.

In short, I believe zombies slowly beat both vampires and werewolves.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:56 AM
ventricle

Gigan got me thinking...

What if a zombie infected a all the ant colonies of the world? What if vampires infect mosquitoes? What if a werewolf infected a Blue whale?