Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-29-2005, 08:57 AM
Smack My Titties

The original version is definitive - the 30th anniversary release (in the UK at least) added on the aforementioned "burial" footage with the same actor in the role as the opening zombie, but this and other "new" scenes in this version were shot three decades after the original film by co-writer John A Russo and spliced in.

The result was always going to be desperate, with Bill Hinzman looking ridiculous in trying to look 30 years younger as the graveyard-zombie and all the "new" stuff looking and sounding terribly out of place.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:11 AM
Backyard Waterfall

I saw the "new" version with the added "new" scenes ("Directed by John Russo") once, a few years ago. It was interesting for a laugh, and I had fun watching it (I like the priest and his dog named "Mushu"--c'mon, it's funny in a totally weird way).

It does bother me, however, that people have been confused into thinking that the "new" version has anything to do with the actual film in its original cut. Those scenes were photographed and added nearly 30 (count 'em!) YEARS LATER, folks! By another director entirely!

The original edit was the film that scared the bejesus out of so many people. See the MILENNIUM EDITION of NOTLD, in the metallic red case--it's been THXed, it looks and sounds better than it ever did, and it's a classic horror movie that's worth your time and money. It's also got enough special additional features to choke a couple of horses! I'll get down offa my soapbox now. Thank you! I know I'm sayin' a bunch of stuff that has already been posted by other people. But I wanted to reiterate, just because reading this thread in the morning makes my skin crawl. Time for oakmeal!

Last edited by filmmaker2; 12-02-2005 at 06:15 AM.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:33 PM
Living Dead

I finally saw NOTLD

Yeah that movie was wicked.I also have the cut version.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:20 PM
Undead

My version is by a company called Madacy Entertainment. There are no special features or anything extra, but it was $5 brand new, which was perfect. I also have another copy of NOTLD which is part of my boxed set of 50 classic horror movies. it's the same original version as the Madacy Entertainment one.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:25 PM
Everyone is a bum.

Quote:
Originally posted by filmmaker2
I saw the "new" version with the added "new" scenes ("Directed by John Russo") once, a few years ago. It was interesting for a laugh, and I had fun watching it (I like the priest and his dog named "Mushu"--c'mon, it's funny in a totally weird way).

It does bother me, however, that people have been confused into thinking that the "new" version has anything to do with the actual film in its original cut. Those scenes were photographed and added nearly 30 (count 'em!) YEARS LATER, folks! By another director entirely!

The original edit was the film that scared the bejesus out of so many people. See the MILENNIUM EDITION of NOTLD, in the metallic red case--it's been THXed, it looks and sounds better than it ever did, and it's a classic horror movie that's worth your time and money. It's also got enough special additional features to choke a couple of horses! I'll get down offa my soapbox now. Thank you! I know I'm sayin' a bunch of stuff that has already been posted by other people. But I wanted to reiterate, just because reading this thread in the morning makes my skin crawl. Time for oakmeal!
what he said. lol these people really know how to make a romero fan want to kill himself
Old 12-29-2005, 05:07 PM

Send a message via ICQ to AmericanManiac Send a message via AIM to AmericanManiac Send a message via Skype™ to AmericanManiac
Quote:
Originally posted by RavageRitual
lol, yea I know pretty dumb, but come on its an old movie. I have the NOTLD in black box with red writing and a short desciption on the back, I think its the original box, its really old. Anyone else have this box?
Thats the one I have paid $5.99 brand new, Can't beat that price !
Old 12-29-2005, 09:17 PM
GRAVE DANCER

Quote:
Originally posted by AmericanManiac
Thats the one I have paid $5.99 brand new, Can't beat that price !
Wow brand new, your really lucky. Mines a little ruffed up. I deffinatly think its the original box. I actually have 7 Notld in my collection, this one is by far my favorite.
Like the others from the past
The naked belly, full of cysts
Smells so good, I cant resist
I know inside this ones the best
As I eat the rotting chest
Old 01-18-2006, 04:28 AM
Hellraiser

I really thought the footage in the anniversary version was unnecessary and a little obnoxious. The only interesting thing about it was the immunity to zombie-ism that the Preacher had, might have been cool to have this explored further throughout the quartet.
Old 01-18-2006, 02:16 PM
Backyard Waterfall

If they made a T-shirt that said

"SPIKE the dead!!"

I would wear it, just to be stupid.

or even

"This is my dawg Moo-Shoo!"
Old 01-29-2006, 06:13 AM
The Queen of Swords

Send a message via AIM to Haunted
Quote:
Originally posted by alkytrio666
I watched NOTLD today too. But for the, like, tenth time. Great movie, but Barbra still pisses the fuck out of me.

I realized, also, today that I have a cut version, which blows. I noticed the whole opening scene with the guys burying the "first zombie" is cut from my version. Fuck that. Anyone know of any good copies of this film?
Yeah, I think that everyone who's seen NOTLD, anniversary or not, wants to smack Barb up side her blonde noggin. I think that I could honestly say that I would not leave my brother, unconscious in a grave yard, with some old fucker lurching around. We'll give Barb a resounding, "Pussy!" cheer.