Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-11-2005, 09:19 PM
Misanthrope

I've heard mixed reviews on this..... I'll have to check it out when it comes out over here. I heard from a bunch of people Saw was shit but I watched it a couple of nights ago and fucking loved it easily one of the best Hollywood films in a long time.
Old 06-11-2005, 09:24 PM
The Dork Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis_Christ
I've heard mixed reviews on this..... I'll have to check it out when it comes out over here. I heard from a bunch of people Saw was shit but I watched it a couple of nights ago and fucking loved it easily one of the best Hollywood films in a long time.

Saw is kinda one of those love it or hate it movies, on the other hand Boogeyman is just an all around piece of trash. I know you're still going to watch it because you never really know unless you see for yourself, for example as I mentioned before in the thread a critic referred to it as ''the scariest movie ever'' but trust me there's at least a 95% chance you're going to want to shoot someone when it's over.
Old 06-11-2005, 09:29 PM
Misanthrope

Yeh I guess I'll have to check it out for myself to see. I'm not real big on ghost stories so it's got a high probability of annoying the fuck out of me. That said I really enjoyed the american remake of The Grudge (much to my suprise) very cool ghost story.
Old 06-12-2005, 01:00 AM
Death by sexy

Send a message via MSN to Marroe Send a message via Yahoo to Marroe
I saw it in the theatre....No way I'd spend anymore money on it but I'd say go ahead and rent it it you haven't seen it. Of course it has it's cheesiness. but what recent horror doesn't? To me it was done kinda cheesy 80's style, which I liked.:)

Oh ,and for the record darkness did suck, and I really hope you're joking about Fear Dot Com
Old 06-13-2005, 10:23 AM
BH14

I liked Saw and the Grudge..... but i cant see anyone liking Boogeyman. Check it out if you wanna laugh. This type of movie is the reason why i havent been to the theatres in 6 months. If I spent $20 bucks on movie tickets and popcorn, I would really be pissed off.

I saw Fear Dot Com 8 times... I dont see what the fuss was all about. It rules!!!!

ht tp://www.chasingthefrog.com/catalog/my_movies.php?username=sirbflo114

Last edited by BH14; 06-13-2005 at 10:26 AM.
Old 06-13-2005, 11:49 AM
Undead

I actually really liked Boogeyman. I thought the atmosphere was fantastic. While the plot may have left a little to be desired, I honestly believe it was worth renting for the cool, creepy feel to it.

"Unpleasant dreams..." ~Elvira
Old 06-13-2005, 06:20 PM
The Dork Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by Macabre_Maiden
I actually really liked Boogeyman. I thought the atmosphere was fantastic. While the plot may have left a little to be desired, I honestly believe it was worth renting for the cool, creepy feel to it.

It's just my opinion but a movie has to do more than just feel creepy, I can go to my in-laws' house and feel creepy for free.
Old 06-14-2005, 01:08 AM
My little brothers

Re: Dont Rent Boogeyman!!

Quote:
Originally posted by BH14
I rented this movie last night and I remember people bashed it when it came out at the theatres.... I wanted to give it a shot because the producers made the grudge and that was ok. What a piece of crap movie!

CONTAINS SPOILERS:
The only thing that was good about it was the dead mother and after that, it was horrible and so bad that i found myself laughing more. Story was so bad that the movie had to try to have lot of pop ups to try to scare people rather than build tension. They must have ran out of ideas so they went with closet doors that would lead to other places. I have no idea why. 7th Heaven actor was bad too because even after 15 years after his father was gone, he was still in a daze by that and didnt even try to act like normal. He should go back to the movie where he and other guys got dressed up girls in sorority bc that movie ruled compared to this. Just when you think the movie cant get worst, the ending is hilarious. The Scary Movie 2 ghost in the wheelchair looked more frightening than this Boogeyman ghost. This boogeyman ghost looked like a cartoon. Who the hell designed this ghost?! And the way to defeat the Boogeyman was to count to 6 and break some stupid objects. Lame. The ALT ending atleast reminded me of twister and was just as bad. Im pissed and want my $3.79 back. Avoid this movie at all cost.

I havent seen a good horror movie in a while... Are there any new horror movies that came out on DVD in the past 6 months?

I sort of expected the movie to be crap owing to the simple fact that it is only a PG-13. To my mind, there has not been a good PG-13 horror movie yet.

"Seeing a murder on television... can help work off one's antagonisms. And if you haven't any antagonisms, the commercials will give you some."
Old 06-14-2005, 07:46 AM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally posted by Macabre_Maiden
Great avator :cool: I love Elvira!