Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-04-2010, 12:19 PM
Legion who ?

Come on, evil, demonic, possession. You cant leave out "The exorcism of Emily Rose" one of the best if not the best modern horror flick made that deals with the devil himself. "An American Haunting" is pretty good too but I dont really like the plot twist. Neither of them really fall into the category of the ring but as far as the scare factor they are on par if not above.

Ok, An American Haunting might not be on par but for a commercial film its still worth watching.

Last edited by dub2001; 04-04-2010 at 12:28 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:37 PM
Misanthrope

I thought The Exorcism of Emily Rose was terrible myself. It just didn't do much for me. I caught An American Haunting on TV and didn't mind it. Amityville II is my favorite haunting flick.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:41 PM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
Couldn't stand either of those. Haunting in Connecticut was a lot better than either of them. Stronger imagery, more at risk, just all around superior in my opinion. For a recommendation, I'd like to give Godzilla, Mothra King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All Out Attack. It's a more modern Godzilla movie that goes back to the tradition of showing collateral damage. Godzilla is a giant, radioactive sadist again and you can see the consequences of everything. It seems sort of pro-military/industrial at times, which I don't think Honda would have agreed with, but it's still a great Godzilla entry that gives the character back some of the edge he had in Gojira.