Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-07-2015, 01:02 AM
Evil Dead

i wonder if there are any horror franchises that are actually entirely creditible. i.e you can look at every film in it and say yep they're all good
Old 10-07-2015, 04:14 AM
Evil Dead

I guess that's really up to you. There are a few franchises where I like every entry.
Old 10-11-2015, 02:22 PM
Hellraiser

I liked the remake, but I thought this one was terrible. Every other guy wanted a piece of her, was just so unbelievable, I hated it, only thing worth watching about it was the murders.

2/10
Old 10-11-2015, 03:06 PM
Banned

I didn't even know there was a part 3. The only thing I liked better about the remake was the revenge kills. The rape scenes in the original version were more realistic and had more of an impact on my emotions for the character. The remake and sequel were just boring to me like some guys were sitting around trying to think of a cool movie to remake and it really didn't offer anything new and neither id the 2nd film. I will be skipping this one.
Old 10-11-2015, 10:23 PM
Evil Dead

It was pretty tame compared to the other two in the remake franchise, mainly because it was more of a revenge thriller than a rape/revenge exploitation film. The original rape is alluded to with quick flashbacks, but the viewer isn't forced to suffer through it. Other atrocities, like the teenage girl's, are told through exposition.

Having said that, as long as you're not expecting the uncomfortable viewing the franchise is known for, I actually enjoyed it, maybe a little more than the first two. It's not constrained by the ultra-bare bones plot of the predecessors, and tackles much different psychological territory. There might even be a twist thrown in, but I'm not sayin nothing.

Yes it's a little cheap, some of the acting is uneven, and many of the characters are cardboard caricatures, but I found it enjoyable. If I did half points, I'd give it 6.5/10, but I don't, so 7/10.

Old 10-21-2015, 10:22 AM
GRAVE DANCER

This was my favorite of the series. I agree with many of you..lots could have been better about it that's for sure, but I could say that about most films. Highlighting the strong points in this one make you realize how great this one was.

Being the third installment we kind of know what to expect from a ISOYG film, but they gave a twist to the story that was needed, and I have got to say I loved the idea. This is one bad ass chick and I love her!

The justice is so real and it gives you a great feeling! Its not overly bloody and gory like I like but it is brutal! The sledgehammer scene had me squirming in my seat. That doesnt happen very often.

Like the others from the past
The naked belly, full of cysts
Smells so good, I cant resist
I know inside this ones the best
As I eat the rotting chest

Last edited by RavageRitual; 10-21-2015 at 03:06 PM.