Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-14-2008, 03:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posher778 View Post
That was rather intricate. So, while you are in fact trying to do something "positive" for the forum, you are also, in fact, the noob, because you just joined and barely know anyone here or how things work. That said, when finished, this thread will seldom be used, particularly by new people, because noobs always start their own thread, despite the fact that a big ass "THIS THREAD IS ABOUT THE MOVIE YOU'RE POSTING ABOUT" could be right there for them to see. At any rate, have fun posting... whatever it is you're doing.
Hey, I'm active on about 12 forums(plus my own forum) besides this one(6 film and 6 art) and am a lifer and top poster on several of them. So nOOb hardly is an accurate description of me(except here). They're all the same, just different topics. And I don't throw my weight around on them. What's the point?

As far as what a new member will or will not do, at least if they don't read these before posting a thread, you'll have a legitimate gripe. As far as some jealousy aspect(which I'm smelling here), I'll be more than happy to turn these threads over to anyone of you lords of the manor, upon completion. Even let you have authorship. Bask in the glory(:ppshaw). Scuttle the originals if you want. Then YOU can maintain them. But for the time being, let's git er done.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:34 PM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
It looks pretty useful, actually. I hate having to use the search thing and nobody ever thinks to. So, instead of forcing people to use the neglected search button, why not actually have an index for people to find the movie they're looking for? Maybe it's kind of a Rube Goldberg solution, but it's not without merit. Is it really that fun to poke people about their thread having been posted already three years ago? If V had done this, he'd have been heartily praised, but as he did not and this "n00b" (who's been pretty damn productive and knows what he's talking about as well as actively talking about horror) did. So why not show some respect? Efficiency doesn't rock the boat and we could be a friendlier place for it.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:35 PM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Festered View Post
Hey, I'm active on about 12 forums(plus my own forum) besides this one(6 film and 6 art) and am a lifer and top poster on several of them. So nOOb hardly is an accurate description of me(except here). They're all the same, just different topics. And I don't throw my weight around on them. What's the point?

As far as what a new member will or will not do, at least if they don't read these before posting a thread, you'll have a legitimate gripe. As far as some jealousy aspect(which I'm smelling here), I'll be more than happy to turn these threads over to anyone of you lords of the manor, upon completion. Even let you have authorship. Bask in the glory(:ppshaw). Scuttle the originals if you want. Then YOU can maintain them. But for the time being, let's git er done.
Not exactly sure what i'm jealous about...

I don't need a "legitimate" gripe. I can do just fine without one. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 10-14-2008, 03:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Faustus View Post
It looks pretty useful, actually.

Thanks, I've pretty much finished Classic and Asian section collation, and plan to head into the Modern category tomorrow. There are approximately 700 pages of threads to pour thru. Once I have the Modern category finished, I'll start moving errant threads to the proper category(would probably be wise to alert a mod, so they can move the thread where it belongs, now, while it's easy to find). General Discussion looks fairly easy, as there usually are only 2 or 3 films per page. Unfortunately, there's 500+ pages.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:39 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Well, rather than wasting my time waiting for you lifers to drizzle amicability down upon my head, like urine from a gnat's pecker, or posting in idiotic threads about someone's 2 week membership anniversary, I decided to do something positive and helpful for a forum I'm growing to enjoy.
I think I love you. I was seriously scrolling through the General Forum yesterday and thinking to myself, "My this place has certainly gotten insipid recently."

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed (and to clarify I am NOT being sarcastic here).

Festered - You're one of my new favorite people. I think that this is a great exercise and that Doc's right - If someone like V had done it, he would have been EXTOLLED for his work.

I think that a "Movie Index" is a great idea - and this is a good start (how 'BOUT it, MODS... Add an index to the site?? Eh? EH???)

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 10-14-2008, 06:24 PM
Cranky

Not till it's accurate.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 10-14-2008, 06:55 PM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
I think that a "Movie Index" is a great idea - and this is a good start (how 'BOUT it, MODS... Add an index to the site?? Eh? EH???)

Mods can't add things to the site/forums sadly. That's why it's been an issue that Horror himself isn't here for us, because he's the sole person who can make changes like that. Our mods just regulate threads/bans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 10-14-2008, 07:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posher778 View Post
Mods can't add things to the site/forums sadly.
But they can sticky threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
Not till it's accurate.
Feel free to compile a list of what doesn't belong on the Classic Forum list. It will save me time, as I'll be busy with 180 pages of Modern listings, tomorrow. I'll need that list anyway, to have the threads tranferred to the correct category.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:41 PM
For Vendetta

This is a great idea, and wonderfully and efficiently done, Festered.

I am really glad someone actually thought of it and went through dozens of hundreds of pages to make such a indexed reference thread. You get a big round of applause from me for this effort.

Let me return from my vacation and I ll give you a hand in any help you need. Keep going!
Old 10-14-2008, 09:54 PM
Cranky

Quote:
But they can sticky threads.

Feel free to compile a list of what doesn't belong on the Classic Forum list. It will save me time, as I'll be busy with 180 pages of Modern listings, tomorrow. I'll need that list anyway, to have the threads tranferred to the correct category.
It's a worthy project, but not one I have time for.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff