Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-16-2007, 12:14 PM
Hellraiser

Send a message via MSN to Klinsk
Just seen The Descent. What an incredible stupid movie. They should imprison ppl for making this crap! First off, cool car accident (too bad for the lil girl), 6 woman going hiking in caves. Pretty cool storyline, until the first "monster" shows up. I mean, wtf was that all about? First of all, I know IT'S A MOVIE, but how can you possibly mutate into something like that? (presuming these creatures were once human and started generations of inbreeding). I thought it was about some cool creatures like in "The Cave" (a giant bat or pterodactyl flying piece of shit creature :D). And all of a sudden two of those woman start killing off a few of these creatures. "Oh yeah, apparently we're stronger then these creatures. I've killed 3 already. How bout you, Juno?" FFS!! *annoyed* And what was with the ending??? Sarah got out of the cave THROUGH A DIFF EXIT and he manages to trace back to the car. You should get fucking lost in those woods imo! But hey, it's movie, anything is possible, so why don't create a movie with Santa Claus turning into The Blob? What a great tearjerker that would be! THE DESCENT: 1/10 :mad:
Old 09-16-2007, 01:04 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinsk View Post
Just seen The Descent. What an incredible stupid movie. They should imprison ppl for making this crap! First off, cool car accident (too bad for the lil girl), 6 woman going hiking in caves. Pretty cool storyline, until the first "monster" shows up. I mean, wtf was that all about? First of all, I know IT'S A MOVIE, but how can you possibly mutate into something like that? (presuming these creatures were once human and started generations of inbreeding). I thought it was about some cool creatures like in "The Cave" (a giant bat or pterodactyl flying piece of shit creature :D). And all of a sudden two of those woman start killing off a few of these creatures. "Oh yeah, apparently we're stronger then these creatures. I've killed 3 already. How bout you, Juno?" FFS!! *annoyed* And what was with the ending??? Sarah got out of the cave THROUGH A DIFF EXIT and he manages to trace back to the car. You should get fucking lost in those woods imo! But hey, it's movie, anything is possible, so why don't create a movie with Santa Claus turning into The Blob? What a great tearjerker that would be! THE DESCENT: 1/10 :mad:
IMO, one of the best movies I've seen in a while. It was clever. The crawlers weren't meant to be scary on their own, it was how the dark played tricks on the climbers and also on the viewers that made it scary. Having people turn on eachother in a time of panic is also a classic theme in horror. I wouldn't have expected any less from Neil Marshall. As for the ending, make sure to see the UK ending. Find it on youtube, anywhere you can cause it was better. Lastly, the crawlers weren't spawned from inbreeding, it was evolutionary change. (Their ears growing bigger like bats to they can use ecolocation to move around etc.)

Annnywayyy, watched Resevoir Dogs this morning. Loove love love Steve Buscemi.

Last edited by missmacabre; 09-16-2007 at 01:06 PM. Reason: one more point
Old 09-16-2007, 04:59 PM
HDC Resident Serial Killa

Send a message via Yahoo to Freak
Halloween 2007

I actually enjoyed this for the most part.I really liked the whole back story into that was pretty cool.I like all the masks he made.I just didn't care much for the ending.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:51 PM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinsk View Post
Let me get this straight...you thought The Descent was stupid and The Cave was cool? Way to go...:rolleyes:
Old 09-16-2007, 08:48 PM
Crystal Lake Slasher

The Burning. Excellent slasher.

- Walter Savage Landor.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:06 AM
Atrocity Exhibition

The Omen with direcotr, writer commentary.
Army Of Darkness With Commentary.
Damie: Omen 2 with commentary.
Omen 3: The Final Conflict With Commentary.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:15 AM
Hellraiser

Send a message via MSN to Klinsk
Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
Let me get this straight...you thought The Descent was stupid and The Cave was cool? Way to go...:rolleyes:
I said I thought the creature was cool in The Cave, not the entire movie.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:16 AM
Banned

1408--i've seen worse.

Hatchet--now this is more like it. Some nice kills in this one.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:59 AM
Fear scented candle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geddy View Post
The Omen with direcotr, writer commentary.
The original? Man, who knew ARichard Donner was godamn funny? That is one of my favorite commentaries, ever.

I just watched Dead Silence again. Still really like it. Its actually more entertaining the second time through, you catch lots of hints that are practically invisible the first time around.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:10 AM
Fear scented candle

Also finished Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte. Smart, and pretty damn brutal for the day (you get up close and personal when Bruce Dern gets his hand hacked off with a cleaver, copmplete with blood and bones, not bad for b&w)