Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-08-2007, 12:19 AM
No charge for awesomeness

The St. Francisville Experiment

This was like a Blair Witch ripoff. It started with the producer telling us everything we see is real & everything we see all happened in 1 night. Neither is true and the fact that they tried to pass it off as such was annoying to say the least. 4 regular people are sent into an actual haunted house for a night of ghosthunting. This much is true, but that's about where the truth ends here. These folks see several mysterious occurances which all seem incredibly staged and then at the end they even capture some footage of "real" ghosts. As I watched this, I pretty much knew it was all a bunch of bullshit so when I finished it up, I did a little research on the film and come to find out.... I was right. Here's the scoop. The 4 people were real & the really went into the a house that is actually supposed to be haunted. The backstory about the ghosts in the house though was all total bull and the mysterious things that happened were staged by crew members operating things from a trailer parked behind the home. When the "documentary" was & 1 night stay in the home were finished though, the studio wasn't satisfied so they called all the characters in the film out to LA for some reshoots & to add some scenes, which turned out to be the most obviously staged parts of the movie. So, despite what the filmmaker said at the start, it was not all real & it didn't even all take place in 1 night.

Then when you throw in the fact that the 2 girls in the film happen to be just about the most annoying people I've ever seen in any film ever, you've got yourself one crappy movie. Steer clear of this one.

D

I'd give it an F, but the concept was decent. It was just terribly executed & there was no need to have the film maker flat out lie to us at the start of the film. That's just annoying.

Borat

Can a movie this hyped up live up to the standards being set for it? Almost. It was pretty funny throughout, but I have to question how much or how little some of the people he fucks with really know what's going on. For instance, Pam Anderson lives in Hollywood and The Ali G Show was popular before this movie was filmed so are we really supposed to believe that she had never seen or heard of Borat before? I doubt it. Some of the people really seemed genuine, others it was hard to tell.

In any event, it was pretty funny, but by no means the funniest thing I've ever seen which is what some people will tell you.

B+
Old 03-08-2007, 01:49 AM
Evil Dead

Ctiy of the living dead great movie

also Basket Case
and other great movie
Old 03-08-2007, 04:54 AM
AsteroidsDoNotConcernMe

The Vampire Bat ....got it on one of those 20 movie sets...not bad! More fun than I thought it would be, and it has a great cast.

Friend....gooooood!

Old 03-08-2007, 12:59 PM
Evil Puppy

Persona

What an experience...
Old 03-08-2007, 01:15 PM
legal eyes

Send a message via AIM to jay o2 waster
I watched Stranger Than Fiction last night and this morning. That movie was amazing
Old 03-08-2007, 02:25 PM
Evil Dead

Stranger Than Fiction was pretty good. :) Last I watched?

Dirty Love - which, y'know, ISN'T as bad as IMDb would make it seem. It is utterly terrible, and the acting could make a baby cry, but there are some geniuenly funny moments. I rarely laugh out loud at "comedies" but I laughed a few times during this. I have an odd kind of humour. I'm sorry, but bleeding from a period all along the store as a store clerk yells "clean up on aisle #" as she runs around holding super abosrbant grannie pads just makes me giggle.

I am also watching the complete series of Point Pleasant. On episode 10 of 13. One disc left! :o It's getting good. Too bad it was cancelled before these episodes aired.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:22 PM
Evil Dead

angelheart. good movie but *****SPOILER ALERT***** for a psychological thriller with a twisty ending i'd go for jacob's ladder or session 9.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:11 PM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Spiderman

9/10

I like it about 70000 times more than the second one, despite what people think. The second one it almost TOO emotional, with the money problems, love, loss of family, coping with EVERYTHING, I think it's too much. The first is just, light, some thematic stuff, but mostly plot, much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 03-08-2007, 06:14 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posher778 View Post
Spiderman

9/10

I like it about 70000 times more than the second one, despite what people think. The second one it almost TOO emotional, with the money problems, love, loss of family, coping with EVERYTHING, I think it's too much. The first is just, light, some thematic stuff, but mostly plot, much better.
My only problem with the first one is Green Goblin, otherwise I agree 100%.

IMO the Green Goblin wasnt a great villain to begin with. Making him look like a rejected power ranger villain sure didnt help either.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:21 PM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Return View Post
My only problem with the first one is Green Goblin, otherwise I agree 100%.

IMO the Green Goblin wasnt a great villain to begin with. Making him look like a rejected power ranger villain sure didnt help either.
I don't care much for him either. He isn't the worst thing to ever happen to cinema or anything, and his ties to spiderman were cool, but he does look very childish. He has some very cool weaponry, like the razor disc bomb he uses in the burning building, etc.

The movie is literally defined by the "drop" scene. It keeps you in suspense even after seeing it so many times, although it's kinda unreal, how she falls and hangs onto that tram...

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real