Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-14-2008, 07:18 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
Need For Speed Most Wanted
upgrading cars is always a blast,

Tony Hawks proving grounds
im a huge fan of the series, and this is my favorite so far. There are literally over 100 events to complete throughout the game. its huge. The map is way bigger, and this one allows you to edit the map itself, mid gameplay, during missions, whenever. having trouble getting over something? edit the map, place a kicker somewhere, or rig up some rails to get yourself around something. Brilliant feature that makes the game rely on problem solving as much as skill.

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 08-16-2008, 04:39 PM
Fear scented candle

Just finished Mechwarrior 3. Great game, but the ending was a bit flat. Turns out the final "Elite" team i went up against becomes significantly less elite when you hammer them with clusters of 40 missiles from long range (2 lrm 20s for those of you who are Battletech savvy). The final battle lasted about 90 seconds.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:29 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodstok View Post
Just finished Mechwarrior 3. Great game, but the ending was a bit flat. Turns out the final "Elite" team i went up against becomes significantly less elite when you hammer them with clusters of 40 missiles from long range (2 lrm 20s for those of you who are Battletech savvy). The final battle lasted about 90 seconds.
I hate it when I beat games too easily. I built up my character on Oblivion so much that i completely destroyed the last boss. 200 hours playing time for something so anti climactic. same deal with Mass Effect except not as much playing time.

Old 08-18-2008, 05:30 PM
Evil Dead

Crackdown

A bit of a short ending...and game. I'll probably get all the DLC and play it some more at some point.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:57 PM
Fear scented candle

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mothman View Post
I hate it when I beat games too easily. I built up my character on Oblivion so much that i completely destroyed the last boss. 200 hours playing time for something so anti climactic. same deal with Mass Effect except not as much playing time.
I know, and MW3 was from the days where the end of the game was a box with rolling credits... Not even the severed bunny head from DOOM.

Bioshock has one of the best endings ever. Ties thing sup in a neat little bow and gives you a feeling of closure, not to mention impact.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:39 PM
Evil Dead

Also too easy though. The respawning method makes you practically invincible, possibly if the boss regenerated health it would have been a little harder, but I beat him in about a minute and a half. Story-wise it was good, but it was too easy.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:02 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mothman View Post
Also too easy though. The respawning method makes you practically invincible, possibly if the boss regenerated health it would have been a little harder, but I beat him in about a minute and a half. Story-wise it was good, but it was too easy.
Way too easy. I never even got to see what happened if you die. I played through on Normal, and never even came close to being killed.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:05 PM
Evil Dead

Yeah way too easy. But still a greater game than most games comming out currently...
Old 09-20-2008, 07:39 PM
HDC Idol

Just beat Condemned: Criminal Origins.

Good horror video game, amazing graphics, and a nice creepy little investigative story.

Definitely scarier than the second Condemned (Condemned II: Bloodshot), though I thought that the second game was an overall better gaming experience.

That being said, Condemned: Criminal Origins is a solid game and I highly recommend it for horror gaming fans.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 09-23-2008, 08:33 AM
Evil Dead

Prey

This was a very interesting, if sometimes odd and vomit inducing game. The gravity will really get to you in the first few levels.

There were a lot of things in this game that just made you go, "Wow!".

The graphics (minus the people) are amazing.

I'll play this one again to get the last Achievement.

Be sure to continue watching after the credits!!!