Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 07:44 PM
For Vendetta

Warner Home Video releasing "Twisted Terror Collection" in September

Warner Home Video has announced the Twisted Terror Collection, which includes :-
  • Wes Craven's Deadly Friend,
  • Dr. Giggles,
  • Eyes of a Stranger,
  • From Beyond the Grave,
  • Oliver Stone's The Hand, and
  • John Carpenter's Someone's Watching Me.

The six-disc package will be available to own from the 25th September, and should retail at around only $49.92.

Titles will also be available separately for around $14.97 per.

You can view the cover of the box-set, as well as all the individual covers, here.

After Dark bumps "Skinwalkers" release to August

After Dark Films made a smart move in bumping the release of Stan Winston's Skinwalkers, which was slated to open against Columbia Pictures I Know Who Killed Me and 20th Century Fox's The Simpson's Movie.

Now the film will open on August 10, two weeks later than originally planned.

Skinwalkers is about a 12-year-old boy who suddenly finds himself at the center of a battle between two warring groups of werewolves. One group of werewolves is sworn to protect him, the other group is trying to kill him -- and the young boy's mother has to find out why her son is at the center of the conflict before time runs out.

"Pulse" sequels being shot back-to-back for straight to video release

It was revealed back in February that Dimension Films was planning two sequels to their box office disaster Pulse, which was one of the worst horror films in the past two years.

Both films were said to go straight to video without any of the stars of the remake returning.

The sequels begin lensing in Shreveport, Louisiana this September.

Joel Soisson with both write and direct both sequels to PULSE. He most recently directed Buried, The Prophecy: Forsaken and The Prophecy: Uprising for Dimension. He also produced Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, A Nightmare on Elm Street 2, Feast, Dracula 2000, Phantoms among countless others.

The first sequel is titled PULSE: AFTERLIFE. The synopsis :-

The world has been reshaped by the invasion of ghosts via the wireless internet. Cities are deserted, technology has been destroyed and the few remaining human beings eschew anything electrical in order to avoid a confrontation with the soulless ghosts that now wander the planet. Most of the ghosts are doomed to a repetitive loop of something they did while they were still despairing humans (a man repeatedly hangs himself, for example), but there are some ghosts so locked in denial, they do not know they are dead. They continue to haunt their homes, wrapped in fear that their souls will soon be torn from them.

The second sequel is titled PULSE: INVASION. It's synopsis :-

It is now seven years later and the survivors on Earth have settled into a primitive lifestyle completely void of electronics. The clusters of human survivors live together in refugee camps as the phantoms have taken over the cities. Justine is now a teenager and she escapes to the city to try and make a life for herself where she is not a drain on her adopted family (her parents both became phantoms in part one). She heads in to the city at the urging of Adam, a seeming survivor in the city that lures her with promises of understanding and friendship.

Universal finalises "Mummy 3" casting

Alex Pettyfer (Wild Child), John Hannah (The Mummy, The Mummy Returns), Anthony Wong (Matrix Reloaded, Matrix Revolutions) and Isabella Leong (The Eye 10) will round out the cast for Universal Pictures' The Mummy 3: Curse of the Dragon.

They join Luke Ford, Brendan Fraser, Jet Li, Michelle Yeoh and Maria Bello in the film, which is now in production through November in Montreal and China.

It is known that the action is set in China, with Li's story beginning in ancient times before moving to a post-World War II setting. It is also known that one sequence involves the famous terra-cotta warriors, the collection of 6,000 men and their horses that were originally constructed to protect the tomb of an emperor.

National Lampoon bringing "Beach Party at the Threshold of Hell"

National Lampoon has acquired theatrical and home video rights to International Danger Alliance's post-apocalyptic comedy Beach Party at the Threshold of Hell, which played at this month's HorrorHound Weekend in Indianapolis to an extremely happy crowd.

The film, which premiered at last year's Los Angeles Film Festival, is set 20 years in the future after the fall of the U.S.

It was written by and stars Kevin Wheatley, who also co-directed with Jonny Gillette.

The film will be released under the title "National Lampoon Presents Beach Party at the Threshold of Hell" in the fall through National Lampoon Releasing and will be distributed to home video in the first quarter of 2008 through National Lampoon Home Entertainment.

(References - dvdactive.com, variety.com, bloody-disgusting.com, myspace.com, youtube.com, amazon.com, hollywoodreporter.com, moviehole.net, aintitcool.com, reuters.com)
Old 07-21-2007, 04:58 AM
Crystal Lake Slasher

The trailer for the 3rd Mother film by Argento looks awesome! I can't wait for it's release now!!

- Walter Savage Landor.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:05 AM
Payback's a Bitch

Send a message via AIM to GorePhobia Send a message via Yahoo to GorePhobia
I wanna say V is the man for doing what he does for this forum and I wanna say congrats to Rod who makes me want to come out to LA more and more.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:46 AM
For Vendetta

Hey thanks, Gore. I m just doing my part.:)
Old 07-24-2007, 08:00 AM
For Vendetta

Details of "Troll" remake from director

Writer-director John Carl Buechler dropped a few quick notes on his upcoming remake of TROLL, starting with his goals on improving upon the first film, "Finally I'm getting the opportunity to do it right this time. The term 'family friendly' should not be missunderstood. Please understand that this vision of the movie will be DARK, and edgy with a sweeping scope reminescent of Lord of the Rings. NOT CAMPY."

One of the main things was the FX, which he explains "will be over-the-top and outrageous." And in response to many of the blogs he's read he writes, "Many are concerned that the effects will be the thin CGI/video game style. This will not be the case," he explains, "While we will employ the latest in CGI, we will also utilize a great many live-action effects."

You want a taste of what you'll see in TROLL? Then all you have to do is check out Adam Green's HATCHET this September, which Buechler created the FX for. "I am devoted to the best in live action physical effects," he tells.

He also explains that the characters are deeper and more fleshed out, which is an important step in making a good film.

The film is about a young boy enters a parallel world of wizards and magic where he befriends a good witch. Soon the boy learns that he must save the world from an evil Troll/Wizard that has the ability to hide his essence within the bodies of others.

TROLL begins lensing this September.

Disney re-making its classic "Witch Mountain"

Andy Fickman is coming on board to direct "Witch Mountain," Walt Disney Pictures' modern re-imagining of its classic 1975 adventure movie "Escape to Witch Mountain."

Disney-based Andrew Gunn is producing via his Gunn Films banner.

The 1975 film was based on a science fiction novel by Alexander Key and followed a pair of siblings, endowed with paranormal powers, who go on the run from a diabolical group of men who wish to exploit their abilities. The brother and sister turn out to be extraterrestrials.

The movie hatched a sequel, "Return to Witch Mountain," best remembered for having Bette Davis and Christopher Lee in the cast, as well as a made-for-TV movie "Beyond to Witch Mountain" that was to have been a pilot for a TV series.

Gunn Films' Ann Marie Sanderlin is exec producing. Brigham Taylor and Casey Wolfe are overseeing for Disney.

"Mountain" is a high priority at the company and Fickman's involvement kicks it into gear.

Fickman is quickly making Disney his new home. He directed the studio's upcoming family comedy "The Game Plan," starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, and recently set up the family comedy "Pool Rats," which is a semiautobiographical story inspired by Fickman's youth.

"Spawn" remake explained by McFarlane

McFarlane explains with some really interesting comments, "Right, I'd call this more of a suspense thriller. I'm going to use a big example which may seem sort of loopy, but to me it's closer to "Jaws" in that — and this is one of the problems that some of the studios had — Spawn won't talk. He's just a being in this movie — which again, some people may find odd — but, you know, Jaws didn't talk a hell of a lot in his movie either. But you knew that when he came out, something was going to happen. You know what I mean? You've made the presence known enough that nothing good was going to come of his presence being there.

So it's sort of the same concept. I'm not going for Freddy Krueger horror and I'm not going for Spider-Man action superhero. I'm not even going for a guy who's going to sit there and talk. You're never actually ever going to see him in his cape or costume in any kind of direct light. It's just going to be this thing that's just going to come, and if it's there then buddy, you're going to have a bad day."

You can read the entire interview here.

Warner Bros bringing DC's Horror-Western Jonah Hex

Warner Bros. Pictures is saddling up to bring DC Comics' Western anti-hero comic book "Jonah Hex" to the big screen, with filmmakers Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor on board to adapt.

Andrew Lazar is producing via his Mad Chance Prods., as is Akiva Goldsman.

Hex, known for having the right side of his face disfigured and wearing a Confederate army uniform, was a rough-and-tumble gunslinger and part-time bounty hunter whose adventures always ended in blood.

"Hex" first appeared in the early 1970s in the issues of "All-Star Western" before graduating to his own series in 1977 that ran for about 10 years. A new series was launched in 2005. The character also had a run in the 1990s that combined the Western genre with supernatural elements.

The filmmakers are not making a straight-ahead Western but plan to develop the character with some of the supernatural overtones in the hopes of creating a franchise.

Greg Silverman and Elisha Holmes are overseeing for Warners. Gregory Noveck is overseeing for DC.

(References - bloody-disgusting.com, hollywoodreporter.com, variety.com, moviehole.net, mtv.com)

Last edited by _____V_____; 07-24-2007 at 08:03 AM.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:15 AM
For Vendetta

Babysitter Twins talk about possibilities of "Grindhouse 2"

Even with the box office flop of Dimension Films' Grindhouse, star Danny Trejo has been talking very highly about the possibilities of a sequel starring his character featured in one of the faux trailers, "Machete", which would be directed by Robert Rodriguez. Since then there hasn't been a peep, until now.

On the sets of The Black Waters of Echo's Pond, the Babysitter twins (Electra & Elise Avellan) were on hand and had something quite interesting to say. When asked about Machete, Elise and Electra talked over each other, "Robert [Rodriguez] said he’d do it [Machete] and asked for us to be in it," they explain, "Robert wants to do GRINDHOUSE 2 with [the two films being] "Machete" and "The Babysitter Twins."

The news sounds exciting, but now Rodriguez is busy with BARBARELLA and such, the twins don't know how soon something official is released.

Although nothing is confirmed as to what will happen with GRINDHOUSE 2, the girls still know what their story would be about, assuming it's one of the next two films, "Robert mentioned something about the end of the world and Hollywood action films, where we’d be trained in Mexico to come back here and fight," Electra states. Elise then elaborates, "Hollywood starts fucking with us so we start killing… we [would] kill Harvey Weinstein in the movie, although that’s just talk now right," she clarifies.

Official poster for "Saw IV"

Check it out here.

Saw IV hits theaters everywhere on October 26.

Lionsgate will be bringing "De2cent"

Over on IMDBPro it lists the sequel to Neil Marshall's astounding horror pic, The Descent, will be titled The De2cent, because that makes a whole lot of sense.

No word on if this Se7en-esque title will stick, but Christian Colson is said to be returning as producer.

The Descent was Neil Marshall's hotly anticipated follow up to his 2002 hit Dog Soldiers and told the story of an all female caving expedition, set in a cave system deep in the Appalachian Mountains, that goes terrifyingly wrong.

(References - hollywoodreporter.com, bloody-disgusting.com, variety.com, aintitcool.com)
Old 07-25-2007, 10:26 AM
Tenant

Not only do I hope De2cent doesn't happen, I hope that the whole project gets canned altogether.
I really wanted The Descent to remain a recent gem amongst shit, and prayed it wouldn't fall into the money-franchise sector.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:39 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally Posted by alkytrio666 View Post
Not only do I hope De2cent doesn't happen, I hope that the whole project gets canned altogether.
I really wanted The Descent to remain a recent gem amongst shit, and prayed it wouldn't fall into the money-franchise sector.
What he said. If they do have to tarnish The Descent with a sequel, here's hoping they AT LEAST fix that God-awful title. It made sense with Se7en, but this is just retarded.

SPOILER WARNING - Saw III and potentially Saw IV

On a lighter note: I'm loving that Saw IV poster...the tagline + having Jigsaw's head pretty much confirm my theories that he ain't really dead.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:17 AM
Crystal Lake Slasher

That is a great poster for Saw IV. It is going to be really good!

- Walter Savage Landor.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:06 PM
Evil Dead

does anyone know the official release date for the third mother in the UK?
3. suspiria
4. the exorcist
5. ringu
6. tcm
7. exorcist III
8. the omen
9. haute tension
10. creep

Closed Thread