Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-31-2006, 05:36 PM
Evil Dead

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by noctuary View Post
The Descent and Fair Haired Child. The Descent is as great as everyone has said. Absolutely loved this one. And now that I've seen the last Masters of Horror episode, I can give them a ranking:

1. Cigarette Burns
2. Fair Haired Child
3. Deer Woman
4. Dreams in the Witch House
5. Incident On and Off a Mountain Road
6. Pick Me Up
7. Homecoming
8. Imprint
9. Jenifer
10. Haeckel's Tale
11. Sick Girl
12. Chocolate
13. Dance of the Dead
Another which thought Fair Haired Child deserved a high ranking. :) I thought that installment was damned good - one of the best (Incidents and Fair-Hair are my favourites, Cigarette Burns is a good one too)

Ok, now for the third installment in my marathon...

When A Stranger Calls (orig.)
I watched the remake first, theatrically, and this kicked the shit out of that like I expected. It's a three-act story, which can be classified as two different genres. Horror, and criminal-mystery. The first act was basic, I knew what would happen and there was no surprise. This was the act the remake was SOLELY based on. The second act was very enjoyable; and kept my interest throughout. BUT THE THIRD ACT was my favorite. I don't know why, but throughout the entire act my heart was just pounding. Perhaps its because I have two real-life fears;

1) Camping; the thought of someone outside my tent. annnd...
2) The thought of someone in my house, watching me.

I am also babysitting my two cousins (aged 1 and 4) and my grandparent's ancient dog who can't protect worth shit (barely stands up :p) for the night, so perhaps those are some factors that played a part.

Definitely a film I enjoyed, had my heart-rate up, and would recommend. :)

Next up; The Hitcher and Are You Scared? if I can stay up
Old 12-31-2006, 05:51 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
The Evil Dead

been a damn long time since ive seen it.

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 12-31-2006, 07:21 PM
Evil Dead

The Changeling -- Good movie with a great actor (George C. Scott). The ending kinda left me cold, but overall it was a good watch. The ball bouncing down the stairs was the scariest thing for me.

Fear of the Dark -- Rented it some time back for like 50 cents and picked up a used copy for a few bucks. Although I've heard people trash this movie, I really like it. The "dark things" are creepy and just plain freak me out. Would recommend this to joshaube as one of the B/C movies definitely worth a look.
Old 12-31-2006, 07:40 PM
Banned

Date Movie.

the cat on the toilet scene had my wife and i in tears.

unfortunately i didnt get any of the TV parodies (other than to realize that they were TV parodies)
Old 12-31-2006, 08:16 PM
Evil Dead

Heebie - I've seen Fear of the Dark and it definately had something unique to it; I enjoyed it although not being an overall well-crafted film. The dark-things were pretty creepy.

4th film in the marathon...

The Hitcher
This was by far the best film I watched tonight; kept my interest throughout, and I really, really liked it. I can't really explain any further then that. The actor in the lead role had a real attraction to him, he fit the part well, and I expecially liked him above anyone else. I guess that's a quality the "good guy" has to have. The hitcher just pissed me off for obvious reasons :p At first I was thinking the hitchhiker in this film was the same hitchhiker in HBO's "The Hitchhiker" TV series. Buuut, it turns out it wasn't. They sort of look the same, though... don't they? Or maybe my memory is just foggy. Anyway, yeah, reccomended to anyone and everyone - check it out. It's a good flick :)

PS. I'm starting to understand why everyone here seems to hate remakes. It's not like you can improve The Hitcher, and yet... a remake is being made with a rookie director fresh from music videos of Britany Spears, and a script from the same writer who brought us When a Stranger Calls 06. Great. It seems to me all these remake directors are trying to do is feel like they are the ones who created it in the first place - disrespectful. Make your own films, stop plagurizing someone else. Except for those few instances where a director CAN improve an older film (Alexandre Aja) - but even he prooved himself with HT.

I'm popping in Are You Scared? now simply because it gives me the vibe of Cube Zero - that no-budget, cheap-acting sort of vibe that I quite enjoy. Plus it's a rip-off of Saw, and if nothing else, I can enjoy some traps as I fall asleep. I probably won't get through it all, so here's a "top list" of what I watched tonight;

1. The Hitcher
2. When A Stranger Calls
3. The Nun
4. House of the Dead
Old 01-01-2007, 02:21 AM
Evil Dead

The Evil That Men Do

Living Death
Old 01-01-2007, 03:06 AM
Atrocity Exhibition

Over the hedge,you me and dupree,and beerfest.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:18 AM
Tenant

Cars (2005)

I can say without hesitation that this is one of my favorite animated features. I saw it in theaters and loved it, got it for Christmas, and it was just as fun the econd time. Perfectly casted and perfectly executed.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:23 AM
Living Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkytrio666 View Post
Cars (2005)

I can say without hesitation that this is one of my favorite animated features. I saw it in theaters and loved it, got it for Christmas, and it was just as fun the econd time. Perfectly casted and perfectly executed.
Yeah, cars is a good movie, I like all the stuff they put in there just for the adults watching the movie, that the children dont get.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:57 AM
I ain't afraid'a no ghost

Send a message via MSN to stygianwitch
Robots... mildly amusing but not really my kind of movie
Sky High... this was funnier than i expected
Speed 2: Cruise Control

DVD