Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-13-2014, 05:42 PM
Evil is Better

VHS 2

Liked it better than the first but it wasn't without faults.

Tape 49: Overlapping story. Kinda boring and didnt make much sense but neither did the overlapping story from the first.

Phase I Clinical Trials: A good story to start with and it utilized the found footage in a good way. Somewhat creepy but it had a predictable ending.

A Ride in the Park: This was ok. Seeing the story through the zombies eyes was cool but they never explained why he had a camera on his helmet. Not a big deal i guess but to me the first rule of found footage should be to give a good reason as to why theres a camera.

Safe Haven: Definitely the best. It was the only one with a fleshed out story and with characters you actually gave a damn about. It was also the scariest. Something about the idea of being trapped inside some cult or institution that is trying to kill, torture or sacrifice you really freaks me out. This story had the best villain too, who was completely over the top and awesome. My only complaint was the incredibly silly ending.

Slumber Party Alien Abduction: This one was just silly and all over the place and really hard to watch.

Saving Mr. Banks

This one started out rough as Emma Thompson as P.L. Travers was infuriatingly annoying but as the movie went on, it became sweet, touching and as magical as any Disney movie. I thought Tom Hanks was great as Walt Disney

Old 01-13-2014, 08:27 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
Glad you liked the movie, EC! The Hipster in the Woods really cracked me up. There were some genuine Feels there, too.
Got a few more Mark Duplass flicks to watch. He's slowly becoming one of my favorite actors. You should check out The Spectacular Now if you haven't already. I thought it was a really solid coming of age film.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:23 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
A Ride in the Park: This was ok. Seeing the story through the zombies eyes was cool but they never explained why he had a camera on his helmet. Not a big deal i guess but to me the first rule of found footage should be to give a good reason as to why theres a camera.
He was just recording his mountain bike ride for fun. GoPro makes helmet and chest cams for recording all kinds of stuff -- biking, snowboarding, skydiving. A buddy of mine had one and we used to record some of our more interesting mountain bike rides.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:45 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giganticface View Post
He was just recording his mountain bike ride for fun. GoPro makes helmet and chest cams for recording all kinds of stuff -- biking, snowboarding, skydiving. A buddy of mine had one and we used to record some of our more interesting mountain bike rides.
Oh OK. That makes sense then. Seemed weird to me when I watched it but I guess it does fit with the character. They let you know that the riding was really important to him.

Old 01-13-2014, 11:48 PM
No, fuck YOU

"Apartment 1303 3D" 1/10

What the hell was Rebecca De Mornay and John Diehl doing in this maggot infested ghost turd? They ought to fire their agents immediately.
Especially Mornays role was completely unnecessary and so retarded she must have been as drunk as her character while doing her scenes. Otherwise i'm sure she would've jumped off a cliff in pure embarrassment.

And the entire family constant talking to themself for the first 30 minutes was driving me absolutely insane. Not even old people with cats talk this much when they are alone.

And a 5 million dollar budget? What the fuck did they go to?? Hopefully to Rebecca De Mornay.

The movie had a few decent scares with the ghost lurking through the windows. Therefore 1/10 and not 0/10.

Last edited by Angra; 01-13-2014 at 11:54 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:57 PM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
[B]VHS 2[/URL]

Liked it better than the first but it wasn't without faults.

It's actually very common for these people to film their bike rides - youtube is full of them - but I agree with you for most of the rest of the film, especially Safe Haven. If this was 'found footage' who edited all the camera feeds together. Didn't make sense. And if I remember correctly, Safe Haven had some POV shots that weren't thru a camera (I could be wrong on this though). Any way when your whole framing device is based around this, it really takes you out of it when you break your own rules.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:50 AM
Misanthrope

Escape Plan

Entertaining as hell without a dull moment. Best role Schwarzenegger has had in years. The chemistry between him and Stallone was perfect. This one really exceeded my expectations and had a great script. Loved how the guards looked like they were right out of THX-1138. I dig a good prison break flick and this is definitely one of them. Recommended.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ep.jpg (26.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-14-2014, 02:54 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
Escape Plan

Entertaining as hell without a dull moment. Best role Schwarzenegger has had in years. The chemistry between him and Stallone was perfect. This one really exceeded my expectations and had a great script. Loved how the guards looked like they were right out of THX-1138. I dig a good prison break flick and this is definitely one of them. Recommended.

good to know - it looked awful in the ads..
Old 01-14-2014, 02:56 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

My kid insisted we see this last night - making it about the 5th time i've watched it.
Thankfully it does have great replay value :)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg framebyframe_sherlock_holmes_game_of_shadows.jpg (27.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-14-2014, 03:17 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
Escape Plan

Stoked to hear this was good, I really wanted it to be.

Click for B-Movie reviews!

Tags
movie