Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-17-2005, 10:38 PM
Fascist Zombie

Send a message via AIM to TheOmen
I'd like to take Motel Hell off my list. Partly because I think I enjoyed it as a kid, and partly because House of The Dead is absolutely the worst movie ever made, thus it makes the list..
Old 01-18-2005, 05:44 AM
Banned

i left Cold Creek Manor off the list because there is a scene so inept involving snakes that it's a required viewing .. its priceless.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:27 AM
The Dork Knight

Happy Hell Night

the openning scence shows the killer inside of a tomb in a cemetary with bodies scattered around and he's holding two hearts in his hands now i'm thinking he must do some kinda supernatural stuff or something different so i sat through another half hour of bad acting/writing/directing until it got to the first death scence just to see this guy pick up a scaple and stab a nurse's hand then slash her throat.

by far one of the worst movies i've ever seen overall not just horror.
Old 01-18-2005, 07:58 AM
Misanthrope

House of The Dead is what horror movies are all about. That piece of shit is going to be a cult classic. Urgeok..... this and Jason X were made to make you laugh, maybe jack off to some eye candy. And as far as Secret Window???! You knew what you were getting yourself into (Shitty Stephen King, Johnny Depp being Stephen King by the numbers) you should have waited for that piece of shit to turn up on TV. Mr Depp is on his way out with pieces of shit like this.......... and a lot of people are fooling themselves that the Willy Wonka remake is going to be legendary.

cheeba - you were exasperated? man that makes it all ok.... all you needed was a hug I reckon. Who gives a fuck anyways? We're all geeks arguing about dumb shit on here anyway we're meant to be cunts to each other. No offence and none taken.
:confused: I'm real drunk at the moment............ but yeh horror is somthing I'm passonite about and if people don't like stuff I'm into I have a habit of just being all "what the fuck get some taste blah....blah...." sometimes I'm right sometimes I'm wrong but maybe its the booze.

Quote:
I'd like to take Motel Hell off my list
You should. Great fucking movie with a awesome chainsaw fight!

Nemesis412 - Unbreakable was pretty cool but could have been more. Great ideas but not overly well executed. It could have been one of those great Superheros that weren't Superheroes (Marvel, D.C........la la) Darkman styles......

But yeh I'm too drunk I'll go spread my cheer round everywhere else?
Old 01-18-2005, 08:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis_Christ
[B]House of The Dead is what horror movies are all about. That piece of shit is going to be a cult classic. Urgeok..... this and Jason X were made to make you laugh, maybe jack off to some eye candy. And as far as Secret Window???! You knew what you were getting yourself into (Shitty Stephen King, Johnny Depp being Stephen King by the numbers) you should have waited for that piece of shit to turn up on TV. Mr Depp is on his way out with pieces of shit like this.......... and a lot of people are fooling themselves that the Willy Wonka remake is going to be legendary.
i can guarentee that Secret Window will do nothing to hamper Depps popularity ...
He's one of the select handful of performers that can slip back and forth between crass commercial films and indie pics without getting the slightest tarnish on themselves..

Secret Window came and went unnoticed.

Depp isn't even at the top of his rainbow yet ...
A bad Pirates of the Carribean II would do far more to hurt his image although I'm betting that even inb the film tanks, he'll still be gold. At least that film gave him something to do .. Secret Window was a non-film.

Jason X had no eye candy - just one of the many problems with the film ... try jacking off to that and you'll just end up with a limp joint in your hand.

House of the Dead will be a classic in the same way Plan 9 from Outerspace will be ... possibly. Personally i think it will be completely forgotten.

As far as Unbreakable goes ... I think its an amazing film ...
Not many people do though
Old 01-18-2005, 08:51 AM
The Dork Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by urgeok
i can guarentee that Secret Window will do nothing to hamper Depps popularity ...
He's one of the select handful of performers that can slip back and forth between crass commercial films and indie pics without getting the slightest tarnish on themselves..

Secret Window came and went unnoticed.

Depp isn't even at the top of his rainbow yet ...
A bad Pirates of the Carribean II would do far more to hurt his image although I'm betting that even inb the film tanks, he'll still be gold. At least that film gave him something to do .. Secret Window was a non-film.

Jason X had no eye candy - just one of the many problems with the film ... try jacking off to that and you'll just end up with a limp joint in your hand.

House of the Dead will be a classic in the same way Plan 9 from Outerspace will be ... possibly. Personally i think it will be completely forgotten.

As far as Unbreakable goes ... I think its an amazing film ...
Not many people do though

i personally think Depp is one of the best actor there is so a bad film here and there which he actually was good in shouldn't tarnish him.

and i thought Unbreakable was great the whole concept is so obvious i don't know why someone hadn't made it earlier.

Last edited by AUSTIN316426808; 01-18-2005 at 01:26 PM.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:16 PM
Minion

Quote:
Originally posted by urgeok
The village
Jason x
House of the dead
resident evil 2
secret window

there are 5 recent ones...

i dont count low budget shit because its pointless ...
to me the badness of a film is in direct proportion to how much money was spent on it - who made it -etc. (i.e. they should have known better.) and how pissed i was during and after seeing it.
Each one of these above was a waste of my time ...
Stupid films.

if you are 12 and these are the first horror films you've seen then sure .. you might like them.
But if you've seen a number of them ... i cant understand why you would even consider them passable time wasters .. they were each an insult to the viewer.

I agree with all of them. But i did like Resident evil 2. I think Nemesis is a badass guy (hence me name) Althought I thin Silent Hill is better and would make a sweet movie. It wasn't really horror but it was a fun movie for me anyways. But yeah forgot about House of the dead.

Pinhead-Hellraiser
Old 01-18-2005, 12:48 PM
The Emperor of America

Send a message via AIM to The STE
1) Polish Vampire in Burbank
2) Manos: Hands of Fate
3) The Brain that Wouldn't Die
4) Jaws: The Revenge
5) Exorcist 2: The Heretic

===

WATCH MY MOVIES(UPDATED: 5/7/08, "No Exit")
RING OF HONOR: BEST WRESTLING IN THE WORLD

TOO GOOD FOR THE HDC BATTLE ROYALE
Old 01-18-2005, 01:11 PM
Fascist Zombie

Send a message via AIM to TheOmen
Quote:
House of The Dead is what horror movies are all about. That piece of shit is going to be a cult classic. Urgeok
Maybe to you, horror movies are all about complete garbage. For me, I take them as serious as 'normal' movies. Sure, there are some that are so cheesy that they are favorites. But usually, they are movies that were made in all seriousness, but are so bad they're funny. House of the Dead, from what you're saying, was made to be cheesy, and that, in my mind, makes it even worse. It is by far the worst movie ever made. So don't have that patronizing attitude like you 'get' it, and nobody else is smart enough. The movie blows in every way.

Jason X was okay.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:30 PM
The Dork Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by The STE
1) Polish Vampire in Burbank
2) Manos: Hands of Fate
3) The Brain that Wouldn't Die
4) Jaws: The Revenge
5) Exorcist 2: The Heretic
i haven't seen the top three but they sound like they're horrible. would i even get a good laugh out of it like most bad horror movies.