Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-26-2021, 12:20 AM
Evil Dead

THE RAPTURE (1991). Mimi Rogers is quite good as the bored promiscuous women who becomes a Fundamentalist Christian and finds that devotion may not be enough. But the story becomes a bit, shall We say, Preachy and it seems there is no resolution in sight. Not bad, but overrated. Was interesting seeing David Duchovny here with a Mullet and knowing that he and Mimi played former partners years later on THE X-FILES>. **1/2
Old 05-26-2021, 01:41 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
THE RAPTURE (1991). Mimi Rogers is quite good as the bored promiscuous women who becomes a Fundamentalist Christian and finds that devotion may not be enough. But the story becomes a bit, shall We say, Preachy and it seems there is no resolution in sight. Not bad, but overrated. Was interesting seeing David Duchovny here with a Mullet and knowing that he and Mimi played former partners years later on THE X-FILES>. **1/2
Interesting. Good to get your opinion on this one. I remember seeing parts of this some 20 years ago, but I don't think I ever saw it beginning to end. And I certainly don't remember how it was resolved. Unusual film for sure.

Old 05-26-2021, 04:58 PM
Immortal horror fan

Saint Maud -

I saw a topic on this at the HorrorDVDs forum. I thought this would be a movie like The Autopsy of Jane Doe. Something slow but interesting in the end. But I thought Saint Maud was more artsy and well directed. But not high on the horror. And also not too sure of the story it was trying to tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
What’s the hidden shit? Tell us!
I saw a post about the hidden stuff on Bloody-Disgusting. Now I really want to check out the movie. I wouldn't spoil it if I were you. As it was a surprise to me and it's not teased at all in the poster or one trailer I saw.
Old 05-27-2021, 12:06 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
Saint Maud -

I saw a topic on this at the HorrorDVDs forum. I thought this would be a movie like The Autopsy of Jane Doe. Something slow but interesting in the end. But I thought Saint Maud was more artsy and well directed. But not high on the horror. And also not too sure of the story it was trying to tell.

I saw a post about the hidden stuff on Bloody-Disgusting. Now I really want to check out the movie. I wouldn't spoil it if I were you. As it was a surprise to me and it's not teased at all in the poster or one trailer I saw.
Could you link that post, please.
Old 05-27-2021, 11:54 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Could you link that post, please.
Even posting the link would spoil the movie as it's in the text. Go to Bloody-Disgusting.com and look on the front page if need be. It's still in the trending section. But I wouldn't.
Old 05-28-2021, 01:04 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Even posting the link would spoil the movie as it's in the text. Go to Bloody-Disgusting.com and look on the front page if need be. It's still in the trending section. But I wouldn't.
COME ON, MAN!! Don't make me do stuff.
Old 05-28-2021, 01:05 AM
No, fuck YOU

By the way, I've already seen the movie, so not a whole lot would be spoiled, I'm sure.
Old 05-28-2021, 11:31 AM
ventricle

Quote:
Quote:
COME ON, MAN!! Don't make me do stuff.
Quote:
By the way, I've already seen the movie, so not a whole lot would be spoiled, I'm sure.
I havent seen it. I think the title of the article is just intriguing. Looks HDC is shortening it away.
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...ers-army-dead/

Old 05-28-2021, 04:36 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
I havent seen it. I think the title of the article is just intriguing. Looks HDC is shortening it away.
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...ers-army-dead/
Thank you!

Hm... now I wanna see the tv show.
Old 05-29-2021, 11:41 AM
Evil Dead

As a straight up action film, Army of the Dead has it's merits. No memorable lines, though. Just a lot of machismo BS and all the predictable clichés.

As a zombie film, it's bollocks. Which is probably why they throw around different names for these things. Cover themselves and stuff. And the whole alpha zombie, dystopian subplot can F right off.

Tags
movie