Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-17-2008, 07:15 AM
For Vendetta

- Platinum Dunes producer Brad Fuller addressed the PG-13 rumor about Friday the 13th remake and how ridiculous it is.

"None of our remakes have been PG-13," Producer Brad Fuller points out. "How do you remake a rated R horror movie and take the guts out literally and figuratively? What is F13 without sex, drugs and really, really long sharp machete? And why would we, horror fans ourselves, produce a movie devoid of the things that made the title so appealing in the first place. So let me say for the record, that the F13 that we start shooting this Thursday is a full bodied, rated R film."

He elaborates on just how R-rated this film will be. "It has insane kills that will be shown in all their glory- it has a group of college students who drink and even have sex. We are betting that if we don’t hold back that the audience will reward us for being bold in a time when some horror movies are playing the ratings game. So we embrace the R-rating Friday the 13th will have, and hope you will too."

Marcus Nispel directs the film, which stars Jared Padalecki, Derek Mears, Amanda Righetti, Danielle Panabaker, Aaron Yoo, Travis Van Winkle, Willa Ford, Nick Mennell and Jonathan Sadowski.

Jason Voorhees returns to Camp Crystal Lake on February 13, 2009.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:33 AM
For Vendetta

April 23, 2008

Fox 2000 is set to bring Brian De Palma’s “The Fury” back to the bigscreen.

The label has tapped Brian McGreevy and Lee Shipman to pen a contemporary reimagining of the 1978 supernatural horror film.

New version will center on a young man with heightened kinetic powers who is abducted by the government in order to take advantage of his special gifts.

The original, starring Kirk Douglas and John Cassavetes and released by 20th Century Fox, was based on John Farris’ 1976 novel of the same name.

Ted Field is producing through his Radar Pictures banner. Mike Weber exec produces.

Newcomers McGreevy and Shipman penned the spec “Of Every Wickedness,” about America’s first known serial killer, which landed on the industry’s Black List of the hottest unproduced spec scripts and garnered the duo a lot of attention. They nabbed “The Fury” gig off of that script.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:27 AM
For Vendetta

May 15, 2008

Hot news on the Piranha front - the forthcoming remake of Joe Dante's 1978 horror classic will be shot in 3-D.

As previously reported, Alexandre Aja (High Tension, The Hills Have Eyes) will helm the project, about a school of killer fish munching on teen flesh during spring break.

And with the film's international rights currently being sold in Cannes, Dimension Films head Bob Weinstein explained "The film presents us with a unique opportunity to launch a new global franchise and take advantage of the incredible developments in 3-D technology."

Director Aja will work with 3-D expert Neville Page (currently collaborating with James Cameron on Avatar) to create the creatures, with the violent horror expected to earn itself an R-rating.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:09 AM
For Vendetta

June 3, 2008

CineTel Films has acquired rights to remake "I Spit on Your Grave," the 1978 female revenge film that was reviled for its depiction of sex and violence.

The remake rights were owned by Meir Zarchi, who directed, produced and wrote the original. Though the majority of CineTel's releases are straight-to-DVD titles, the company will make "Spit" for a theatrical release.

In the original, a woman is abducted, brutally attacked and raped and then left for dead. She survives, hunts her attackers and dispatches them in graphic ways. Critics, especially Roger Ebert and Gene Siskel, hated the film, much to Zarchi's delight.

"The more the film was attacked, the more money shot into my pocket," Zarchi said. "The two persons who contributed most to that, especially in the beginning, were Siskel and Ebert. ... I wouldn't change a frame of it, and I hope the remake is just as controversial."

Pic will be produced by CineTel prexy-CEO Paul Hertzberg and Lisa Hansen, with Jeff Klein, Alan Ostroff, Gary Needle and Zarchi as exec producers.

As reviled as it was when originally released, "I Spit on Your Grave" was a precursor to a slew of female revenge film hits, Hertzberg said. Contemporary genre fare has become so graphically violent that the original doesn't seem as outrageous as it did 30 years ago. Hertzberg is listening to pitches from writers on how to ratchet up the shock factor.

"After seeing what was done with an R rating on films like 'Saw' and 'Hostel,' we think we can modernize this story, be competitive with what this marketplace expects and not have to aim for an NC-17 or X rating," Hertzberg said.

Contacted by Daily Variety, Ebert said only that his hope is that this time, the result is a better film.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:16 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
I heared death race 2000 is being remade but is just going to be called death race (for obvious reasons).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Race_%28film%29

The Ferrets like it...
Old 06-05-2008, 07:53 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
"...and I hope the remake is just as controversial."
So is this guy really naive...or just stupid?
Old 06-05-2008, 11:30 AM
Evil Puppy

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretchucker View Post
I heared death race 2000 is being remade but is just going to be called death race (for obvious reasons).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Race_%28film%29
Seems like another "re-imagining" to me.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:06 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
Seems like another "re-imagining" to me.
Aren't they all? :rolleyes:
Old 06-05-2008, 06:23 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Return View Post
Aren't they all? :rolleyes:
Not Psycho, or Funny Games, or... alright you got me. :)
Old 07-18-2008, 09:05 AM
Evil Puppy

What do you all think about the Rififi remake with Al Pacino? Doesn't seem like a horrible idea to me even though it's going to giant shoes to fill.