Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > TV Shows
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-17-2011, 02:21 AM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
Did I call it or what??
Ha, I logged in after watching just to say you did :D
Old 12-18-2011, 03:20 PM
HDC Idol

I have to say that I actually thought the last two episodes were brilliant... I really did like the reveal about Violet (Mark anticipated it but, honestly, I didn't see it coming until she couldn't leave the house).

As for the last episode with the birthing scene, utter brilliance - I like how corporeal, sad, and lonely these ghosts are - Makes it a lot more "realistic" and different than other ghost stories that I have seen on film. And the concept of all of the ghosts coming together to deliver the baby - So incredibly and delightfully macabre. The end itself made my heart absolutely break.

I agree with NE - I think that that's the only direction that they can go in... And I think it's a good direction; I like the idea that next season will bring in a new family. Mark and I have been discussing this possibility pretty early into the show (essentially all I could think was, "Geez! Why the HELL won't they leave the house?! I don't know if I can suspend my disbelief that they would stay in that house." - I figured that the only way they could dispel my fears was to move a new family in... And if they all die, well, there's an avenue for our new family). I think it would be fantastic.

I love this show. I absolutely do. I didn't really feel a lull or lose interest as others stated - I think that it kept a good swift pace and didn't dwell too long... But at the same time it has overarching story arcs. It's an incredibly well-done show. I hope it keeps it up.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 12-18-2011, 09:08 PM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
As for the last episode with the birthing scene, utter brilliance - I like how corporeal, sad, and lonely these ghosts are - The end itself made my heart absolutely break.
Me too, for sure. That scene, despite still being really crazy, showed a level of restraint that is rare on this show, and that made it really powerful.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:41 PM
Misanthrope

Great scene definitely. Quite surreal and totally macabre like Chrono mentioned. Looking forward to the finale.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:09 PM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
Great scene definitely. Quite surreal and totally macabre like Chrono mentioned. Looking forward to the finale.
Oh yeah. Two-parter!
Old 12-19-2011, 07:00 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunato View Post
Oh yeah. Two-parter!
Then another year to wait! :D
Old 12-21-2011, 09:15 AM
Immortal horror fan

Tonight's the finale. I wonder how things will end for this family. I have a feeling, as with most good ghost stories, that a character won't make it out alive.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:26 AM
Banned

well.....not sure where this show is going next year. A new family moves in and the "good ghost" will just scare them out. [ Beetlejuice,Beetlejuice,Beetlejuice] Could get boring....kinda think the writers shot their load already on this one. Will just have to wait and see.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:44 AM
Cranky

Yah, I was thinking Beetlejuice as I watched it as well...

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 12-22-2011, 09:18 AM
Whip In My Valise

Well, there is the matter of the child. It could go in a completely different direction. I'm pretty optimistic.