Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-25-2004, 08:02 AM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Quote:
Originally posted by Stingy Jack
Well, you're right about that. Christianity is not being taught in public schools ... but wouldn't the Christians love it if it was!
Yes...They most definitely would
Quote:
I get defensive when I debate. It is my nature. It's my "debate persona". :) But, it's all in good fun.
LOL...Taurus;)
Quote:
I'm sorry if I made the assumption that you were Christian. It seems that I did, according to what I posted. But, my argument was really for Christians who hold the view that their God needs to be in the public schools at any cost.
No harm done...I am unscathable:D...and I certainly appreciate your views

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be
Old 07-25-2004, 08:25 AM
Returning after eternity.

Quote:
Originally posted by bloodrayne
Read my above post, Ege...I never said that evolution was not a valid theory, nor did I mention that I had any affiliation with ANY religion...So, you certainly didn't offend ME in the least...It actually almost makes me wonder who you may be referring to...lol
Actually, I was referring to anyone religious people in general who may read that comment. I do realize that evolution directly contradicts a direct translation of the bible, ergo Christianity.

One thing I don't see, however, is why there should be any selectiveness when it comes to teaching science in schools. Science can be wrong, believe me. Scientists used to think many things that have been disproven. But to completely circumvent the topic is really just taking a shit on the entire scientific process. I would dread the day that we went back to a non-scientific way of thinking, e.g. "God is blessing us when it rains", when we know that there is a valid, sound and proven scientific explanation for what is happening. To deny that is to throw ourselves back into the dark ages.

I'm kind of defensive lately too, my objectivity has kind of diminished lately. I'll work my best at bringing it back, but it seems as if the topics that we've been discussing lately are all of great importance to me and for some reason bring out these dramatic responses. That's not the way I usually am. I tend to fit more of the cold, scientific Scorpio profile when it comes to arguing. I'm letting my emotions become entangled.
Old 07-25-2004, 08:47 AM
Post-Moderation

Quote:
It seems that you are a bit on the defensive lately, Stingy...I do hope that all is well
Well you did jump into this arguement as the "only voice or reason":rolleyes:

Agreed that its not being "taught" in schools, there is no christianity 101 class. But it sure as hell is leaned towards. It doesnt bother me in the pledge, i agree its not gonna recruit anyone, besides stating where our government obviously stands on religion:rolleyes:

The 10 commandments up in school is a fucking joke tho. Not only does it have shit ONLY pertaining to christianity (although alot of good morality guidlines ill admit), its just not something that non-christain raised children need to be subjected to every day because it doesnt bother the christian majority...

Its a simple issue of majority in religion, the christians want it in school because they are the majority and feel they have the "correct" view on which religion to practice....

And bloodrayne if you dont want to get people defensive, you might try jumping into the middle of an argument with a little less "high and mighty" attitude....sure as hell pissed me off....
Old 07-25-2004, 09:26 AM
New leaf

Colin Powell......... unfortunately he will not run. Surely some racist asshole would assassinate him just because he's black.
Old 07-25-2004, 09:27 AM
Something about a pillow

Quote:
Originally posted by yourlastmistake
Colin Powell......... unfortunately he will not run. Surely some racist asshole would assassinate him just because he's black.

You're right...but he would rock as president.
Old 07-25-2004, 09:30 AM
New leaf

Yeah, his wife told him not to because of that reason.
Old 07-25-2004, 09:31 AM
Post-Moderation

Quote:
Colin Powell......... unfortunately he will not run. Surely some racist asshole would assassinate him just because he's black
I think we need a Black and/or Woman president as SOON as possible....drive the fucking republicans INSANE!!!
Old 07-25-2004, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by yourlastmistake
He would make an AWESOME president, but as you said, he probably would get assassinated even if he did make it into office.
Old 07-25-2004, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Arioch
I think we need a Black and/or Woman president as SOON as possible....drive the fucking republicans INSANE!!!
*giggles*
Old 07-25-2004, 09:32 AM
New leaf

I'm Republican and it would'nt drive me crazy. Only if Hillary was elected president.