Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-28-2014, 08:53 AM
Evil Dead

Horror covers

Not sue if this should be hear or in horror art, so bare with me if I'm in the wrong section and sorry in advance. What is your favourite horror film video box cover (I'm trying to stick to original, and I'm english, so I hope these are the same as are Yankee cousins ones)

Her's mine

The driller killer, the one with the drill going into the mans head, genuinely shocking and still unmatched to this day IMO.

The prowler, he looks really cool and brutal in his war fatigues.

Hell raiser, to see someone like pinhead openly on a video box was actually quite outrageous

Cannibal holocaust, think it's that anyway, the picture of a cannibal chewing on some human meat, although it was not a real life still and was an art picture it was still shocking to see, and the tag line we will eat you made it even more outrageous

American werewolf in London, not sure if this was a re-issue cover or what, but It is the picture of the werewolf's face half transformed from the famous transformation, whilst not that scary, it did highlight the greatness of the effects usedin that film.

It's v true when someone said that the art for the boxes of video nasties were always ten times better than the films themselves!!

Apologies in advance if I'm not correct on whether it was the genuine or original. Art, or even if it was the uk box art, rather than than the us ones and vice versa, I'm just doing them off the top of my head, I hope you know the ones I mean though

Last edited by neilold; 04-28-2014 at 08:55 AM.