Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Site Suggestions/Questions
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-03-2013, 05:39 PM
Wanna Join?

Caps Lock

I tend to type the titles of books, movies, etc. using all upper case letters as taught in a college writing class. When I pressed the Caps Lock key on my keyboard to type in the titles of a couple of movies in another thread only the first letter was capitalized and the rest appeared lowercase. I don't recall having this problem before at HDC. Just wondering if there might be a reason for this other than my keyboard going bonkers.

"Within the framework of most horror tales we find a moral code so strong it would make a Puritan smile." Stephen King, DANSE MACABRE
Old 11-03-2013, 11:47 PM
Misanthrope

The board doesn't let you type in all uppercase letters there has to be some lowercase in your post as well. You can get around it by putting in some dummy lowercase txt in white.
Old 11-04-2013, 03:48 PM
Sometimes dead is better

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfear View Post
I tend to type the titles of books, movies, etc. using all upper case letters as taught in a college writing class. When I pressed the Caps Lock key on my keyboard to type in the titles of a couple of movies in another thread only the first letter was capitalized and the rest appeared lowercase. I don't recall having this problem before at HDC. Just wondering if there might be a reason for this other than my keyboard going bonkers.
I have never heard of that. Writing titles in all capital letters.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:24 PM
Wanna Join?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
The board doesn't let you type in all uppercase letters there has to be some lowercase in your post as well. You can get around it by putting in some dummy lowercase txt in white.
Good idea. Thanks.

"Within the framework of most horror tales we find a moral code so strong it would make a Puritan smile." Stephen King, DANSE MACABRE
Old 11-04-2013, 07:26 PM
Wanna Join?

Quote:
Originally Posted by metternich1815 View Post
I have never heard of that. Writing titles in all capital letters.
It might be old school, but titles of books, movies, are in uppercase. Short stories and by logical extension episode titles are in quotation marks. Might not be adhered to much anymore.