Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-25-2008, 12:43 AM
For Vendetta

I am a FPS guy. There aren't many Survival-Horror games for the 360 yet, but I am eagerly waiting for three releases - Harker, Left 4 Dead and Resident Evil 5.

Among the FPS stuff, I would recommend :-
  • Mass Effect - very engaging,
  • Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Arguably one of the best looking games ever made,
  • Dead Rising - Awesome game, with some really neat levels.

Non-horror :- Call of Duty 4, The Orange Box (a must buy) and Assassin's Creed.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:16 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
Perfect Dark Zero - I played this one briefly and really didn't good too far into it. I liked Perfect Dark (still play it on my N64 when I dust it off) but this one was lacking. I do know quite a few people who dug it though so it's worth a shot.

Timeshift and Prey are both fun but rely heavily on a gimmick to pull it out of the average FPS zone. I thought Prey had more "wow moments" but they're both fun.

Jericho is under-rated and while it didn't live up to the lofty expectations I had set for it, the game was still fun. I would buy it at BB where it seems to be consistently between 20 and 50 percent off.

Dark Sector is gory but it didn't really do anything impressive. Another one of those games that can be fun but really failed to live up to the hype.

Of those games I'd say Prey and Jericho are my favorites but I wouldn't pay $59.99 for either.
Prey was a GREAT recommendation. I'm finishing it up now, actually (though I wish it wasn't so linear).

I think maybe I'll pick up Jericho next - the graphics that I've seen for it look fantastic.

And on the topic of games yet to come...

We've been talking about Dead Space - Personally I think that the trailer looks AWESOME, so I'm pretty psyched about it, though I'm not sure if I can afford the $60 right now. Left 4 Dead looks great, too. I think I'll wait on reviews before picking up either of them.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 11-08-2008, 12:47 PM
balllls

Send a message via AIM to hacelikewhoa
play dead rising

not scary but its awesome
Old 11-14-2008, 10:21 PM
balllls

Send a message via AIM to hacelikewhoa
left 4 dead is pretty sweet
Old 11-15-2008, 03:32 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacelikewhoa View Post
play dead rising

not scary but its awesome
Couldn't really get into Dead Rising; I thought that the controls were really awkward, the saving system weird, and it took far too long to load between chapters.

I'm petty psyched for Left 4 Dead, though. I'm player Jericho on the 360 now and it's OK.

Old 11-17-2008, 03:14 PM
Evil Dead

Pick up F.E.A.R. if you want something a bit creepy.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:04 PM
Evil Dead

Left 4 dead was a great idea. Very fun and cool looking but only for so long. I loved Dead Rising now THAT was fun! ALl the extra stuff you could do and the size of it was awesome. I hated the dudes in the environmental suits tho they were cheap.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:02 PM
HDC Idol

VC - I need to pick up F.E.A.R. - The ads for it just look so fantastic.

There's a Dead Rising 2 coming out in August - I hope that it improves on some of the awkwardness of the first game.

Old 06-14-2010, 07:30 PM
Evil Dead

Was just reading through this thread and was wondering if anyone that owns a 360 thought RE 5 kinda stunk?

The game is nowhere near the original as far as the fear factor goes, and twice now I've finished it and been deep in the Mercenary Missions and my saves have been wiped.

I really hope, if Capcom does indeed do another RE game, they take it back to basics and bring back the scare factor and puzzles that made the first one so great.

RE5 was basically just a FPS, and that's not a bad thing, if that's what you're looking for in a game. I want the scare factor back.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:24 PM
BuyTheTicket, TakeTheRide

RE 2 scared the shit out of me when i first played it. Great tension within the enviorments. Anyone play Alan Wake. If so how is it? I was hoping for it to be creepy but not sure.