Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-28-2010, 01:19 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Episode 7

Opening credits roll. Fade to a shot of the house that Rayne, Roshiq and Demon Seed are staying in. They have a small fire going, each of them sitting close to it. A very weathered metal bowl contains the remains of what appear to be some sort of soup.

Roshiq: I have to say, I really can't thank you enough for all of this. I'm not sure what I was doing out there...I can't really remember much.

Rayne looks at him, concerned. She doesn't speak. Demon Seed is also staring at him.

Demon Seed: So what, you just wake up each day without knowing who you are?

Rayne: D!

Demon Seed: What?! I was just asking.

Roshiq looks down into the fire as he speaks.

Roshiq: I usually end up remembering my name. If I'm in the same place for long enough I'll know from the second I wake that I'm safe. But other days I'll wake up in the middle of the night, screaming like a banshee. It usually subsides quickly though.

Demon Seed: And you have no memories of being a riverman?

Roshiq: What? No. Well...some. Occasionally I get flashes from my past. The green boat going down murky water. I had a hole in the floor.

Rayne smiles slightly, her eyes welling up.

Roshiq: Every time I'd forget that it was there and-

Rayne: Your foot would fall in. That's why your left boot was so mouldy.

Roshiq looks up at her, a frown on his face.

Roshiq: How did you know me?

Rayne: Huh? Oh..well, I'd just see you out and about sometimes. I'd often buy food from you.

Roshiq: I sold food? Really? I'm useless at finding it now...how was I then?

Rayne: I'm not sure, like I said I didn't know you that well...

Demon Seed: You must have some idea, mum!

Rayne: It was such a long time ago.

Roshiq: Was I fast? Did I get other people to catch it for me?

Demon Seed: I bet you used knives and just like, dived on them! Did he mum?

She suddenly gets very stressed.

Rayne: I said I don't know!

The two males suddenly go silent and stare at her. She doesn't make eye contact with them.

Rayne: Sorry, you didn't deserve that.

Roshiq: It was my fault for prying.

After a moment or two of silence, she speaks again.

Rayne: You always had plenty, I know that much. You always kept your passengers well fed. It's just so long ago, and you look so different.

Roshiq: It's okay, I understand. If you don't mind, I'm gonna go to sleep now. It's been so long since I had such a comfortable bed.

He signals to the pile of dirty sheets in a heap on the hard concrete floor. Rayne nods and he goes over to the piles. Rayne goes over to the corner of the room and picks up a few planks of old rotting wood. She throws them on the fire. She then signals to Demon Seed to follow her up the stairs and out the door. Once they're out, she turns to him and speaks very quietly.

Rayne: I know you're just curious, but can you please just not ask any more questions about Roshiq? It takes me back to a dark place, somewhere I wouldn't like to visit again.

He nods compliantly.

Demon Seed: How long are we gonna let him stay with us? How do we even know we can trust him?

Rayne: I don't know. I just really hope. He was a nice person back then, and he seems sincere right now. But he can't stay for too long. As soon as...if we find Dude-

Demon Seed: Hey! Don't talk like that. We're gonna find him.

Rayne: I know that he's out there. I'm just starting to wonder if we'll find out where "there" is. It's been three months. We have to be realistic.

Demon Seed: Stop talking like that! I know he'll be back. He's probably on his way now.

Fade to a shot of inside a dark cave, only lit by a single old fashioned bulb hanging loosely from a makeshift wooden stand. Drops of blood litter the floor and various sharp instruments are strewn around the cave. Up against one of the walls is a man with long, dark hair tied firmly to a wooden chair, which is firmly fixed to the ground, as though cement were poured on it's legs. This is Dude Guadalupe The hair is messy, as though it hasn't been washed in months. The man is growing a beard and his clothes are all tattered, and blood stains them. His entire body is covered in bruises, lumps and cuts. He is also very gaunt, as though he is barely being fed. His feet are submerged in a metal bowl of water and are purple with the cold. He shivers. Footsteps coming towards him as another man enters the cave.

It is Scouse Mac, and he is holding the hydraulic cutters menacingly.

Scouse Mac: Now, are you going to tell me the code?

Dude Guadalupe: I told you...I've forgotten it.

Scouse Mac: Then remember.

Dude Guadalupe: How the fuck am I meant to do that?

His voice is weak and raspy.

Scouse Mac: With a bit of persuasion.

He holds up the cutters and walks towards Dude.

Dude Guadalupe: No...no!

The camera cuts to an outside shot of the cave, where a cloud eagle soars overhead. Dude's blood curdling screams can be heard from with in over the top of the sounds of the cutters. After the sounds of the cutters cease, he screams one sentence.

Dude Guadalupe: I wrote it down!

Scouse Mac: Good...now we're getting somewhere. For your sake...I hope you're not lying.

Cut to a shot of Roshiq, slowly falling asleep next to the fire. The camera pans across to the fire itself. Scratched on one of the pieces of wood Rayne just threw into the fire is a series of numbers. As the flame continues, the piece of wood blackens. Ending credits roll.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 04-28-2010, 04:48 PM
Horroritis

The code is UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, B, A, START :D

The story so far is great. I'm looking forward to more.

*edit*Rayne just said the reason she keeps reading is because the story is great.

Last edited by Dude Guadalupe; 04-28-2010 at 05:36 PM.