Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-08-2009, 07:57 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
Not certain, but I recal reading someplace that last one there was something that evolved, which would probably explain why our body doesn't play so well with animal fats.
I think we've discussed this before. If it was in fact a trait from evolution then it was better than not having the teeth to eat flesh correct? I mean, that's the whole point of evolution after all...
Old 10-09-2009, 03:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Not certain, but I recal reading someplace that last one there was something that evolved, which would probably explain why our body doesn't play so well with animal fats..
Actually our bodies cope well with animal fats. Some even say its a essential part of our diet. HUmans have evovled to eat meat. The trouble is, human evolotion hasn't kept up with human advancement. Our whole evolution process has invovled working hard for our meat. Meat was a rare yet important treat. Which some say is the reason behind human obesity. Because meat was so rare our bodies have been taught through thousands of years of leans times to make the most of meat when we get it. If you think about it. modern man has been around for what a million years or so? ANd its really only been for the past 90 or so that we have been to eat our fill at every meal (in the western world. And thats not counting the rich kings,queens, lords etc.). Which is something the human body is just not evolved to do. So really moderate amounts of meat = good for human heatlh. too much = bad, boo hiss. All this crap about humans not suppose to be eating meat is just pure b.s drummed up by orgs like peta.

Quote:
I think somebody may have pointed this out, but if you don't keep your animal in conditions so that it'll become dirty, it's a non issue - if a child rolls around in mud, said child gets washed.
Leaving an animal unclean is an invitation to all manner of infestations and zootosis, which can drastically reduce not only the quality, but also the length of life of the animal.
Though you haven't said you *don't* clean yours, and claim they're taken care of (though you and I differ in our perception there), you've only really said that you think it's dirty, so assuming that's true your actions can't be put down to complete lack of responsibility, though I might question your logic.
Sigh...My dogs are clean. They are well fed. They are wormed reagular times of the year. In general they are very well taken care of. (They have to be as they work for a living.). But still dogs inside a house is just dirty. IN short i see my dogs as just pets something i own. They are not my companions nor my friends. They're just a animal. And yes. I like my dogs, except for when they dig up my yard looking for sand crickets or pull the clothes off my line (strange how they pull off the clothes that cost the most and leave the older stuff alone)I do think they have feelings. And that they deserved to be treated with kindness and affection. Their the best animal in the world really. It's almost like they can read our minds. Like for example when i come home and i see my best shirt laying on the ground. the one who assumably did it gives me a guilty look, and quickly dissapears. But still they're just an animal.