Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-26-2009, 08:52 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbzilla2000 View Post
I will say Left4Dead just the same thing all the way and nothin much to do just shoot but the graphics are amazing and when the infected come running at ya thats great but gets boring after about 1/2 hr of playing it....was mega disapointed with it and was looking forward to that game.
Tottaly agree. I got bored after a while and not scary. BUT the draw was the randomness of the monsters and the random hordes(you would hear them hiss andhear them getting closer SCARY)

I wanted to play siren but it looked kinda hard, seeing as you pretty much had to run and switch between people or something? I appreciate the fact that you're not a badass bc I think most of us arnt gonna be like COME ON YOU MOTHERFUCKERS, I'd be hauling ass and hiding. But trying to get a away (or move in general) in survival horror games isn't the easiest task.

The One game I loved and alot of people didn't was Shenmue for the Dreamcast. Shenmue II for the xbox. I'd buy those consoles just for those two games. Takes place in like Japan 1986 and your dad gets killed and you're looking for the guy, and you know some type of martial art.
You wake up and go around town talking to people going into buildings looking for clues talking to people.You wake up every morning there's day and night and weather effects, and some randoms things, like some guys in a back alley come up to you talking shit and that would start a STE or (something) timed event(a button would pop up and you push it) so your guy would block another button and he'd kick the guy. You would also fight (tekken style) with actual moving around and pushing buttons. Very good graphics and very pretty looking and in depth for it's time. I wish they'd make the third but they wernt too popular.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:39 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
The One game I loved and alot of people didn't was Shenmue for the Dreamcast. Shenmue II for the xbox.
Hell YEAH.
Even if the whole end of #2 was just walking along a big damn path...ha...
There was a third planned, and people are apparently annoying Sega with gumball toys to (Jericho style) make 'em release one...it would sure be nice to see how it would look these days.
#2 ended so damn cliffhanger.

...didn't think they were unpopular though...
Old 01-27-2009, 03:49 AM
Evil Dead

Hell yeah man, didn't think anybody would know about Shenmue....Shenmoo?? Thats how I say it. I read about the Gumball thing. You know its got its fanbase but not popular enough I guess. One Idea was they were going to release a compilation for xbox 360, then just the third game, I wish they would make a box set or something. I actually never finished the second lol, I got stuck for some reason. I traded this kid my slim Ps2 for his old Xbox(just for morrowind and Shenmue 2) It stopped working and I realised how stupid I was so I got it back.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:41 PM
Evil Dead

You remember what part you got stuck at?
Old 01-27-2009, 03:22 PM
Evil Dead

Lets see if I can explain it. I was looking for something inside a room...um I think there were alot of shelves, uh kind of like a store room. I rememeber it was in the town where you met the blind musician, but it's been forever, I hope that helps bc I'm curious. Ryo's friend from the gang, Ren, was waiting outside, or I got locked in or something like that. I think there might have been some kind of little dragon shrine inside the room or something.

Last edited by CrimsonFiend138; 01-27-2009 at 03:27 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:30 PM
Evil Dead

I think I know what you're talking about....you needed part of a medallion or something, and were in a room with a lot of shelves/glass displays?
Something about animals, like a turtle and a phoenix or something like that?
The kinda punk guy you get handcuffed to (before or after) in part of the game is there with you?

Yeah, #2 was harder IMO but both greatly rewarding games. I'd suggest playing through again and looking up a walkthrough on gamefaqs, definately worth seeing through.

I always liked in #1, getting the gumball toys "Hm, I know this!"
Also incorporating specific Sega arcade titles in full version at the arcade was the shit.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:30 PM
Evil Dead

YEAH!!! Thats where I was, and I would get so frusterated because I missed it or something and didn't know where it was, and knowing me it prolly wasn't too hard to get. Yeah with all the glass shelves and stuff. Yeah I really wish I had a computer at the time because I would totally go back and Play 2 with a walkthrough. I just wouldn't want to buy an old xbox for it :(. it would be really sweet if they released them again in a compilation for next gen. HAHA yeah I loved Ryo's talking, he always sounded so tired.

Last edited by CrimsonFiend138; 01-27-2009 at 06:32 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:42 AM
Evil Puppy

Shenmu was a blast, I still own it actually, should turn on the old DC and try playing it again.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:43 AM
Evil Dead

Wow I'm surprised even one person on here knew about it, let alone a whopping TWO, SWEET!! :)...420 updates!! ;)

Last edited by CrimsonFiend138; 01-28-2009 at 08:46 AM.