Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-21-2007, 06:43 AM
Fear scented candle

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
I played it...and I must say its awesome. The number of ways in which you can interact with your environment is brilliant...and they have used the genX physics in pleasantly surprising ways.

The graphics are excellent btw, and so is the sound. This one tops Far Cry by a mile...and that pretty much sums it up.

Pick this up. My recommendation to all avid gamers out there, including Vod, Despare, Cheebs, etc.
PC Gamer gave it a 98%, that is the highest score, ever. They are describing it as pretty much a perfect game.

I was actually on the fence as to whether I would get it or not, but after reading the review, I am drooling for crysis they was I was bioshock (which i have yet to finish, damn hard drive crashed. I would think for $3000, the harddrive would be a bit more stable)
Old 11-22-2007, 01:59 AM
Synthetic Flesh

Crysis was released on Friday here in Australia - picked up a copy straight away.

Graphically, it is amazing. Really amazing.

Bioshock looked great, but being an "inside" game, it doesn't have the same impact of the enormous scope of an "outdoor" game like Crysis.

In Crysis, lots of the environment is destructible. For example, if you are firing your machine gun at an enemy, and there is a palm tree in the way, your gun will cut it down, and it will fall like a real tree does, blocking a path etc.

You do come to realise that not all trees can be cut down, and it loses some of its mystique for this, but it is still a big step forward in realistic environmental modelling.

Also, the landscape is quite rugged, you can get behind a rock wall or a natural trench and practice some stealth against the enemy. You need to be accurate with your weapons.

The AI is not perfect, but it is good.

It does stress a high end system.

I have an E6600 @ 3.6ghz, 2gb 800mhz RAM, 8800GTX and I can play at highest graphics settings @ 1280x1024 without AA on. AA gives a noticeable impact on framerate, to the point that it detracts from gameplay.

I am playing through the single player campaign before going multiplayer, so I can't comment on that yet.

This was a must-have game for me, and I don't regret buying it. I don't feel let down despite the huge amount of hype that came with this game. It really is that good.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:29 AM
Fear scented candle

Crysis

Has anyone played this yet? If you are going to, finish whatever you are playing, play the next couple you were planning on playing, THEN play it.

PC Gamer gave it a 98%, their highest rating ever, and it deserves EVERY POINT.

The gameplay is incredible, the deaths are ridiculously entertaining, the weapons rule. I played a scene last night that resembled a tank battle from a WW2 movie.

There is nothing like sniping north koreans from half a mile off with incindiary rounds while fading from sight like the predator.

If that sounds cool, it is SHIT compared to the actual gameplay. Go get it.

NOW.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:48 AM
Banned

I would love to play this but I ain't shelling out hundreds of dollars to upgrade my machine again.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:52 AM
Fear scented candle

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
I would love to play this but I ain't shelling out hundreds of dollars to upgrade my machine again.
if you can play bioshock or fear you can play Crysis. I have everything turned low, and it is still as beautiful as bioshock. Crytek did an amazing job. The sound is a little stuttery, but damn...
Old 11-19-2008, 08:59 AM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodstok View Post
if you can play bioshock or fear you can play Crysis. I have everything turned low, and it is still as beautiful as bioshock. Crytek did an amazing job. The sound is a little stuttery, but damn...
No they didn't (at least not with the graphics AND coding), the next iteration of the game looks better and requires less horsepower to do so. Crysis is poorly coded and Crytek admitted they could have done a better job with it, making it run better at higher settings. Cool game though, didn't blow me away gameplay wise though.
Old 11-23-2008, 03:18 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
gee, if i had an ultra super computer, I'd get it right away.

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 11-24-2008, 04:41 AM
Fear scented candle

I dont have an ultra super computer and I finished it this weekend. Its an awesome game.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:26 AM
Synthetic Flesh

I got it when it first came out.

I thought it was good. The graphics are obviously amazing. (I can play it at high-very high in DX10 at 1920x1200).

I thought the best parts were the earlier missions against the human enemy. I sort of lost interest when it headed underwater.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:16 PM
Fear scented candle

a lot of reviews marveled on the 0 gravity levels. they were clever and well done, but yeah, offing north koreans was the best part. the final scene on the aircraft carrier was intense though. it felt like a movie.