Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Foreign Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-06-2008, 05:09 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painfulldeath View Post
Kairo. I thought it was pure cow dung. So many questions about the movie because of poor execution of the story....yet I don't care to have them answered. 4/10
Oh, boo. I was looking forward to seeing this one. Pulse was actually one of the few remakes that actually impressed me (it wasn't amazing, but I had absolutely no expectations, so it was easy to exceed) and I was pretty psyched to see the original. Too bad about the bad rating.

Glad that you liked Lady Vengeance! I thought that the end climax... Was just... absolutely incredible... Have you watched Joint Security Area yet? I have it at home from Netflix, but haven't watched it yet. heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
The Great Yokai War by Miike. Cool kids movie with lots of bizarre creatures.
I was really impressed with that film. It was a fun little romp. Not to mention, it was really neat to see Miike to a kid's film. The only problem that I had with the movie (and I realize that this is SO not the fault of the movie) is that I honestly wish that i personally had more of a Japanese cultural context because I spent a lot of the movie intrigued about the Yokai forms and wanting to know the stories and legends behind them. I would have loved to experience the film with that context - I think that I would have appreciated it even more. :D

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 11-06-2008, 06:57 PM
Evil Alive

[QUOTE=ChronoGrl;754593]Oh, boo. I was looking forward to seeing this one. Pulse was actually one of the few remakes that actually impressed me (it wasn't amazing, but I had absolutely no expectations, so it was easy to exceed) and I was pretty psyched to see the original. Too bad about the bad rating.

Glad that you liked Lady Vengeance! I thought that the end climax... Was just... absolutely incredible... Have you watched Joint Security Area yet? I have it at home from Netflix, but haven't watched it yet. heh.

Hey welcome back! It gets kind of lonely in this section sometimes :( . Don't let me be the one to turn you off Kairo... It's the type of film that you will either love or hate and it just wasn't for me. I liked the American Version better (I think that's a first). Definitely check it out for yourself if you still want to.

And I did see JSA. I wrote it on one of my previous posts. It's a really deep, intelligent, political movie. A lot of the actors in The Vengeance Series are in this one too.Just don't expect anything like The Trilogy and I guarantee you'll enjoy it.

Last seen movie: The Ebola Syndrome: I was expecting it to be plain disgusting...which it was. It was also funny as hell! The right amount of cheese and some of the funniest subs ever. I kept chuckling constantly all throughout. 7.5/10.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:23 PM
Cranky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post

I was really impressed with that film. It was a fun little romp. Not to mention, it was really neat to see Miike to a kid's film. The only problem that I had with the movie (and I realize that this is SO not the fault of the movie) is that I honestly wish that i personally had more of a Japanese cultural context because I spent a lot of the movie intrigued about the Yokai forms and wanting to know the stories and legends behind them. I would have loved to experience the film with that context - I think that I would have appreciated it even more. :D
Ahem... ZEBRAMAN!!!!

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 11-06-2008, 07:41 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
And I did see JSA. I wrote it on one of my previous posts. It's a really deep, intelligent, political movie. A lot of the actors in The Vengeance Series are in this one too.Just don't expect anything like The Trilogy and I guarantee you'll enjoy it.
Sorry for missing your previous comments! I can't wait to check that one out.

Quote:
Ahem... ZEBRAMAN!!!!
I'm sorry, which movie are you talking about? :p

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 11-06-2008, 08:44 PM
Cranky

My favorite part of The Great Yokai War was

*************SPOILER ALERT*****************

That one scene where the kid is in the house with that lady with the stretchy neck...all the sudden it got completely surreal- the eyes on the walls and the big face outside... bizarre!

*********************END OF SPOLIER******************

Loved that part!

Old 11-09-2008, 04:30 AM
Evil Alive

Evil Dead Trap : Not your typical J-Horror flick. It had plenty of gore, deaths, traps...even some alien suff going on. I enjoyed the first hour of the movie but then it kind of dragged on. The story totally takes a turn for the worse and by the end you're just wondering "what am I looking at right now?" I wonder if James Wan was inspired by this movie because there's a couple of similarities with this and the Saw Franchise. Overall I give it a 6/10.
Old 11-09-2008, 04:31 AM
Evil Dead

Tokyo Zombie - Kinda entertaining and likebly daft. 6/10

Survive Style 5+ - Offbeat,oddball,stylish and original,I loved it!The film took me completely by surprise,it was funny,bizarre and even quite touching.Recommended 10/10
Old 11-09-2008, 06:01 AM
Cranky

Hey Chrono- don't let one bad rec stop you from seeing Kairo- I loved it!

Old 11-09-2008, 07:44 AM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Hey Chrono- don't let one bad rec stop you from seeing Kairo- I loved it!
I second that recommendation, great film.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:00 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

Quote:
Evil Dead Trap : Not your typical J-Horror flick. It had plenty of gore, deaths, traps...even some alien suff going on. I enjoyed the first hour of the movie but then it kind of dragged on. The story totally takes a turn for the worse and by the end you're just wondering "what am I looking at right now?" I wonder if James Wan was inspired by this movie because there's a couple of similarities with this and the Saw Franchise. Overall I give it a 6/10.
when i saw it it felt like it was influenced heavily by Italian supernatural films to me ... right down the reveal/explaination