Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-15-2008, 05:57 PM
Fear scented candle

FEAR Extraction Point was the last one i beat. The ending was a tad limp compared to the first game, but the game itself was fucking intense.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:37 AM
Evil Dead

Unreal Tournament III

The story isn't that interesting until the end. Passing off CTF, DM and KOTH as a campaign is a bit insulting, but otherwise.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:51 PM
No, fuck YOU

Metal Gear Solid 4
Old 07-20-2008, 12:55 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Metal Gear Solid 4
How was it?? :eek:
Old 07-20-2008, 02:46 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampiricClown View Post
Unreal Tournament III

The story isn't that interesting until the end. Passing off CTF, DM and KOTH as a campaign is a bit insulting, but otherwise.
Damn, there's a story? That's one step above the other UT games haha.
Old 07-20-2008, 05:53 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
Damn, there's a story? That's one step above the other UT games haha.
Yep. It has around....5 or 6, fully animated movies in it. The only cool ones are the first and last though. The others don't amount to a hill of beans.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:30 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
How was it?? :eek:

First half was absolutely perfect. Perfect blend of stealth, action and movie, and some of the movies are really awsome i tell ya.
Actually the first mission, if i'm not mistaking, is the best. The surroundings and especially the sounds are astonishing. Like one of those really well made shoot-em-up war games that are out there.

But from the "Shadow Moses" mission (mission 4 i think) and on it feels like the creators loses their creativity and imagination and i ended up playing something that reminded me of a new neat looking version of the first MGS. A little disappointing.

Also, the story started out great, but soon got deep, very VERY deep. We're talking beyond Final Fantasy here. Mostly because the story centers around the 3 former games, and if you haven't played all the games or just can't remember the story behind each one of them you're just screwed. Just like i was. I quickly decided to stop figuring out the meaning of it all and just played the game, or else i would've been playing with a huge headache.

But the worst part about the story was all the loving they managed to squeez in allover. Even the smallest characters had to have some kind of relationship going on with somebody. It was gross and didn't fit in at all in this game and story. We just don't need that kind of crap in a macho game such as MGS. :mad:

And then there was the voice of Solid Snake. It bothered med instantly. I'm sure they wanted him to sound like a badass Snake Plissken grandpa, but he sounded more like someone choking on his own vomit.

But when a gameplay is as good as this you can forgive a lot. ;)
Old 07-21-2008, 01:36 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
First half was absolutely perfect. Perfect blend of stealth, action and movie, and some of the movies are really awsome i tell ya.
Actually the first mission, if i'm not mistaking, is the best. The surroundings and especially the sounds are astonishing. Like one of those really well made shoot-em-up war games that are out there.

But from the "Shadow Moses" mission (mission 4 i think) and on it feels like the creators loses their creativity and imagination and i ended up playing something that reminded me of a new neat looking version of the first MGS. A little disappointing.

Also, the story started out great, but soon got deep, very VERY deep. We're talking beyond Final Fantasy here. Mostly because the story centers around the 3 former games, and if you haven't played all the games or just can't remember the story behind each one of them you're just screwed. Just like i was. I quickly decided to stop figuring out the meaning of it all and just played the game, or else i would've been playing with a huge headache.

But the worst part about the story was all the loving they managed to squeez in allover. Even the smallest characters had to have some kind of relationship going on with somebody. It was gross and didn't fit in at all in this game and story. We just don't need that kind of crap in a macho game such as MGS. :mad:

And then there was the voice of Solid Snake. It bothered med instantly. I'm sure they wanted him to sound like a badass Snake Plissken grandpa, but he sounded more like someone choking on his own vomit.

But when a gameplay is as good as this you can forgive a lot. ;)
I have all of the MGS games, minus the Ac!d ones. And I played them enough to remember the story from them.

That game, and Resistance would be the only games I would buy a PS3 for. The question for me though, is are two games worth it? :(
Old 07-21-2008, 01:48 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
I have all of the MGS games, minus the Ac!d ones. And I played them enough to remember the story from them.

That game, and Resistance would be the only games I would buy a PS3 for. The question for me though, is are two games worth it? :(

Aaaawwww, i'm sure there will be others.

Resident evil 5 for instance. ;)
Old 07-21-2008, 02:33 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Aaaawwww, i'm sure there will be others.

Resident evil 5 for instance. ;)
I'll be able to get that on 360.

So far, Resistance and MGS4 are the only two exclusive games I've seen/heard about that are any good.

And if I can get the game on 360, I will so I can get the GS points.