Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-24-2007, 10:03 PM
We ride with death tonite

Hhhhmmm, that's an interesting twist. Either way, it should be a great game.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:42 PM
Evil Dead

For fucks sake...I wonder how many people actually had a look at the thread title...in case you missed it, here
GOD
OF
WAR
So please, if you have to indulge in your near gay obsessions for a videogame character that's arguably one of the most effeminate lookin' characters ever, just make another thread, hm?
Devil May Cry was a fine game, not insulting it in any way...having played both my personal preference lies with G.O.W, but they're both completely different types of game, which in my opinion as good a reason as any NOT to compare them...it's called thread derailment, and you'd probably get the shits if someone jacked your DMC thread like this.

No hard feelings, I just see this happen a lot around here...obviously you guys think it's worthy of it's own thread, so, go to it.

RE: The god of war thing...I've not yet played the second one...probably grabbing it pretty soon, I was set to, but got sidetracked...all the same, hows the quality? In which ways does it improve upon the original?
Also...I've heard that there's a PSP god of war game "chains of olympus" coming out, set before the events of the first game, and partiallyt prior to the point he was even an instrument of the gods. Seems like that there'd be some cool storyline potential there. Only problem, not everyone has a PSP. I hope they port this one over the ps2/3 as they did with the GTA side-story games that were originally on psp. It seems as though god of war has become a big enough franchise to warrant the port in this case being a good idea...what do you guys think? will it make it?
Really don't wanna buy a psp, but hell, if ever there WAS a game to buy it for, this here'd come close.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:49 PM
Tonight's the nght.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx View Post
For fucks sake...I wonder how many people actually had a look at the thread title...in case you missed it, here
GOD
OF
WAR
So please, if you have to indulge in your near gay obsessions for a videogame character that's arguably one of the most effeminate lookin' characters ever, just make another thread, hm?
Devil May Cry was a fine game, not insulting it in any way...having played both my personal preference lies with G.O.W, but they're both completely different types of game, which in my opinion as good a reason as any NOT to compare them...it's called thread derailment, and you'd probably get the shits if someone jacked your DMC thread like this.

No hard feelings, I just see this happen a lot around here...obviously you guys think it's worthy of it's own thread, so, go to it.

RE: The god of war thing...I've not yet played the second one...probably grabbing it pretty soon, I was set to, but got sidetracked...all the same, hows the quality? In which ways does it improve upon the original?
Also...I've heard that there's a PSP god of war game "chains of olympus" coming out, set before the events of the first game, and partiallyt prior to the point he was even an instrument of the gods. Seems like that there'd be some cool storyline potential there. Only problem, not everyone has a PSP. I hope they port this one over the ps2/3 as they did with the GTA side-story games that were originally on psp. It seems as though god of war has become a big enough franchise to warrant the port in this case being a good idea...what do you guys think? will it make it?
Really don't wanna buy a psp, but hell, if ever there WAS a game to buy it for, this here'd come close.
Actually i wouldnt care.Biut i wanted to buy god of war 2 is it better then the original?Oh,I would buy the PSP for that game if they released it.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:01 AM
Evil Dead

HA, re-reading my last post seems like you mighta got me on one of my angry days, dante...nothing personal yeah? It's not like I'm with the thread integrity commision or some shit right? I feel kinda like I didn't much have a reason to step in and have a go at you guys...anyways, yeah...that'll happen with me sometimes so don't take this kinda shit from me to heart. Thanks for taking it easier about it than I woulda'.

Anyways yeah...the psp thing, I hate to say it, but if there were no other option, I am a big enough fan of the series (well, first, and what I've seen of the second) to actually buy a psp, if only for this...if there's no other way.
GOW2 Looks prettier (but not a whole lot) than #1, faster, and with a larger variety of things to do. Combat looks largely the same, although there seems to be more things you can use your bladechain things for, grappling, swinging etc...It looks very good, and from what I've read there's more enemies, it's a longer game, and combat has been expanded upon slightly.

Last edited by Phalanx; 05-25-2007 at 04:14 AM.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:37 AM
Tonight's the nght.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx View Post
HA, re-reading my last post seems like you mighta got me on one of my angry days, dante...nothing personal yeah? It's not like I'm with the thread integrity commision or some shit right? I feel kinda like I didn't much have a reason to step in and have a go at you guys...anyways, yeah...that'll happen with me sometimes so don't take this kinda shit from me to heart. Thanks for taking it easier about it than I woulda'.

Anyways yeah...the psp thing, I hate to say it, but if there were no other option, I am a big enough fan of the series (well, first, and what I've seen of the second) to actually buy a psp, if only for this...if there's no other way.
GOW2 Looks prettier (but not a whole lot) than #1, faster, and with a larger variety of things to do. Combat looks largely the same, although there seems to be more things you can use your bladechain things for, grappling, swinging etc...It looks very good, and from what I've read there's more enemies, it's a longer game, and combat has been expanded upon slightly.
Yeah,it's fine,i sesned you were having a bad day.So i didnt want to make it any worse.But fighting is pointless anyway,so is getting mad.But thanks alot.Ill look into it.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:15 AM
Hehehehehe

Send a message via AIM to CryptKeeper13
I've beat both God Of War and God Of War II they are both amazing. Id give the slight edge for storyline purposes to the first one but other than that GOWII is a lot better. They have expanded on the gameplay quite a bit with a new element of gliding and flying on a horse (pegasus I believe). And yes, the graphics are even better one of the best I've seen for PS2. I liked the magic a bit better in the first one, but the magic in the second is pretty cool none the less. Although has anyone heard anything else about the PSP game? Thats crazy I hadn't heard a thing. And as far as Devil May Cry goes I've only beat the first I'm assuming you lot would reccomend the other 2 as well?
Old 05-25-2007, 09:18 AM
Tonight's the nght.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CryptKeeper13 View Post
I've beat both God Of War and God Of War II they are both amazing. Id give the slight edge for storyline purposes to the first one but other than that GOWII is a lot better. They have expanded on the gameplay quite a bit with a new element of gliding and flying on a horse (pegasus I believe). And yes, the graphics are even better one of the best I've seen for PS2. I liked the magic a bit better in the first one, but the magic in the second is pretty cool none the less. Although has anyone heard anything else about the PSP game? Thats crazy I hadn't heard a thing. And as far as Devil May Cry goes I've only beat the first I'm assuming you lot would reccomend the other 2 as well?
Sure therye all great.All must haves for a gamer.