Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-15-2006, 01:36 AM
Clown Slayer

I remember being up late one night when i was 9 or 10, and the trailer for Dawn of the Dead (original) came on. I had never seen Night of the Living Dead, and just had a fear of any "Living dead" movie from what my older brothers had told me. At the end of the trailer they show the zombies burst into the elavator as the doors open...i just curled up into the fetal position.

1. Texas Chainsaw Massacre
2. Halloween
3. Dawn of the Dead (orig.)
4. Halloween II
5. Night of the Livng Dead (orig.)
6. The Evil Dead
7. The Exorcist
8. Alien
9. The Thing
10. Sesson 9
Old 10-15-2006, 06:19 AM
Evil Dead

Inhalien - The commercial you are talking about could have been for "Salem's Lot" timing sounds about right and it was a TV movie, I think a mini series. The vampire was shown at the window kinda floating and looking in. I remember the commercial also.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:49 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to BloodRedFlower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhalien View Post
I remember staying overnight at a friends house and watching horror shows in the basement of his house. Sometime between 1978 - 1981 I remember seeing a commercial for a movie that made my blood run cold. The commercial for a movie showed a man sleeping in bed, being woken up by something at the window, and some ghost-like creature waving it's arms and sheets outside the window. I dont' know why - I was 13 or so - but it scared the crap out of me. Anyone know what movie this might have been? Sometime around 1978 to 1981 or 1982?
That sounds like Salem's Lot (1979). Although I've only seen the most recent version (it sucked), I know that there is a scene where a vampire-child is outside a window, floating and asking to be let in. But it's a child, not exactly a ghost with sheets, so.. not sure.. :confused:
Old 10-17-2006, 07:56 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to BloodRedFlower
It's funny to see that most people got scared from movie comercials. It happened the same with me, I was terrified of watching the adds for Nightmare on Elm Street, I had to leave the room or cover my eyes as soon as I saw it coming. :|

But the first fright I remember was with a movie whose name I STILL don't know!!! There is a woman being chased by a man (maybe it was a slasher) and at some point she gets inside a room and picks up a glass with some fluid in it from a table. She throws it at the man and his face goes all red and disgusting, like his skin had peeled off or burned. I never forgot that scene, it scared the hell out of me and I really wanted to see that movie now, to face that fear.