Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > New Member Lounge
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-20-2003, 05:36 AM
warprophet

it was allredy done in the 60s if im not wrong here, but good ol nosferatu diserves one. id want the same basic plot, the same feeling, violins when stuff happens but better effects and all.
most importantley christopher lee should have some part to play in it.
Old 12-20-2003, 06:14 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Quote:
Originally posted by sniktawt
Deadly Friend would be great updated.
Have it stick more to the book, though.
As long as they keep the basketball scene.:D
Old 12-24-2003, 06:38 AM
Hellraiser

I hope that when you talk about remaking a movie you're talking mainly about updating the effects, cinematography, etc, and not rewriting the doggone story!
If they change the story, it's not a remake, it's a plagary!
I thought "The Entity" was a good movie, but it was weak in the areas of effects and some of the camera work, not to mention much of the acting. Also, some of the old Frankenstein movies, with modern technology, and as long as they don't toss in 20 minutes of gratuitous, hokey sex scenes, just might work, if they stick to the story.
However, one I'd really like to see was an old, obscure movie I only saw once. It was a ghost-type story, that I think was called "The Uninvited". Probably came out in the sixties. All I remember was that it gave me the creeps when I saw it. I think it was something about a woman named Mary who either fell or jumped off a cliff into the ocean, and came back to haunt this house or something like that.
Old 12-24-2003, 06:50 AM
zipperface

Send a message via AIM to HappyCamper Send a message via Yahoo to HappyCamper
i think someone should do a remake of the "Omen" trilogy. i saw the first one when i was younger, and absolutely loved it, and watched all three awhile back, still think there great. I don't know who you would get to play Damien though..any suggestions?
Just listen to this sentence and tell me what it means. I haven't seen Evil Dead II yet? Would you get the impression that i wanted to see it? Oh, well you couldn't have been dying to see it or else you would have already gone. So in your opinion would I definitely see it?
How the fuck should I know probably!
Why? Because it's a brilliant film, it's so funny, and the soundtrack kicks fucking ass!
Old 12-24-2003, 07:44 AM
Hellraiser

The Omen...good choice

Young Damien could be played by David Dorfman (the kid from 'The Ring") He's a pretty good little actor and he looks creepy anyway.

Teen Damien could probably be played by Kerr Smith (Evan in "Final Destination") He'd probably have to play a little younger, so he might not work.

Adult Damien should be played by Jeff Goldblum. He is very versatile, and I think he could get those large eyes to look very evil if he wanted to.
Old 12-24-2003, 08:16 AM
zipperface

Send a message via AIM to HappyCamper Send a message via Yahoo to HappyCamper
Omen remake

i agree with you, about using the kid from 'the Ring' to play Damien in the first 'Omen' remake. Not so sure about Kerr Smith or Jeff Goldblum though. I still think a remake of these films would be good though. Maybe Johanthan Scott Taylor from 'Damien: Omen II' could even make a cameo.
Just listen to this sentence and tell me what it means. I haven't seen Evil Dead II yet? Would you get the impression that i wanted to see it? Oh, well you couldn't have been dying to see it or else you would have already gone. So in your opinion would I definitely see it?
How the fuck should I know probably!
Why? Because it's a brilliant film, it's so funny, and the soundtrack kicks fucking ass!
Old 12-25-2003, 10:46 AM
Hellraiser

Damien, Damien and Damien

Yeah, maybe Taylor could play the adult Damien. I also have to admit that Kerr Smith might not work,. I can't think of who might, though.