Old 11-26-2019, 05:11 PM
This is a test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Rifftrax version? Is it any different?

I enjoyed Kingdom of the Spiders when it debuted on TV. That was enough for me. I do love the fx still of the town covered in webs.

This version is basically some of the guys from Mystery Science theater 3000 doing a funny commentary through the movie. Not everyone's cup of tea but i like it.
Old 11-26-2019, 05:15 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
This version is basically some of the guys from Mystery Science theater 3000 doing a funny commentary through the movie. Not everyone's cup of tea but i like it.
Ah, riff trax, I get it. Love watching MST3k.

Old 12-01-2019, 01:31 AM
Evil Dead

ALIEN (1979). I saw this at a Midnight movie with my Brother after working a 12 hour day (had a callout, so stayed in to cover the shift), was tired and starting to doze in the first half hour with Bro giving Me gentle nudges to keep Me awake and once the big scene in here happened, I was on full alert for the rest of the film.
Compared to ALIENS, there are some long stretches here and honestly, having to be around the NOSTROMO crew would make me yearn for the long nap; not a cozy bunch at all.

Slow it may be, but some great scenes which scared the bejesus out of Me and truly suspenseful towards the end. The sets are amazing and the HR Giger work is impressive. Also like how all the cast went on to great roles after this. ****
Old 12-02-2019, 12:09 PM
Evil Dead

Last Seen Classic Horrors

They recently showed "Cujo," "Christine," the original "Dead Zone," and the original "Pet Semetery" on TV out where I live. We are also getting near the time of year when I watch the original "Black Christmas" with John Saxon and Margot Kidder again, and not the remake!
Old 12-04-2019, 01:55 AM
Evil Dead

SLAUGHTERHOUSE-FIVE (1972). The story is truly out there about a traumatized WW2 vet who develops an ability to time travel to the past, the future and even Outer Space! But if You can stick with it, S5 is truly worth watching. It's certainly off the wall enough and some of the best film editing I've ever seen with good performances by Michael Sacks (THE SUGARLAND EXPRESS), Eugene Roche (many films/TV) and a young adorably cheerful Valerie Perrine. ***1/2
Old 12-22-2019, 06:39 PM
病気の

An American Christmas Carol, 1979

Thumb resize.
Old 12-29-2019, 05:53 AM
Evil Dead

Near Dark turned out to be a slow burner that shined towards the end. One of Bill Paxton's better roles imo and Lance Henriksen is always a badass.
Old 12-29-2019, 07:08 AM
Evil Dead

Cool

I finally got to look back at the original "Black Christmas" with John Saxon and Margot Kidder! That one is still one of the scariest and most intense out of the Christmas horror films! It also gives the term "old school done right artsy and gory" brand new meaning. That's not to mention Margot Kidder's death scene is like something out of a Dario Argento, Lucio Fulci, Mario Bava, or Unberto Lenzi cult classic from the 1970s or 1980s! The obscene phone calls from inside the house are also where the writers of "When A Stranger Calls" got their idea from!
Old 12-30-2019, 05:38 AM
This is a test

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic_horror_fan View Post
I finally got to look back at the original "Black Christmas" with John Saxon and Margot Kidder! That one is still one of the scariest and most intense out of the Christmas horror films! It also gives the term "old school done right artsy and gory" brand new meaning. That's not to mention Margot Kidder's death scene is like something out of a Dario Argento, Lucio Fulci, Mario Bava, or Unberto Lenzi cult classic from the 1970s or 1980s! The obscene phone calls from inside the house are also where the writers of "When A Stranger Calls" got their idea from!
A solid favorite for sure!
Old 12-31-2019, 05:17 AM
Evil Dead

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
A solid favorite for sure!
Yep! I just showed my girlfriend that one last night, and she agreed it is definitely one of the best out of both the Christmas horror genre and the classic horror genre! I have seen and enjoyed a lot of the "Silent Night, Deadly Night," "Silent Night, Bloody Night," "Terror In Toyland," "Mrs. Claus," "Gremlins," "Krampus" films, along with loose sequels and prequels with a lot of them being good, but there is just something the original "Black Christmas" has that the others don't, making it stand out from the rest.