Old 04-28-2019, 02:24 AM
Evil Dead

A QUIET PLACE (2018). Thought this was pretty good and somewhat amused at all the slams from IMBD, particularly about the waterfall, the nail, lack of military success, the kids etc. Very suspenseful and good job by Krasinski. ***1/2
Old 04-28-2019, 04:49 AM
Evil is Better

The Wind

This was disappointing. Being compared to The Witch and The Babadook, i expected something really good but this is nothing compared to those movies. The story is interesting enough and there was definitely potential to be something great but it falls flat on delivery. The visuals and the sound are done really well especially the wind aspects but it lacks a compelling narrative. The fact that its played out of order doesn't do it any justice either.

5/10

Old 04-28-2019, 04:53 AM
Evil Dead

Seed Of Chucky: Silly, but funny at times and over all an entertaining watch. Pretty much what you would expect from a Chucky-film.

The Room: Finally saw this flick. If you go in expecting the right things, it delivers on every level: the dialogue, the delivery, the story,... Can you make a joke about this that has not already been made? How Tommy Wiseau looks like a badly done wax sculpture of Gene Simmons? Or how this movie was an improvised excuse to cover up a sex tape (thank you, Doug Walker)?
Old 04-28-2019, 05:01 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
A QUIET PLACE (2018). Thought this was pretty good and somewhat amused at all the slams from IMBD, particularly about the waterfall, the nail, lack of military success, the kids etc. Very suspenseful and good job by Krasinski. ***1/2
Now that you mention it. Movie soldiers are always so good at this fingure gesturing, yet now it does not seem to help them all that much.
Old 04-28-2019, 09:34 AM
病気の

The Bad Man, 2018. 7/10

Director: Scott Schirmer

Old 04-30-2019, 02:15 AM
That fucking Guy...

Avengers: Endgame

Good watch. Probably my favourite of all the Avengers films.
Seemed like a few characters too many, leaving some with little to do...but that's understandable.
It was interesting...when they say don't spoil it...there is SO much to not spoil.
So I'll just say...if you've watched them up to this point, you won't be disappointed.
Old 04-30-2019, 09:57 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Jarvis View Post

The Room: Finally saw this flick. If you go in expecting the right things, it delivers on every level: the dialogue, the delivery, the story,... Can you make a joke about this that has not already been made? How Tommy Wiseau looks like a badly done wax sculpture of Gene Simmons? Or how this movie was an improvised excuse to cover up a sex tape (thank you, Doug Walker)?
I honestly thought the score was quite good. Sounded like something taken out of a training session in Kickboxer.

But except from that, I had a better time watching The Nostalgia Critic review than the actual movie. The story is just so damn ridiculously dull.
Old 04-30-2019, 10:00 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
The Wind

This was disappointing. Being compared to The Witch and The Babadook, i expected something really good but this is nothing compared to those movies. The story is interesting enough and there was definitely potential to be something great but it falls flat on delivery. The visuals and the sound are done really well especially the wind aspects but it lacks a compelling narrative. The fact that its played out of order doesn't do it any justice either.

5/10
Dull, dull, dull. I gave up watching after half an hour.

Was there a single dialogue in that movie?
Old 05-01-2019, 12:53 AM
Immortal horror fan

Black Swan -

I'm not sure how much I like this one. I thought it was going to be a horror movie. It's more psychological horror. I understand why so many in Hollywood would like this sort of thing. It's about the pretty perfect girl going to a dark place. And people see the lead actress as the nice girl. But I think she's always had a bit of darkness about her. At least in some of the interviews I've read. And also that harsh but funny rap video she did a while back. It seems like she tries for those dark roles to make people think she's not a goodie type.

I thought the movie would go to a darker place than it did. But I feel that I've seen this movie before. At least the themes. I love the effects though. The movie reminded me of a better made Sucker Punch. Which had a similar ballet setting with dark stuff going on. But that wasn't as grounded as Black Swan so many in Hollywood dismissed it as young girls doing cartoonish stuff. But it's almost the same sort of thing. Both seem to be influenced by Japanese animation stories. But not that many in Hollywood take notice of Japanese animation anyway unless they are remaking it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post

The X Files: I Want to Believe (2008)
7/10

A psychic priest helps Mulder, Scully and FBI with a deadly missing persons case. Pretty good film. I enjoyed it. The ending wasn't perfectly clear to me, needed more exposition, but maybe I was looking for more than was there.

Not sure what the prior harsh reviews were for. Maybe just unmet expectations. It's a crime drama with supernatural, suspense and horror aspects, as opposed to sci-fi, sci-fi effects and humor. It does severely undeploy the natural comedic talents of the stars, but of course too much of that can wreck the serious horror tones.
Did you like the camera wave ending? I think that's in the director's cut. But seriously, it's just that for what was supposed to be the final X-Files movie I think at the time. It wasn't a very good movie on its own. The characters became silly and it just felt lame. That it was something they could have shown in a TV episode. And there are far better X-Files episodes than that movie.
Old 05-01-2019, 01:08 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
I honestly thought the score was quite good. Sounded like something taken out of a training session in Kickboxer.

But except from that, I had a better time watching The Nostalgia Critic review than the actual movie. The story is just so damn ridiculously dull.
Well, that's what I meant with "the right expectations".

I went in ready to cackle my ass off at the general silliness and stupidity of the film. And I had a good time.

But I also liked NC's review. And the Cinema Sins video.

Tags
movie