Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-02-2019, 09:41 PM
Evil Dead

Red Christmas was an enjoyable flick. It built up the tension well and I did not really expect the ending to be as it is.

One thing I'm not really sure of is the film's stance on the subject: is it really pro or anti abortion? Or neither?
Old 01-03-2019, 02:03 AM
Banned

I would like to rephrase what I said earlier about subconscious cruelty. My words were harsh and possibly even taken as aggression. I would first like to apologize. As human beings I realize we are able to interpret art in whatever way we would like. I know there are some people that aren't affected by such imagery and some people get Beyond offended and then there are some who just can't watch it because it hits really tender emotions. As I previously stated, the baby scene in a Serbian film was just so silly the way it was done it didn't really affect me but with this where despite it obviously being a fake baby, being ripped from its mother's womb only to be held in front of her face and have it stabbed repeatedly by her brother, the father. Does that part strike a nerve? Yeah, it does, but that's not what bothers me. What bothers me is the fact that they had to add such extreme detail as to Heaven blood dripping from the baby's body onto the mother's face while she is screaming and then suddenly Blood start squirting out of where an artery would be and even despite all of this, before her brother even impregnated her, she was pregnant with someone else's child in which he basically munged it to death and then reached in and ripped out the remainder of the Dead fetus.

As I said, it's art and we as human beings are allowed to accept or deny whatever we like. The censorship is not what this is about. I am totally Dead Set against censorship whether if it's something I agree with or like or not. What I am concerned about is the effect these things are having on Humanity. This film was made in 2001 and when I found it on popcorn time, today being the first time I ever heard of it actually, the artwork was the two disc special edition DVD. Two disc special edition DVD... not only do I think this film doesn't even need or deserve a second disc, being beside the point, the fact that this movie would hold such popularity that it would prompt a second disc disturbs me. If you ask me, people who are turned on by this sort of thing or get enjoyment from watching this should seek help. I'm not saying that to be rude or to be confrontational, I'm saying that because something is horribly wrong with this world and it scares the hell out of me. Looking back at human history, at least what is documented, all empires have Rose and fell throughout time and go ahead and add your extra cliche. Yes, Empires rise and fall but we always learned from the previous mistakes and the world kept going on. Empires don't stretch the entire world, only Their Kingdoms or territories. What I am getting at is everything outside the Empire, life, goes on and it has went on but ever since the world wars Society has began to decline. Yes we are thriving technologically but that's not good enough. If anything, a lot of the technology is making the human race weaker, more feeble-minded and lazier. We are slaves to our phones or some sort of technology that is completely making us devolve in the most important ways. We are losing certain social skills, we are losing certain physical activities, we are lacking certain nutrition, education, life lessons, Etc.

To get back on point, at what point does the human race really decide to resort to presenting such filth and shame and disgrace in such mediums that the public I would notice and be inspired whether it be in a creative way or something dark. Is this really what we want? Is this really what we have become?
Old 01-03-2019, 02:25 AM
That fucking Guy...

Sounds toy.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:08 AM
Banned

I'm not sure what that means, but I'm going to take it as a sarcastic titty slap. I am discovering so much about myself. I am extremely opinionated but I'm starting to think maybe that's a good thing,
Old 01-03-2019, 08:23 AM
HDC Resident Serial Killa

Send a message via Yahoo to Freak
Anybody who enjoys or participates ina film about torturing babies is a piece of trash. It’s purely for shock value and they do it cause the rest of the film is literal trash so they put something it to make people talk about it. I understand the need to make your film standout and generate word of mouth but there are better ways to do so.

And if you think these kinds of movies are in anyway good films I suggest you immediately go see a therapist and should legally be required to stay away from children.

Now all this is just my thoughts and opinions and I would say sorry for offending anybody but I’m not.
Old 01-03-2019, 10:12 AM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Jarvis View Post
Red Christmas was an enjoyable flick. It built up the tension well and I did not really expect the ending to be as it is.

One thing I'm not really sure of is the film's stance on the subject: is it really pro or anti abortion? Or neither?
I haven't seen Red Christmas, but I remember having a discussion with a friend whether Eraserhead was anti or pro abortion. We thought the opposite. It's probably the case the film presents the issue well enough that the individual audience member sees the response to the situation as plain. In Red Christmas or Eraserhead, the film maker probably intends it one way, but also is purposely being non-direct, if not ambiguous.

Old 01-03-2019, 12:20 PM
No, fuck YOU

“Green Book” 8/10

The IMDB rating isn’t wrong on this one. It’s a good movie with great performances.
Old 01-03-2019, 03:13 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
I'm not sure what that means, but I'm going to take it as a sarcastic titty slap. I am discovering so much about myself. I am extremely opinionated but I'm starting to think maybe that's a good thing,
No, I mean the movie sounds toy...like...try-hard bullshit. Basic, novice level shit.

So I watched the rest of Birdbox a couple days ago.
It's pretty decent.
I felt as though it fizzled slightly towards the end - I feel like the "in the house" stuff was much more scary than the journey.
It does give you tension.
It does give you well acted scenes.
Good atmosphere.
Thought provoking.
Overall though to be honest as a horror film I'd give this maybe a 6.5/10
This "Most terrifying movie" shit is clear hype.
I'd recommend people see it though.
Sandra Bullock has actually aged pretty damn well.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:38 PM
Evil Dead

TOMBSTONE (1993). Kurt Russell and Val Kilmer are terrific as Wyatt Earp and Doc Holliday respectively and despite the town/people looking remarkably clean for that era, this is a Grade A western with an excellent supporting cast. ****1/2

Have any of the HDC clan seen WYATT EARP with Kevin Costner and offer thoughts? My wife wants to shop and compare Earps...like Kurt in just about anything, but Kevin hasn't really impressed me...Thanks!
Old 01-04-2019, 01:22 AM
That fucking Guy...

Wyatt Earp is the "better" movie, Tombstone was more entertaining though I thought.

Tags
movie