Old 08-15-2017, 02:00 PM
Evil Dead

"The Dark Tower"
-Idris Elba

Plot: IMDB
Roland Deschain (Idris Elba), the last Gunslinger, is locked in an eternal battle with Walter O'Dim (Matthew McConaughey), also known as the Man in Black. The Gunslinger must prevent the Man in Black from toppling the Dark Tower, the key that holds the universe together. With the fate of worlds at stake, two men collide in the ultimate battle between good and evil.

Phantom's Review:
If your a Stephen King fan, a "Purist" of his work, then I highly recommend that you skip this film, save yourself the headache. If you have never read the books or your the type of fan who just accepts the fact that Hollywood will rarely ever do King right, then maybe you'll get some enjoyment out of this short (95 minutes) , somewhat standard Hollywood film. For me, the film was a disappointment. I enjoyed 'The Dark Tower' novels and was looking forward to seeing them on the big screen, but this is definitely not was I was hoping for. The filmmakers took bits and pieces from a massive 8 volume series, threw most of the books away and put together this hodge podge sci-fi western. Idris Elba does his best as 'Roland, The Last Gunslinger' but he doesn't have a whole lot to work with. Mathew McConaughey fares slightly better as the villain 'Walter, The Man In Black' , but again there is just not a whole lot to work from. Overall, a huge disappointment.
Old 08-15-2017, 02:06 PM
This is a test

OFFICIAL DENIAL 1994

Even my "contemporary" films are old, lol. A man whose life has been turned upside down when he tries to convince people he was abducted by aliens, is finally vindicated when he's proven right. Pretty sure this was probably a made for TV movie but it was alright.
Old 08-15-2017, 04:48 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
OFFICIAL DENIAL 1994

Even my "contemporary" films are old, lol. A man whose life has been turned upside down when he tries to convince people he was abducted by aliens, is finally vindicated when he's proven right. Pretty sure this was probably a made for TV movie but it was alright.
Did it give you some flashbacks from when you were abducted by "the interspatial entities"?

Old 08-15-2017, 05:02 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post
Evil Dead

Here we go. THE REMAKE. Christ, this is sad. There's soooo much subplot with the main characters who are siblings and backstory we don't know or give a shit about cause we all know everyone's going to die anyway. It just takes away from the story and makes the other characters look like assholes when really they're all just fucking awful.

The only thing going for it is the effects, which are nice and bloody. I of course vote for the original on which is better, but blood effects in it were not the most convincing. But then again the original didn't have pointless animal death, so fuck this movie.

And as always, if you find a book wrapped in black plastic and bound tight with barbwire like a birthday present to Satan, DON'T. FUCKING. OPEN IT.
Ya, I only saw this once with an old Evil Dead 1&2 fan buddy, and we didn't like it. I remember rolling my eyes when... all these dangerous supernatural things start happening to the group, and one of the guys tells the group he found this Book of the Dead and he wants to tell them something to help the situation... and then the chic says, "Shut up, Trevor!" or whatever his name was. I guess that's what young people say these days to important info.

Old 08-16-2017, 04:40 AM
This is a test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Did it give you some flashbacks from when you were abducted by "the interspatial entities"?

I WANT TO BELIEVE
Old 08-16-2017, 11:46 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Killing Ground (2016)

>>: B
Old 08-17-2017, 04:15 AM
This is a test

THE HAUNTING 1991

A movie based on the haunting of the Smurl Family in the 1980's. It was investigated by Ed and Lorraine Warren and I think may be featured in The Conjuring 3.

It was good. Some good chills.

Last edited by Bloof; 08-17-2017 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Update
Old 08-17-2017, 11:23 AM
Penthouse Pauper

Pee-wee's Big Holiday-2016.
Old 08-18-2017, 01:04 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Sweet, Sweet Lonely Girl (2016)

>>: B-
Old 08-18-2017, 09:35 AM
Evil Dead

Evil Dead 2