Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-23-2004, 08:05 PM
Talien

Are You Ready for the Zombie Apocalypse?

HOLBROOKLYN, NJ – The National Center for Reanimation Prevention and Control (NCRPC) unveiled its new web site to the public yesterday with useful tips and resources for prospective zombie hunters.

The NCRPC home page, located at http://michael.tresca.net/ncrpchome.html contains Health & Safety Topics, Publications & Products, Data & Statistics, Programs & Campaigns and Conferences & Events. Featured items include "Fight the Bite!", "Zombie apocalypse?" and "Got chainsaw?"

"We're extremely excited to reveal this new web site," said NCRPC director Larry Larkovitz. "There are quite a few other anti-zombie organizations on the Internet, but none of them are government funded. Citizens need to have a source for zombie slaying that they can trust. We believe the web site fulfills that need and simultaneously educates and entertains the public."

Larkovitz did not comment on the rumor that the web site's affiliation with the recent d20 Modern RPG supplement, Blood and Brains: The Zombie Hunter's Guide.

# # #

ABOUT THE NATIONAL CENTER FOR REANIMATION PREVENTION AND CONTROL

The National Center for Reanimation Prevention and Control (NCRPC) prevents death and reanimation caused by infectious diseases in the United States and around the world. Uncontrolled reanimation has the ability to destroy lives, strain community resources, and even threaten nations. In today's global environment, reanimation contagions have the potential to spread across the world in a matter of days or even hours, making early detection and action more important than ever. The NCRPC plays a critical role in controlling these reanimations, traveling at a moment's notice to investigate and suppress outbreaks abroad or at home. NCRPC Headquarters is currently located in Holbrooklyn, NJ. In addition to its field offices across the United States, the NCRPC has 45 offices located around the world.

To learn more about the NCRPC and how you can prevent reanimation outbreaks, visit our website at http://michael.tresca.net/ncrpchome.html .
Old 07-23-2004, 08:54 PM
Tonight belongs to HIM

And why is this in the games section? And what the hell does it mean?
Old 08-09-2004, 01:32 AM
Death wants you!Yeah you!

Send a message via AIM to dantehorrorfan
..........uh......ok
Old 08-09-2004, 05:45 AM
Fear scented candle

":HEy everyone, come see my website! I want hits, but i dont really care what you think, just come so my advertisers will give me money and you can stoke my ego with your curiosity. i will come to your board, spam this once or twice, maybe ask why you are givinh me attitude, then never return, because i am just a self centered whore."

Dude, dont spam us with this shit. igf you actually stuck around and got to know the people here, i would GARUNTEE hits on your site, but now, your post will go ignored, except for flames.
Old 08-09-2004, 06:08 AM
Returning after eternity.

Die. Go away. Take your advertising elsewhere, you fucking piece of shit.

Get it?
Old 10-27-2004, 07:19 PM
Talien

Quote:
Originally posted by Hate_Breeder
And why is this in the games section? And what the hell does it mean?
It's in the games section because it's a supplement for the D20 Modern role-playing game. That's a pen-and-paper type of game.

Should I be choked with irony that someone named Hate_Breeder posted the most polite response? >:)
Old 10-27-2004, 07:26 PM
Talien

Quote:
Originally posted by Vodstok
":HEy everyone, come see my website! I want hits, but i dont really care what you think, just come so my advertisers will give me money and you can stoke my ego with your curiosity. i will come to your board, spam this once or twice, maybe ask why you are givinh me attitude, then never return, because i am just a self centered whore."

Dude, dont spam us with this shit. igf you actually stuck around and got to know the people here, i would GARUNTEE hits on your site, but now, your post will go ignored, except for flames.
I wish I could say I had "advertisers." If you mean links to Amazon.com, yeah that's true. If you mean some kind of plan to boost hits that I get paid a per cent hit rate for, alas no. In fact, it would probably pay me better than the book I'm advertising. :)

I don't need an ego stroke from a web site. No really. The point of the site is to talk about zombies (which it does) and to advertise the RPG I wrote, Blood and Brains: The Zombie Hunter's Guide.

I'm working on another book, Blood and Spooks: The Ghost Hunter's Guide, that should be out next month.

Near as I can tell, this being the games section and all, it's entirely relevant. The fact that the post actually has horror relevance and links to myriad of other sites as well as provide actual content about zombies really does make this a legitimate post.

Fear not, I'm not going to ask why you're giving me attitude. On the other hand, just flaming me really just keeps boosting the hits to this thread, so it all seems really counterproductive.

I'm pretty sure my original post wasn't offensive. I'm pretty sure the original post was relevant to the section it was posted in. The fact that my first post was an advertisement for a relevant site on the games section seems entirely legit to me.

Or maybe I'm missing something and this post will be removed.
Old 10-27-2004, 08:02 PM
Evil Dead

Arrow like evrything else i am indifferent

i like your site. fix your title linne on your ncrpchome.html file. i am a huge zombie fan and have a flick in the works. anyone who spends their own time working with the subject, be it a game or a movie or whatnot, it comes down to the fact it is all fiction and nothing to get too worked up over (unless of course it is a sequel to that god awful house of the dead movie in which case the people involved should be used for soilent green!).

you might want to take the vanity part off your index as far as relation to resumes and possible publishers. i like the got chainsaw section. i might check out your game, but i like all flesh must be eaten! but above all i am a loyal white wolf guy!

"let them hate, provided they fear" -seneca