Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Horror Fiction Posts
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-20-2005, 04:12 AM
Fear scented candle

Critique me

I am placing myself in your hands people. I am interested to see what everyone thinks about the two stories i have online:

Bearwood
Father Dillon's Funeral

Im kind of looking for a film-critic's view of these, if the flow is good, is there enough character developement fo rthe right characters, etc. It suddenly occurred to me that i level a lot of judgenment toward film writers, and i like to be a "Practice what you preach" kind of guy.
Old 01-23-2005, 09:04 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Ill step up to the plate.

I throughly enjoyed both of these stories. Very engrossing, I wasnt all to interested when forst reading Bearfoot, yet your unique style of writing kept me reading on, until I was too hooked to stop. It would have been nice to have had the physical description of Glen closer to the 1st, the rest of the setting was beautifuly described, I could see it as clearly as looking out my window. But until nearly halfway through the story, Glen was merely a nondescript, generic looking man, as I had no way of knowing how he looked. Personally, I much prefered Bearfoot over Father Dillon's Funeral, but both were very enjoyable. Bearwood was much more original I thought. Im looking forward to reading more of your work [Im about to start reading Gloom:cool: ]
Old 01-27-2005, 06:31 AM
Fear scented candle

Thanks :) I'm really hoping i am as good as everyone says and that people dont like what i've written because they think im a nice guy. Actually, i wouldnt mind some feedback from someone who otherwise thinks im an asshole.

I';m glad yuou liekd Bearwood. That was actually the first short story i ever wrote (i was 19 i think). Father Dillon's Funeral was written specifically to be a "night of the living dead" clone. I'm just glad i was able to put my own little twist on it :)