Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-12-2003, 09:03 PM
Hellraiser

ghosts or demons

ok now let me explain. first i dont to start an argument between christians and non christians, so when i say demons i mean a being that is not of this plane, and that did not begin as a human, but is mischievous in nature or just downright mean. i also would ask you to suspend any disbelief you may have in so-called "psychics" for the duration of this thread. now to my topic. do you think that when "psychics" ,john edwards, sylvia brown, etc... make contact with the "other side" , do you think they are actually talking to "ghosts" or demons. i mean a demon would know as much about you as a ghost would, i would think, and if they are do you think that the demons are using them in some elaborate scheme. what im really asking is do you think a demon could place a thought in your head and make you think you are a psychic. what are your thoughts, and please dont cop out and just say you dont believe, because thats just boring.
Old 11-12-2003, 09:18 PM
Evil Bitch From HELL

Shit thats a good question.. i guess it's possible never really thought about it on that level before. I always figured it was kinda crap anyways( john Edwards..sylvia brown..etc).. But I do believe there are people that have communicated with the dead. It would only make since to think we are all a part of a larger scheme.. I guess just as much to demons and their opposites. What would be the larger scheme though? False hope? half the time on tv its about trivial family crap...what way would a demon have to benifit from that kinda stuff? Not sure, but you cant believe there is something good unless you believe there is something evil( or bad)..Balance ...so I guess John Ewards could have sold his sole for a spot of tv and the demon gives him his information..not sure but some how I think Mostly likely not..it's just pre-staged..crap..just an opinion.:)
Old 11-13-2003, 05:52 AM
Hellraiser

yeah i think its crap too, just thought id ask, thanks for the response though.
Old 11-13-2003, 08:38 AM
Living Dead

Send a message via AIM to VenomX
I like to believe that my dead friends and family have better things to do than hang around me all day. If I died, I would spend eternity haunting a nudie bar
Old 11-13-2003, 09:28 AM
King of Klowns

Send a message via AIM to Killer Clown#1
Who knows maybe there is a battle going on between good and evil that we just can't see:confused: and if there is then I don't think any body will win because we have yet to see hell on earth.
Old 11-13-2003, 03:13 PM
Evil Bitch From HELL

Hell on Earth...hehehehe didnt you know this was a "LIVING" hell.
There has got to be something better after you die shit all the crap you go through and deal with while living.....I know its "The Trials and Tribulations" of life....but come on sometimes it just SUCKS.
Would be kinda cool to haunt some people though....really #1 entertainment..hehehehe:D
Old 11-14-2003, 03:27 PM
Evil Dead

IMO John and Sylvia are a load of fucking horse shit!!!

BUT I do believe in supernatural (demons & good spirits).. But I sure as hell dont believe they are talking to some old bitch that smokes 10 packs a day and some dumb ass guy that talks through his two front teeth ...

Fulci Lives!!!!
Old 11-15-2003, 03:16 AM
Hellraiser

well... when i was growing up i was taught that ghosts were very different from demons. ghosts are kinda like a recording that plays over and over at a certain time and place, but they never communicated with anyone living because they were just an imprint in that area and weren't aware of any living being around them. demons on the other hand were something different, they could communicate with the living but they were tricky and evil. they could take other forms, like that of a loved one who passed away. then they would use that image and communicate to gain a person's trust but eventually they would turn and harm them.
i've often heard about people having their bodies stolen... kinda like a possession but instead of an evil entity invading you, they just kick you out of your body and take it, leaving you a "spirit" and stuck in this plane of existance. i'm not sure if it's true or not, but it might explain why some people like John and Sylvia claim to speak to the "dead". they could just be talkin to ousted spirits who have no physical body anymore.
but who knows?
i do believe that some people have a "gift" that enables them to speak to the dead or spirits, but i don't believe that they turn it into a cash cow... so maybe John and Sylvia or others who gain a profit from using people's memories and emotions are being "influenced" by demons. :p
Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suite on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrasment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life.
But why would I want to do a thing like that?
Old 11-15-2003, 02:11 PM
Horror Fan

I don't think John Edwards or that other guy are talking to anyone. I've heard they through out little details in the audience and then exploit whoever matches one. Kinda mean, really.
Old 11-17-2003, 10:50 PM
Evil Bitch From HELL

I do believe shows like these gave the tv the nick name the boob tube....