Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-01-2005, 04:20 PM
BH14

Review: Monster Man/ Close Your Eyes

I picked up Monster Man... I read a couple good reviews about it... Its suppose to be like a cross between TCM/Joy Ride. They also said it was a funny movie... A creature chasing down people in a big ass monster truck... Thats awesome and sounds like the good old corny 80's movies. I'll review this later tonight.

Did anybody see Visnjic's "Close Your Eyes"?? The plot sounds interesting and the box cover is like covered in great reviews such as Ebert and Roeper.... Someone even called it a cross between Silence of the Lambs and Scanners. I'll review this movie as well later...

Anybody else see these movies and what did you think without spoiling???

ht tp://www.chasingthefrog.com/catalog/my_movies.php?username=sirbflo114

Last edited by BH14; 07-01-2005 at 04:25 PM.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:12 PM
BH14

Just saw "Monster Man".... This movie was good and is worth a rent.... Its not a suspense driven serious movie.... What is it?? Its a Shaun of the Dead type COMEDY HORROR but not as funny but more gory... You will still laugh at many parts of the movie but sometimes you will think it was lil overdone. The acting is what you expect from a B movie but a little better than i thought. There is a Jack Black type of character and he was good. There is also a very hott girl for eye candy which doesnt hurt.... This movie is more than just a mad max type monster truck chasing people and you may like it if you enjoy Gore/Comedy mix..... This isnt the most original movie because after you see it... You will know that it got the ideas from many classic horror movies and even Joy Ride which i liked. However, you can still enjoy it. Check this movie out.... I really thought the end was great... Be prepared for tons of gore though. Personally, I like pyschological horrors over gore movies and I still liked this movie. I give it a 7.5/10.

ht tp://www.chasingthefrog.com/catalog/my_movies.php?username=sirbflo114