Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-26-2007, 02:42 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
the Darkness

This is my first game for my 360, and it fucking kicks ass.
Mafia mixed with demons. Free roaming new york city First person Shooter. i swear. everybody needs check it out. this is an ultra-violent masterpiece., its expansive and highly interactive.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/acti...g=tabs;summary

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 12-28-2007, 06:30 PM
Therapy?

I just finished it, I loved it. Don't know why the critics thought it was so bad... :(

I give this game a ten on ten for the demon arm alone. The voice acting was also amazing.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:01 AM
Evil Dead

critics dont hate it.
all the reviews ive seen have been in the 8/10 range.

Old 01-02-2008, 05:47 PM
Evil Dead

I almost picked this up, but I believe I will wait awhile before purchasing anymore games.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:32 PM
Evil Puppy

I've only played the demo but I really enjoyed it, I'll be picking it up for sure.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:00 AM
HDC Idol

I don't generally resurrect old threads, but this game has come highly recommended from Mothman and VC and, well, I want to hear more about it.

What are its strengths? What are its weaknesses?

I'm currently looking for a new Xbox360 game... Just beat Bioshock which was possibly one of the best video games I have ever played (regardless of system). I bought Assassin's Creed but, as I mentioned before I thought it beautiful, a huge massive world, but no side quests or options to explore or do anything but kill soldiers.

I started with Mass Effect and it just didn't grab me right away... It could get better but I am honestly surprised that it didn't snag me from the getgo.

Is The Darkness that game that I'm looking for? It's one thing to read reviews, but I like hearing feedback from you guys too. Personally, I thought that the reviews for Mass Effect was off; wish I had reached out to you guys first.

So. Anyway. The Darkness. Tell me about it. I'm intrigued.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 07-13-2008, 10:14 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
I don't generally resurrect old threads, but this game has come highly recommended from Mothman and VC and, well, I want to hear more about it.

What are its strengths? What are its weaknesses?

I'm currently looking for a new Xbox360 game... Just beat Bioshock which was possibly one of the best video games I have ever played (regardless of system). I bought Assassin's Creed but, as I mentioned before I thought it beautiful, a huge massive world, but no side quests or options to explore or do anything but kill soldiers.

I started with Mass Effect and it just didn't grab me right away... It could get better but I am honestly surprised that it didn't snag me from the getgo.

Is The Darkness that game that I'm looking for? It's one thing to read reviews, but I like hearing feedback from you guys too. Personally, I thought that the reviews for Mass Effect was off; wish I had reached out to you guys first.

So. Anyway. The Darkness. Tell me about it. I'm intrigued.
Personally, I found it to be a lot like Bioshock. From the visuals, to the control, to the way everything flowed.

It's a lot of action, but at the same time, it has a developing story, and it's something I enjoyed a lot. I'll put it this way, after I beat Bioshock, none of the other games I have really compared. This one, I wound up, every night for a week, playing this until 3am. And I quit because I was about to pass out.

This one held my attention, as much or more than Bioshock. This one is a little darker (it's a mafia game, what do you expect?), but it's just as satisfying.

As far as the things I didn't like about it...Well...It ended...And the fact that a lot of the time you're playing, you're walking from point A to point B. It's not that bad, because it's driving you into the action. It's pretty fast paced, but some points in it, are a little slow. The same with Bioshock I suppose.

As far as good things...Everything but the bad things. :D
Old 07-13-2008, 02:57 PM
Evil Dead

its te greatest shooter ive ever played on a console. Awesome, unrelenting gunplay, up close exucution moves never get old. Spawn evil minions with wielding axes or chainsaws (if i remember correctly) to do your dirty work, impale people with your tentacles, have the darkness eat their hearts to improve itself ( which also never gets old.) , and along with all this, gorgeous graphics. do me a favor, watch both of these, it will have you sold for sure. heart devouring video http://youtube.com/watch?v=d-mLpvEHFGs&feature=related and execution move video http://youtube.com/watch?v=2xtdRORyvBo

Vamp is right, there are some slow parts, but not many, and there more than enough to make up for it.

Chrono, i may have misled you with Mass Effect, but not with this one.

Last edited by The Mothman; 07-13-2008 at 03:57 PM.
Old 07-13-2008, 03:06 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mothman View Post
its te greatest shooter ive ever played on a console. Awesome, unrelenting gunplay, up close exucution moves never get old. Spawn evil minions with wielding axes or chainsaws (if i remember correctly) to do your dirty work, impale people with your tentacles, have the darkness eat their hearts to improve itself ( which also never gets old.) travel back in time to a wierded out WWI with zombie soldiers and such, and along with all this, gorgeous graphics. do me a favor, watch both of these, it will have you sold for sure. heart devouring video http://youtube.com/watch?v=d-mLpvEHFGs&feature=related and execution move video http://youtube.com/watch?v=2xtdRORyvBo

Vamp is right, there are some slow parts, but not many, and there more than enough to make up for it.

Chrono, i may have misled you with Mass Effect, but not with this one.
*********SPOILER********************
The next part has been whited out for Chrono's viewing pleasure.

I think one of the highlights of the game was when you go to "hell", such as it is. Spooky, yet very atmospheric and artsy at the same time.
Old 07-13-2008, 03:58 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampiricClown View Post
*********SPOILER********************
The next part has been whited out for Chrono's viewing pleasure.

I think one of the highlights of the game was when you go to "hell", such as it is. Spooky, yet very atmospheric and artsy at the same time.
yeah i guess you could consider that a bit of a spoiler, i edited the references to it out of my post.
I think the best parts of the game are the story driven parts
***spoilers****
when your girlfriend is killed, i'd say is one of the shocking moments of a game ive ever played, as well as the part where you're tied up and get drilled, and then let the darkness take over and kick some ass.
as for hell, agreed, im a fan of the giant train cannon thingy.

Last edited by The Mothman; 07-13-2008 at 04:02 PM.