Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Site Suggestions/Questions
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-22-2010, 05:55 PM
Evil Dead

Horror Movie Locations

Hey guys! I always was infatuated with horror movie locations. I saw how the Salem's Lot location changed(pics on the net). I also saw bits and piece of where Stephen King's IT was filmed. I think it would be awesome if we could make a section for horror movie locations and work from there. Individual contributors adding new stuff all the time. Would be awesome. Heck, there are probably some of us that live near these locations and we don't even know of it. Here are some examples taken from an auction for Salem's Lot. The guy posted pictures of before and after. Look!

The boarding house and original lot of the Marsten House:

The town cemetary and old Barlow's Antique store:
Old 02-22-2010, 06:33 PM
Cranky

Somebody here posted pics they took of the houses in the original Halloween. Can't remember who...

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 02-23-2010, 03:24 AM
Foxhole Atheist

Wasn't Dawn of the Dead done in Johnstown? We've got a few Pennsylvania residents who must have a pic or three.

Battle Royalty, 2009
@Wolf_Scousemac
Old 02-23-2010, 03:57 AM
witchhunt

Most of it was filmed at The Monroeville Mall in Pittsburgh of course but there were scenes when they mentioned flying over Johnstown but the scenes weren't filmed there.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:05 PM
Scares Little Kids

Great thread. There's a guy on YouTube who travels to movie locations and re-enacts the motions of some of the actors in them. Lots of before and after video.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:08 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceofspades70 View Post
Great thread. There's a guy on YouTube who travels to movie locations and re-enacts the motions of some of the actors in them. Lots of before and after video.
Yes I know what you're talking about. I am not sure the guys nationality (Italian?), but I know the person on Youtube visiting the location of "The Howling". That was an awesome movie especially with Rob Bitton's mastery work on the Werewolfs. Epic...
Old 02-24-2010, 02:05 PM
A little glass vial?

Send a message via MSN to nightmare_of _death Send a message via Yahoo to nightmare_of _death Send a message via Skype™ to nightmare_of _death
I live about a half an hour away from the Mansfield Reformatory,where 'The Shawshank Redemption" was filmed. There's also a lot more haunted places around Ohio, The Gore Orphanage is a few hours away...Ive never been there,but I plan to soon.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:28 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightmare_of _death View Post
I live about a half an hour away from the Mansfield Reformatory,where 'The Shawshank Redemption" was filmed. There's also a lot more haunted places around Ohio, The Gore Orphanage is a few hours away...Ive never been there,but I plan to soon.
Interesting....it would be awesome if you can take pics and post it up here! That is of course you have some spare time on your hands :).

I remember I wanted to do a road trip to Derry(?) Maine since that is where they filmed Stephen Kings It. I was soooo obsessed where Pennywise lived:

As a child and seeing that very eerie, lifeless, scary place where the sewers are always tinkled my fancy. I thought that was the scariest place for me and would love to visit it. It is on the top of my list....
Old 02-25-2010, 03:38 PM
A little glass vial?

Send a message via MSN to nightmare_of _death Send a message via Yahoo to nightmare_of _death Send a message via Skype™ to nightmare_of _death
Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorsniped View Post
Interesting....it would be awesome if you can take pics and post it up here! That is of course you have some spare time on your hands :).

I remember I wanted to do a road trip to Derry(?) Maine since that is where they filmed Stephen Kings It. I was soooo obsessed where Pennywise lived:

As a child and seeing that very eerie, lifeless, scary place where the sewers are always tinkled my fancy. I thought that was the scariest place for me and would love to visit it. It is on the top of my list....
I definitely have the time,but no mode of transportation right now. :( I actually mapped out all the haunted places around Ohio that I wanna visit...which is ALL of them...and some non haunted places as well....but that's going to take a while to complete,then I'll go and conquer other states and countries as well...lol I would be happy to get pictures and post them.One of the things I want to go to school for is photography,so any photo opts are wonderful.I will try and plan to go on a tour of hopefully this year.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:33 PM
Evil Dead

Thats awesome dude! I also have this thing for taking pictures. I was an eBay seller selling video game stuff so I was always taking pictures of things I was posting. It got to the point where every angle, the lighting, and other details were so important to me. I would take two or three shots before getting the "perfect" shot. I never knew I had photograph in me :). But ya there is a famous haunted cemetary where I live so I should go there and take pictures.